4 - Ronald Araújo

FC433

Very very happy. I rate Araujo and I think he is a very good CB. I would 100% promote him to the first team next season. Konate is the only player who I would get and replace Araujo with.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's not even better than Todibo. Guy is suspect vs third division players at times.

xXKonan

Solid defensively but he wasn't courageous enough with is passing and just passed it back.

But overall not a bad start for him.

Vilarrubi

Probably nerves, if he watches it back he'll realise he had more time and should have been more confident going forward.

xXKonan

Yeah, it was nerves no doubt.

I could see why he started ahead of Umtiti. Even though Umtiti came back from Injury, Araujo looks more Athletic and quicker than Umtiti does.

Messigician

He was good? Why the critique? Better safe passing than dangerous giveaways.Too many ppl on here have unreasonable standards for young players

abiabi

good game. its a shame he was born just a few meters away from brazil lol (hes from the border) we need to replace thiago silva who's getting old. his name is ronald araujo da silva very brazilian

nibarcafans

I thought he did really well. Okay a lot of his passing was back to ter Stegen or sideways, but it was his first start, after what happened in his last sub appearance too, it's no great surprise he kept it safe. Defensively no issues though

Porque

Assured performance. Sure he wasn't tested much one on one bar a few Kubo drives but he knows how to play a back two CB unlike Mina and Todibo.

Would previous imports like Marlon have performed at the same level? Probably so let's keep our feet grounded. But he has earned another start against Leganes so let's hope Setien keeps him in the 11 and lets Lenglet return for the Sevilla game.

He has the mentality to make the most of his talents so you can see why both our first team coaches liked him.

He has also really benefitted by learning our system in and out through the B team and playing under Pimienta who IMO is a really good development coach.

Slight tangent, but a B team in Segunda under Pimiento and signing CBs like Todibo-Araujo to grow in the Barcelona system (unless we have a strong LaMasia talent there like Eric Garcia if he didn't leave) is definitely the way to go. 2.5m spent between them and both top5 league quality. Great scouting that hopefully we can replicate further upfield.

JamDav1982

Thought he played fairly well, was a good presence in box at both ends and blocked a lot of crosses into the box.

Passed the ball back a fair bit but almost certainly would have been told to do that if nothing sure on. Fine for first games but needs to pass ball forward more.

Didnt look slow either as he often seems to be held up as.

Home of Barca Fans