FC Barcelona to meet Tottenham, PSV and Internazionale in UCL-groupstage 2018/19

eaman

Depending on when we play spurs they might have only played a few games or even one at their new home so it will be almost like a neutral ground. Teams always have a settling in period to their new stadium

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Depending on when we play spurs they might have only played a few games or even one at their new home so it will be almost like a neutral ground. Teams always have a settling in period to their new stadium

They won't move into their new ground until November or some shit so the away game against them will def be at The Wembley.

ronniecro

can't see us winning away games against tottenham and inter,against psv we'll probably win with some own goal

Alik

I'm in agreement with the general sentiment. It's a tough group but I like it.

I hope these matches expose our weaknesses. As it is a lower-risk environment, it will give us time to work solving them by the time we reach the knock-outs.

If everything works out, it should keep complacency away.

Not worried about no making it out of the group. If we don't, then we weren't going far beyond that anyway.

soul24rage

Our record in Italy since we last won vs Milan in 11-12.

-Tied vs Milan in 11-12.
-Lost vs Milan in 12-13.
-Tied vs Roma in 15-16.
-Lost vs Juve in 16-17.
-Tied vs Juve in 17-18.
-Loss vs Roma on that game...

Looking at this pattern, I feel we're going to tie vs Inter away lol

ASordidGod

Having weak groups and being able to rotate haven't done this team any well the previous years.

If Barca cannot prove their mettle against Tottenham and Inter and play good football and go through, then they don't deserve to be in the competition.

It will also force Valverde to drop the starters for the earlier Copa rounds and some easier La Liga games.

To be honest I'm not conviced Valverde will rotate sufficiently, but that's a different subject. As regards weak groups being the cause of our underperformance, I disagree. Indeed I fail to see how us having to struggle to qualify will help us six months down the line. And vice versa, I don't see on what basis you could argue that a weak group is what's cost us in recent years. Yes we underestimated Roma, but to ascribe that to the quality or lack thereof of the opposition six months previous is a huge stretch imo. Obviously we'll have to agree to disagree, but personally I'll always prefer the easiest draw possible for as long as possible. To say we can't adapt for opponent in cl is like saying it's a disadvantage in the league to play easy games before the classico, whereas I'd argue it's the opposite.

stefcb83

[tw]1035264732771561472[/tw]

fixture list are up guys

How quickly will it be when Barca make tickets for PSV available and how much will they start from? I'm out there for the first game and then again when we play Inter in October. Absolutely buzzing with those fixtures couldnt of turned out any better for me.

SeloBarca

Group D lol, what happened there?
ManC, Bayern and RM all got easyish groups.
Group H can get tough aswell.

Home of Barca Fans