Who will win the 18/19 ChL?

Who will win the 18/19 ChL?

• Total voters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am not convinced by Bayern at all. They are grinding out wins so far but the fashion in which they did it was not as pleasing to the eyes as before. Certainly it will take time for Kavac's ideas to gel so we will see.

Real Madrid looks good and didn't feel like missing Ronaldo or Zidane so they will always be a hot contender.

Liverpool might get it as they are playing the best football on the planet right now. And with a better defense, including goalkeeper they might go all the way.

City I am not sure, they play well but I feel Guardiola has the tendency to choke.

Juventus has a shot, not because Ronaldo is there, but because they are just a very resilient team.

Atletico will not go all the way.

Us? We have Valverde so.

BBZ8800

I have no idea who will win it, but it won't be Real.

Barca probably also won't win.
Someone outside of those 2 will win it: Juve, Psg, Atletico, Bayern, Liverpool.
Barca has tiny chances, though.

Real has 0,1% chances.
Also, I don't have too much hopes in Pep's teams without Messi.
Even slow Barca has bigger chances than Pep's teams.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Like Madrid, they have an approach which historically has worked the best in CL. Sitting deep and compact and hitting teams on the counter is pretty much the easiest way to win the Champions League.

Now they seem to have a better offense, they can do more damage up front, and if they keep it tight in defense which they will probably, they are pretty much custom built for cup competitions.

Didn't make it out of the groups last season, but with the exception of that they've been making it at least to the quarters since 13/14. Simeone's victory grinding style is very suitable for CL knock-outs I think, and they could not showcase that last season because they got eliminated way too early.

Yeah, I don't disagree with that, but I still feel like they miss that last ounce of quality that the system can't compensate for, that could propel them to the very top. They weren't that good domestically last season, and obviously they flopped in the ChL, and I just don't think they've been strengthened enough to be one of the favorites.

We'll see, though...

Devils

I think it will also come down to when the team will peak.

If this Barca team peaks at the right time, I am confident we will win it.

Trickykid

I think they have improved their Starting XI with Lemar and Rodri if he starts, and Gimenez if Simeone drops his Savic obsession. They have also added depth to multiple positions.

It's just their style of play which is suited to KO rounds, grinding the opponent for 180 minutes and sneaking the win which for them works against almost every opponent regardless of style of play.

As a system player, I'm not sure Rodri will be an instant upgrade over Gabi. Perhaps in time, though.

I've never been that big a fan of Lemar (even though I probably haven't seen quite enough of him to judge him fully), and I'm not sure he will be a bona-fide starter in a Simone team. Koke will probably still play one of the wings and Correa should play a role as well on the opposite wing. I don't know where that leaves someone like Gelson Martins either.

As you - and others - have said, their system is tailor made for the cup structure, but it's also extremely dependant on continuity and familiarity, which is why I have a hard time imagining any of the new players, bar Rodri, actually playing key roles this season already.

ronniecro

probably real again,i'd add juve and city as serious contenders...i hate to say it but i don't believe we got what it takes to win it

FinBarcelonafan

probably real again,i'd add juve and city as serious contenders...i hate to say it but i don't believe we got what it takes to win it

We lack hunger and drive. Of course it makes sense. Winning the CL for the fourth or fifth time isn't as exciting as winning it first time or something. I think Arturo Vidal was crucial buy in that sense. That guy has more attitude than our team had before!! Love his attitude.

serghei

Well, if we do win the CL, 3-2 for Madrid in the last 5 years is not that bad in the best era for them ever in this competition.

ronniecro

Well, if we do win the CL, 3-2 for Madrid in the last 5 years is not that bad in the best era for them ever in this competition.

Yes when you put it like that but no one will look it at that way,they will be remembered as the only team who managed to win it three times in a row,whoever wins it next apart from madrid won't have same significance,unless it's city or psg for example who would win it for first time. I said it before,i don't care how stupid it sounds but potential win after madrids dominance does not excite me that much,kinda feels the same as your turn in gangbang after others have finished

Home of Barca Fans