Eder Militao

Leo_Messi

Another overrated player from the Portuguese league and Porto in particular or a genuine talent? The reality is that only a tiny amount of those hyped talents from the Portuguese league have managed to establish themselves as truly top players in the past 10+ years.

Anyway great business by Porto if they manage to sell him for 10+ times their initial purchase fee.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

If you watched more football and you'd be able to answer that question yourself.

Sorry, I don't have the time to watch freaking FC Porto on a weekly basis. I doubt that you do as well. You might have watched a few YouTube videos of him (that I am yet to) and read what some Porto fans are saying on Reddit or some other forum, lol, and now you pretend to be an expert.

Read my entire post the next time before commenting.

BTW unlike you (most likely) I watch 2-3 matches involving Porto and Benfica (at times Sporting too) against random league opponents due to occasional betting and bookies like BET365 and others offer their members live coverage of all Portuguese league matches.

Players like Grimaldo look like world beaters in that league. As does the almost 36 year old Jonas who has been the topscorer I don't know how many times in a row if we exclude Bas Dost from that list. Another "world beater". Says it all really about the level. Even Ligue 1 looks like a somewhat strong league in comparison.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Sorry, I don't have the time to watch freaking FC Porto on a weekly basis. I doubt that you do as well. You might have watched a few YouTube videos of him (that I am yet to) and read what some Porto fans are saying on Reddit or some other forum, lol, and now you pretend to be an expert.

Read my entire post the next time before commenting.

BTW unlike you (most likely) I watch 2-3 matches involving Porto and Benfica (at times Sporting too) against random league opponents due to occasional betting and bookies like BET365 and others offer their members live coverage of all Portuguese league matches.

Players like Grimaldo look like world beaters in that league. As does the almost 36 year old Jonas who has been the topscorer I don't know how many times in a row if we exclude Bas Dost from that list. Another "world beater". Says it all really about the level. Even Ligue 1 looks like a somewhat strong league in comparison.

But you don't have to watch Militão week in and week out to determine why he's so sought after. All you have to do is pay attention.

For example, I'm sure you don't watch Ajax every week either, but you're familiar with FDJ... It's the internet age, mate. Do better.

Leo_Messi

But you don't have to watch Militão week in and week out to determine why he's so sought after. All you have to do is pay attention.

For example, I'm sure you don't watch Ajax every week either, but you're familiar with FDJ... It's the internet age, mate. Do better.

My question was genuine. I was not ruling him out at all. I have watched Ajax Amsterdam (including in the CL against the likes of Bayern) more often than I have watched Porto this season as well as in the past 2 seasons. Therefore I have much more material to form an opinion about Frenkie de Jong and De Light. Not that this opinion carriers similar weight to an actual Ajax fan who watches all their games.

My previous points remain. Benfica and Porto have made a living out of buying cheap players (largely or often unknown before their arrival to Portugal) from mainly Brazil but also other countries in South America and it takes very little time for those same players to be hyped to an extreme level if they show promise in the Portuguese league. Subsequently many such players are sold to other European leagues for transfer fees many times greater than what Porto paid for them. Most of those hyped players never fulfill their initial hype.

For example how many players from the Portuguese league (that were bought from the outside) have made it at elite clubs in the past 15+ years when talking about defenders? I can only think of Pepe on top of my head and he moved to Portugal as a 18 year old. Mangala was hyped as the real deal not many years ago. Turned out not to be the case. Somewhat similarly with Danilo who is nothing more than a substitute at City for Walker who, like many English players, is vastly overrated compared to his transfer fee and hype in England.

Last edited:

Thiago10

Your arguments are ridiculous mate..

El Gato

Villarato!
More investment in the future... Our D looks super solid TBF. Reguilon could potentially be the LB successor as he's already pretty good, Nacho can be the utility Arbeloa as he ages and then we will still have Rafa, Vallejo as half-broken 4th choice that may be shipped out, Carvajal who may stay or do his EPL move he mentioned he wants eventually, Odriozola taking over on the right and Hakimi coming back in summer 2020 having learned how to play on either side of the defense should Theo Hernandez ultimately get sold. Casemiro-Llorente ahead, Ceballos, Kroos, maybe Eriksen too...

I'm liking the way our defense is more or less going to be set for years and the rest of the money can go into the attacking pot.

VN10

Another hyped Brasilian. He's a good player, dont get me wrong.
But there's plenty of bigger talents who have more chance to grow into a worldclass defender.

Last edited:

Riordon

Liga NOS defender of the month award this season:

August: Diogo Leite
September: Éder Militão
October: Éder Militão
November: Éder Militão
December: Éder Militão
January: Éder Militão

50m. Should we go after him instead of De Ligt?

Home of Barca Fans