Agustin Almendra

Messi983

Agustin+Almendra+Indpendiente+vs+Boca+Juniors+AEBOXW0Fy1El.jpg

Club: Boca Juniors
Date of birth: 11 February 2000 (age 18)
Place of birth: Argentina
Height: 182 cm
Position: Central midfielder/Attacking midfielder/Right midfielder

According to Argentinian and Spanish press Barça has shown interest in young midfielder from Boca who has played 26 minutes in Gamper trophy game last week. Didn't really paid attention to him so I'll have to watch the game again.

[youtube]3u-VyTDEEis[/youtube]

[youtube]PPfGCk5NCBo[/youtube]

Messi983

I found a scouting report on him.

http://www.worldfootballscouting.com/schede-giovani-talenti/agustin-almendra-2000-argentina (in Italian)

google translate:

BIOGRAPHY

Agustin Almendra had the chance to make his debut at the age of 18, with the Boca Juniors jersey, on the occasion of the Primera División match against the Independent on April 16th. The midfielder "Xeneize" played 66 minutes at a good level, repeating himself with a minor minority in the next match against Newell's.

"I really enjoyed it, despite a tough and difficult match. His replacement was not the result of a bad performance, but the need to insert another striker, "were the words of his coach, Guillermo Barros Schelotto, in the post game.

His debut among the professionals was facilitated by the simultaneous absence of many players of the first team in his field of expertise, but "Agus" (as he is called by friends) had long been followed by the watchful eye of the technician Schelotto, who he had seen a good number of goals with the reserve team led by the "Flaco" Schiavi.

Raised with the myth of Roman Riquelme, to which he was often compared, on the occasion of his debut Almendra had to advance a bit 'its range of action, taking the place of another great champion, Carlos Tevez. But Agustin is a ductile player, as confirmed by Roberto Passucci, former Boca midfielder who has trained him in the youth sector: "Almendra can play both central midfield and midfielder and also from midfielder".

Almendra has found fertile ground with "El Mellizo" (the twin, is the nickname of Schelotto), which has always had an eye for young talents; it is no coincidence that the 2000 class was the ninth debutant of its management.

Augustin was born in San Francisco Solano, a town located between Quilmes and Almirante Brown, he started playing football in the Club Social y Deportivo 7 de Agosto, located in Rosa 6099, between Cala y Charcas and Claypole. At that time, according to coaches, Agustin already made the difference: "In the baby fútbol was an extraordinary thing. He was one of the most recognized players, he had a lot of temperament. They said it was rebellious, but we knew it was not like that, "is the memory of Mr. Diego Meirinho. The latter then reminds us how Agus has still maintained a particular characteristic: "He has a special way of running and he has it now too. He trots and does not bend his knees, it's strange "and adds:" In a game he dribbles up to four Independent players, it's a feature he's always had. It was very normal in him. "(Taken from debrown.com.ar)

Before arriving at Boca, about 10 years old, the boy had some fleeting experiences in the youth sector of the Lanus and the Independent. To discover it was the observer "Xeneize" Roberto Madoery, who describes it like this: "Almendra is similar to Bentancur but with more potential".
A comparison certainly less demanding than that with Riquelme, but is confirmed by the former coach of the Argentine national team, Gerardo "El Profe" Salorio: "It's like Riquelme when he was a child".

According to Rolando Schiavi and his collaborators, Agus was one of the best promises of the team. The boy has had important testimonies of esteem also from the prestigious newspaper Olé, which exalting his game style and his performances, he has included in the number of December 25, 2017, using for him these words: "The personality and attitude, the vision of the game, the speed and the sense of goal are the main virtues of Almendra ".

Naturally, Boca's talent has already been part of the Argentine U17 and Under 20 national teams; with the latter he also recently played the role of sparring partner in a pre-world training of Selección. (taken from ********* and www.lanacion.com.ar)

TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND TACTICS

Agustin Almendra is a midfielder capable of holding different positions on the median line of the field. For his gait and height, as already mentioned, he has been compared to Riquelme, but the 2000 class of Boca does not reach the levels of technical quality of its illustrious predecessor. Almendra, however, is more ductile, using a terminology dear to the Argentineans, it is a "steering wheel" of right foot that can play near the central "steering wheel" or even "enganche" (trequartista).

Technically skilled, physically long-limbed, strong in the air game, Almendra is a midfielder with mainly offensive attitudes, in possession of a good dribble, a peripheral game vision and a great timing in the offensive insertions.

Agus distributes the ball with confidence and peace of mind and immediately afterwards he finds himself ready in the opposing area to finalize the crosses coming from the outside lanes.

Physically it is quite strong and this allows him to defend the ball with discrete tranquility. At the character level it seems to have a remarkable personality, further exalted by the determination and "garra" that puts in the contrasts.

Almendra tactically can occupy different positions in the midfield, but that of the playmaker raider seems to be the most suited to its characteristics. In a 4-2-3-1 the role behind the central tip allows him to go in goal with a certain frequency, managing to often surprise the back pack opponents.

FINAL ANALYSIS

Strengths: Offensive times of insertion, technique, progression ball to the foot, sense of goal, air play, physical strength, dribbling.
Weaknesses: It can be faster in the choice of play.
Who looks like: Bryan Cristante
Evaluation: 3.5 / 5

FC433

I would not really mind investing 30m on both Agustin Almendra and Leonardo Balerdi. But we should loan them to other teams not getting them for Barca B.

Androutsos

Since football is leaning, like BBZ often mentions, towards the need of having strong/physical players WITH technique mixed in the team, and since we have players like Rakitic, Vidal and previously Keita/Paulinho (who were all purchased in their 20s/30s) I can understand trying to find players in that profile at a younger age.

Messi983

I would not really mind investing 30m on both Agustin Almendra and Leonardo Balerdi. But we should loan them to other teams not getting them for Barca B.

30m for both is too much given the fact Almendra has played 3 games for Boca's first team while Balerdi didn't even make a debut in official game if I'm not wrong. We paid 12m for Mina who was considered one of the best CBs in South America and a NT player. Ideally we would do a Marlon/Vitinho deal again and get Almendra and/or Balerdi on loan to Barça B with option to buy (that could be about 10-12M if needed to convince Boca) so we would see what they can offer before making a decision to buy one or both of them. But Boca probably wouldn't accept that.

I disagree with your idea of loaning them to other teams if we'd buy them. Barça B would be a good team to develop next season since they both don't have much senior football experience and are not ready for La Liga and probably not even for Segunda A football and personally I'd rather keep them in Spain than loan to Ligue 1 or other leagues. At least until January. If one or both of them would adapt quickly and show they have overgrown Barça B/Segunda B level in 3-4 months we could loan them out to a higher division team in winter transfer window but I think this would be unlikely.

Anyway this are pure speculations as I don't believe we are seriously considering buying either Almendra or Balerdi right now but we'll probably keep monitoring them :braida: like we do with tens or hundreds of promising players around the world.

Home of Barca Fans