Eder Militao

Leo_Messi

If he has the potential to be anywhere near as good as Pepe was, it has to be said that RM struck gold. Even when paying €50 million.

Porto fans rate him highly but always difficult to rate a player's potential and current level objectively when a fan.

What is your take on him [MENTION=19224]raki[/MENTION] ? Are we talking Pepe level of potential?

Disliked that guy but damn, he was a great defender on his day. Had it all. Positioning, pace, strength, passing (although not a Koeman or Piqué but less can do) etc. For most of his time at RM he was the better CB compared to Ramos.

Last edited:

raki

He played right back against Roma. He´s average in that position.
In the middle he´s great but it´s still early to compare him to Pepe. He had an immediate impact and Pepe took 2 years to emerge as top defender in Porto.
The big difference is Pepe kept getting better in Madrid despite the violent outbursts. I cant predict future in that regard.

Regarding Barcelona stype of play De Lligt is obviously more suited because of the Ajax background. For sure.

I rather have De Ligt for 75 than Militão for 50, in terms of Barça future.

BarçaBarça

Not sure about Valverde, but Casemiro has a Spanish passport. I think Valverde probably has one too.

I looked it up, spanish media says that Real has applied for Valverdes spanish passport in 2018 and hope it will get through before this summer.
All 3 spots are filled if Valverde gets his passport with Rodrygo, Militao and Vinicius.

Andresito

Staff member
Felt dizzy at his presentation and had to end the press conference, starting at around 11:25 in the video below.
Wonder what he'll feel when Messi runs at him :messi:

[tw]1148932681897349120[/tw]

They say it's because he arrived in Madrid around 05.00 and didn't eat much.

Messi983

Good for him that Messi doesn't run much these days. :p

He probably also didn't sleep much and was a bit dehydrated and nervous.

BTW, this thread should be moved to RM sub-forum. :)

EdmondDantes

I kept seeing Porto fans saying he's better than de Ligt.

Considering I read Pep wanted to buy him when he was 16, and how he was the Portuguese league's best defender for something like 5 months straight,there might be something in him.

Didn't watch their game though so can't comment.

Riordon

This guy is so great and RM snapped him for just 50m while we spend the whole summer going after De Ligt who was way overpriced. Now we are in need of two quality CB's and is probably gonna overpay.

Militia was such a great market opportunity who did fantastic in Porto yet we didn't even look his way.

He is extraordinary good, better than De Ligt IMO. Between him and Konate its difficult to evaluate right now but for 50m its a steal.

Home of Barca Fans