Lliga | Round 3: FC Barcelona - Huesca 8-2

hamoon32

Lenglet and Vidal/Arthur should start. I'm okay with no rotation at front 3. They need more games to click.

FCBfan22

I would go with:

----------------MATS---------------
Roberto---Umtiti---Lenglet---Alba
---------------Rakitić---------------
------Arthur---------Coutinho------
Dembele-----Messi-------Suarez--

Roberto RB - It's not exactly a very tough game, so I would like a RB that goes forward + Pique isn't playing so we can afford that.
Rakitić DM - Bench Busi for one half. Busi - Raki sub in the 2nd.
Arthur - He needs gametme.

Subs:

55th - Rakitić <-> Busquets straight swap
65th - Suarez <-> Malcom (Dembele to LW, Malcom RW)
75th - Roberto <-> Semedo straight swap

Ronaldinho10

Perfect game for rotation would love to see Vidal and Arthur in the middle with Malcolm dembele on wings coutinho messi up front.

Ofc cowerd Verde won't rotate using his classic excuse "I want to keep the prime squad in good shape". Perfect way to excuse lack of rotation.

BBZ8800

Perfect game for rotation would love to see Vidal and Arthur in the middle with Malcolm dembele on wings coutinho messi up front.

Ofc cowerd Verde won't rotate using his classic excuse "I want to keep the prime squad in good shape". Perfect way to excuse lack of rotation.

That's more or less 4 NEW midfielders in midfield who weren't starters in the last season.
Imo, to get chemistry with teammates, Arthur and Malcom should play with other first team players, not with 5 new players who will be benched in the next match.

1 new guy per line is a way better recipe.

henias

This would be the perfect game to rotate, if not when? I think it's also better to show more solid plan Bs than to keep sticking to the same lineup and players all the time.

If one important player gets injured during the hell weeks, then we may very well struggle to fill in the gaps and be very unprepared.

BBZ8800

We need to rotate in these games. No better games to do it other than Copa.

There is a difference between:
1. playing 11 starters all the time
2. rotate 2 players
3. rotate 4 players
4. rotate 6 players
5. even worse, put 4-5 new signings with not too much chemistry and automatism in the same time in lineup.
After all, new players need to gel with starters, not with 5 other new signings who will be squad players.

Arthur needs to click with Rakitic and Busi.
Not with Roberto and Rafinha, for example.

Malcom needs to click with 2 out of Messi-Suarez-Dembele in attack.
Lenglet needs to click with Pique or Umtiti. Not with Vermaelen, for example.

Ok, I went into extremes, but you get the point.
Today it would be fine to play 1-2-3 squad players, but not suddenly play ALL new signings, like Arthur, Vidal, Malcom, Lenglet together on a field.

Garrus

Why in the hell should we rotate?
Our starting 11 played just over 300 minutes thus far, And had basically no pre-season, They barely finished ‘warming up’, Our concern for the time being is actually get them more into match rhythm, But most importantly, Prepare their physical fitness for the grueling upcoming season.

During the first 2 months of a season, Players are much more likely to be injured because of a lack of physical preparation and fitness, Than it is for any ‘fatigue’, No rationale for rotating now.

soul24rage

Why in the hell should we rotate?
Our starting 11 played just over 300 minutes thus far, And had basically no pre-season, They barely finished ‘warming up’, Our concern for the time being is actually get them more into match rhythm, But most importantly, Prepare their physical fitness for the grueling upcoming season.

During the first 2 months of a season, Players are much more likely to be injured because of a lack of physical preparation and fitness, Than it is for any ‘fatigue’, No rationale for rotating now.

I understand your point, but my reasons we should rotate in this match is that

-There are players who are going to play 2 games in the international friendlies after this game anyways and some are going to play in different continents so we don't want to burn them out.
-It helps the other players like Arthur, Malcom and Lenglet to ease into the competitive matches. In case we get suspension, injuries or whatever, they'll be ready.
-One of the problem of the last 3 seasons in the CL is that most of our players got burned out by March-April so we should manage their minutes more carefully.
-Since it's Huesca at home, they are not the strongest of opponents we can face so it's better to rotate 3 or 4 players. There are cases like Alaves at home in the 16-17 but I feel that even if we rotate 3 or 4 players, we are still competitive enough to get a win.
-Plus I don't think there's going to be a lot of games that we can rotate later on knowing EV

The players that have to play today are Lenglet and Malcom as they are not going to participate in the international friendlies

Last edited:

xXKonan

DmGT71bX0AAu2J0.jpg

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Exact same as the last one. Meh..
Wonder when the likes of Arthur, Malcom, Lenglet etc. are going to get their minutes if not against a team like Huesca. At home, no less.

Home of Barca Fans