4 - Ronald Araújo

xXKonan

Are Pique and Araujo compatible though?
I think so.

Pique for years played well with the likes of Puyol and Mascherano who were both the Hardman of the pairing and even before Umtiti busted his knee he worked well with Pique.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think so.

Pique for years played well with the likes of Puyol and Mascherano who were both the Hardman of the pairing and even before Umtiti busted his knee he worked well with Pique.

Puyol and Mascherano were his seniors though.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think so.

Once my son asked me when Pique's prime has been. I answered:'' Son, there isnt a prime Pique, there is just a Pique with Puyol or Mascherano and a Pique without them.''

Horatio

You're welcome
They were but in terms of style they fit perfectly with Pique.

Araujo is obviously much younger but I don't really see that as that big of an issue.

Okay, thought we were discussing if Pique would allow youngster Araujo to instruct him and keep him in check.

Porque

Araujo can learn alot from Pique. Let's hope he continues to grow and stays as a starter ahead of Eric the Blue next season.

soul24rage

[SofaScore] | After tonight, 959 different outfield players played at least 10 full matches (900 minutes) in the top 5 European leagues this season.

Barcelona's central defender Ronald Ara?jo is the only one who hasn't been dribbled past at least once.

It's going to be interesting seeing him against someone like Neymar

cro-man

He needs to learn about how defend crosses. His positioning there is many times questionable. Everything else seems fine. He is a tank when it comes to 1vs1.

Joan

That stat saying he hasn't been dribbled past says how good he really is at 1 on 1 defending. Still so much to work on, his positioning was rather suspect tonight.

Playing alongside Umtiti suits him. Has to deal with the ball less.

Home of Barca Fans