Ferland Mendy

Bulgroz

My first instinct would have been a flat no. That being said, Aulas said he was open to selling Ndombele to PSG this winter if they paid a hight price. Same is probably true for Mendy. Lyon "failed" to sell Fekir and they probably counted on that money, since they own their stadium and have to pay crazy amounts every year to pay for it. But doubt they'd sell him for less than a 25-30 millions mid-season (they'll need him for Ligue 1 if they want to play UCL next season, and maybe for UCL this season if they manage to go through, as I said in another topic).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Is there a point to signing him when he'll most likely play 1 in 10 games with Valverde rather betting on experience? Should perhaps get an older LB for a 6 month loan instead.

DonAK

Apparently one of the players Abidal will keep an extra eye on when we travel to Lyon in a couple of weeks.

He's a pretty good player from what I've seen, very talented and well-rounded. Found it interesting how comfortable he is coming inside too. Again though, he's probably the best LB on the market right now so might end up costing a bit and will command some playing time if we sign him.

So if Abidal thinks about signing him it should be as Alba's potential successor down the road and not just Alba's backup, because he can go to another top club a tier below Barca and be the full-time starter.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Mendy himself said, not long ago, that he is looking at the upcoming Barça tie as a window of opportunity for him. Basically hinting to a possible exit this summer or in the very near future.

However personally I have been more impressed by Junior Firpo who looks like a special talent to me.

DonAK

Mendy himself said, not long ago, that he is looking at the upcoming Barça tie as a window of opportunity for him. Basically hinting to a possible exit this summer or in the very near future.

However personally I have been more impressed by Junior Firpo who looks like a special talent to me.

I think Real Madrid will sign him, especially if they sell Marcelo. He's said he's a Madridista too so helps their cause.

Leo_Messi

I think Real Madrid will sign him, especially if they sell Marcelo. He's said he's a Madridista too so helps their cause.

Yes, that is the negative thing here but I preferred not to mention it.:lol:

Anyway I don't give much for such statements given who plays for RM currently. Half of their team were publicly known to have declared themselves as Barça "fans" for what it is worth before their transfers to RM. Even their most favorite baldie used to be an open Barça fan before he was bought by Juve. He was inches away from signing with us in the mid 1990's as Cruyff wanted him but Núñez wanted it differently.

Riordon

Really, really quality. Goes on both the underlap and overlap. Excellent technique.

Too good to be a backup LB tho.

Home of Barca Fans