Eder Militao

EdmondDantes

Is he playing at centre-back or full-back at Porto?

I watched Brazil's last two friendlies - to keep an eye on Arthur - and he played as a full-back and he was OK but not a natural fit there. And yet I remember him being mention as a top central defensive prospect when Man City were in for him.

I've since heard he's been doing well in Portugal but I have no idea what position he's even playing.

raki

Is he playing at centre-back or full-back at Porto?

I watched Brazil's last two friendlies - to keep an eye on Arthur - and he played as a full-back and he was OK but not a natural fit there. And yet I remember him being mention as a top central defensive prospect when Man City were in for him.

I've since heard he's been doing well in Portugal but I have no idea what position he's even playing.

Center. His speed and awareness was a hame changer for Porto defense.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah could be just another Mangala.

Was bought for 4M by Porto, market value is now at 20M with a 50M release clause. South American centre backs seem to be good business.

Andresito

Staff member
Nothing to do with Militão. The only world class player in the PT league. Followed by Telles.

Players like Danilo and Mangala were supposedly world class, or at least had the potential to be. Jackson dominated that league before leaving for Atlético.

Not saying Militão is bad, I actually haven't seen him play, but there is a risk involved in dealing with players from Primeira Liga.

raki

Players like Danilo and Mangala were supposedly world class, or at least had the potential to be. Jackson dominated that league before leaving for Atlético.

Not saying Militão is bad, I actually haven't seen him play, but there is a risk involved in dealing with players from Primeira Liga.

Agree. Always said that. Even for Semedo. In my view he´s not good enough or Valverde is to fault.

Ascom

Militão is world class. Period. Even before going to Porto he was seen as the future of the Brazilian National team.

Home of Barca Fans