Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sunday, September 2, 18:30 CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_48x48.png
-
S72MCTiOGlQRhTfHW0uf9A_48x48.png

-----------

This is Barca's first match against Huesca in La Liga history as the team from Aragon never played in 1st division. They are coached by former Argentinian goalkeeper Leo Franco and have been solid in their first 2 matches against Basque sides winning at Eibar and drawing at Bilbao.
Pretty odd that they are playing 3 consecutive matches away from home.

soul24rage

I'm hoping we play as many players as possible who are not going to play in the international friendlies as some of the players who are are going to travel to different continents and play 2 games. We're going to play a lot of games this season so let's please use the squad. Because of that I would play the following.

Mats-----Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---- Rafinha, Busi, Arthur---Malcom, Messi, Denis

I feel this team can still win vs Huesca at home. If we can't then we have some serious depth problems.
Red players are players who are not going to participate in the international friendlies and Arthur didn't play much in the first two games. After this game, they'll have a 2 week break.
*Knowing Valverde he's not going to have the same idea as me so he'll play the same 1st team as the previous game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Would be great to see new signings but I am not holding my breath.

This is probably last easy match with full week of rest for entire season.

soul24rage

[tw]1035917495054557184[/tw]

ah crap, can't say I'm surprised but I do hoped that he would have considered that after this international break, we will have a very hard schedule and hoped all the players gained some minutes before then.
Starting XI will probably be the same as the game in Valladolid

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Im not sure if something is lost in translation , but is he saying that he wont rotate against Huesca or that he wont rotate throughout September and October ?

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Against Huesca.

Why would he even bring up the international break and the games after that then , they are relatively far away from the game against Huesca tomorrow.

EDIT: nvm , that quote got badly translated and he was just talking about the Huesca game.

Its still not very encouraging when you see quotes like this though:

It's an easy game, so will we get to see new faces?

Valverde:"It's a tough game and we have to win it."

And
Valverde: "Each game is played for three points but all the teams can defeat you and we will not allow ourselves to fall, so there is no easy match."

Last edited:

hulinat

The season literally just started so why even rotate? Its better to take no risks especially after almost almost fucking up vs Valladolid last week.

serghei

The season literally just started so why even rotate? Its better to take no risks especially after almost almost fucking up vs Valladolid last week.

Because it does wonders to the other players when they know are trusted not only when starters are injured or tired. Your best interest as a manager is not to have big gaps in quality between starters and squad payers. So when one player is visibly tired, or suspended, or injured, the replacement will do a great job. And he will do a great job because he already played several games before. He won't do a great job by magic.

It doesn't matter how early it is in the season. When you have a big squad filled with quality players you rotate or else things gonna go straight to shit. Players will start to be in a bad mood, some will start to bitch about it, create a bad vibe in the team. This is an easy opponent at home and is the perfect time to start some players that barely played in the first 2 rounds: Arthur, Lenglet, Vidal, Malcom. It's like basic stuff in terms of squad management.

Last edited:

jairzinho

EV will not rotate. That's how he is. Even in the early rounds of the Copa i won't be surprised if he plays a strong team against some mid table club from Seguna B.

xXKonan

Hard to believe this was the same team we battered 12-1 in two legs in the Copa Del Rey back in the 2014/15 season.

The amount of hard work Huesca has done since then to get here to La Liga is something else.

Porque

Valverde is very stubborn on getting his first 11 back to fitness. Last season was the same with Suarez playing awful for the first 2 months. But Valverde stuck with him until he found form and he will do the same this year.

The main beneficiary of this will be Dembele who will get plenty of time to continue growing as a Barcelona player.

Malcom can offer alot to the team right now and I would prefer him getting more minutes (30 min each week + the odd start) sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile a game like today would benefit Arthur immensely to start.

Valverde is pretty crap and unclear speaking to the press though. Likes to give balanced cookie cutter answers that attempt to answer nothing. Best to just wait and see until the first 11 is on the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans