4 - Ronald Araújo

xXKonan

Wouldn't be surprised if he plays a lot more than what we are expecting.

His profile is different from the others we have and has looked pretty damn good in his games for the first team.

Vilarrubi

Has he taken the number 4 shirt permanently or was that just for that game? Could imply he's having a bigger role this season, although Denis Suarez had the number 6 so who knows.

Messi983

Numbers don't really mean much these days in relevance to player's role in the team. But he'll surely get a first team number (between 1-25). Could be before the Elche game although with no fans in the stands I don't think there will be a traditional presentation of the team like usualy at Gamper this year.

Another problem is we need to free up some numbers before we can register Barca B players as first team members.

Here are currently (officially) unoccupied numbers:

4 - Araujo?
6 - Alena?
12 - free - last worn by Rafinha IIRC, so if he'll stay at the end could get his number back but I think he'll leave
17 - Trincao?

And then we have players who could potentially leave:

2 - Semedo - this number would probably go to whoever would replace him if he leaves
9 - Suarez - Depay would probably get this number if he comes
16 - Wague - he's surely leaving, at least on loan late in the transfer window if we won't find a buyer
19 - Braithwaite
22 - Vidal
23 - Umtiti - sadly don't think we'll manage to offload him
24 - Firpo

And then we need shirt numbers for following players:

- Pedri - wearing #27 in preseason
- Puig (28)
- Fati (31)
- Todibo? (if he stays which I dont' believe)

assuming Araujo, Alena and Trincao will stay with the numbers they're having in preseason.

Pedri (unless his contract prevents that) and Puig could eventually still be registered as Barca B players (so wearing their current numbers) but Ansu will need to be given a first team number to extend his contract.

cro-man

This guy could turn great for us. Not sure when was the time we had someone strong and fast and someone who can actually defend. It was just girona but I have a good feeling about this guy and he ist still very young.

Andrew M

This guy could turn great for us. Not sure when was the time we had someone strong and fast and someone who can actually defend. It was just girona but I have a good feeling about this guy and he ist still very young.

We've had some false dawns with the likes of Marlon and Mina so I'd keep expectations very low.

Andrew M

Marlon looked decent, but Mina never looked fast.

I'm just saying that pre season games are really a poor sample to make judgments on young players.

I remember reading a DonAndres massive block of text (2 summers ago I think) celebrating the performances of Miranda in preseason as though he were the next Roberto Carlos

xXKonan

Marlon was good on the ball but there were some question marks off the ball and how he could improve but while he wasn't fast he was still pretty mobile.

Yerry on the other hand is not suited for teams that are more open, not in the slightest. His Size while makes him a menace on set pieces in attack and also helping in defending, it also made him a liablity when teams broke on the break as he's not quick enough and often struggles in 1v1 situations and made him look like a fish out of water.

Araujo was rough when he came to the B team, but has improved a lot on the ball even if it's still not his greatest strenghts. However he will likely succeed due to the fact that his skill set is something this team had been needing for years now and I actually wouldn't be shocked if he played with Pique a lot more often than we realize.

Messigician

Marlon was good on the ball but there were some question marks off the ball and how he could improve but while he wasn't fast he was still pretty mobile.

Yerry on the other hand is not suited for teams that are more open, not in the slightest. His Size while makes him a menace on set pieces in attack and also helping in defending, it also made him a liablity when teams broke on the break as he's not quick enough and often struggles in 1v1 situations and made him look like a fish out of water.

Araujo was rough when he came to the B team, but has improved a lot on the ball even if it's still not his greatest strenghts. However he will likely succeed due to the fact that his skill set is something this team had been needing for years now and I actually wouldn't be shocked if he played with Pique a lot more often than we realize.

Mina cost us an unbeaten season all to make a small profit on the clown

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I'm just saying that pre season games are really a poor sample to make judgments on young players.

I remember reading a DonAndres massive block of text (2 summers ago I think) celebrating the performances of Miranda in preseason as though he were the next Roberto Carlos

Yeah, I remember that too. He wrote that wall because Miranda gave like one good diagonal pass. TBH DonAndres used to overhype our La Masia youngsters a lot. He is more careful now :lol:

xXKonan

EiNyYPUXsAAjgwp

Gets called up for Uruguay.

Home of Barca Fans