Lliga Round 2: Valladolid - Barca 0-1

soul24rage

Is that even possible? But yeah, this could be a very difficult match if we don't get an early goal. Won't be surprised if Messi needs to carry the team again.

oh by being more conservative, I meant with the player selection. rather than starting a more attacking 442 midfield of something like (dembele, rakitic, busquets, coutinho), i think he'll go with a more defensive 442 lineup something like (roberto/vidal, rakitic, busquets, coutinho). you're probably right that messi will win this game for us.

xXKonan

DlYqgtMWwAAh8GO.jpg

Squad list.

No Paco or Rafinha.

soul24rage

i think thats going to be our squad of 18 for most of the season barring any injuries/suspensions and selecting either munir or rafinha (if rafinha decides to stay)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rafinha must be negotiating a transfer because I don't see how Munir gets in ahead of him. If Suarez went down I'd rather play Messi as a false 9 and have Dembele and Malcom or Coutinho and Dembele/Malcom on the wings than Munir in as CF.

PhilS

With 24 still on the squad, there will be several who will get close to zero minutes this season. With Dembele, Coutinho and Malcolm available to play on the wings, I don't see either Munir or Paco being used. In midfield, you'd have to bypass some real talent to put Rafinha, D. Suarez, or Alena on the field.

gr98

[tw]1033115986793295872[/tw]

Says that we will see Dembele, Suarez, Messi, and Coutinho starting tomorrow.

serghei

I'd play Roberto at RB and sub in Semedo with around 20 mins to go.

I'd play both Arthur and Vidal with either Busquets or Rakitic at dm. Then Coutinho Messi Dembele up front. Sub in Suarez for Vidal after a little more than an hour. Move Coutinho in midfield left, move Arhur midfield right, move Messi on the right and Suarez at 9.

Keep Dembele and Coutinho full game.

Never gonna happen though. He's probably going to start with Busi, Rakitic, Suarez from the start like in the last game.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How about we try a 4-2-3-1 with (being realistic)

ter Stegen

Roberto - Pique - Umtiti - Alba

Rakitic - Vidal

Dembele - Messi - Coutinho

Suarez

And try to turn up the pace instead of slow walking all game long

serghei

Let's see. Should be a rather easy win against a team that is likely to be in the relegation battle. I would like us to be faster, even if we lose the ball more often. Your line-up [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] would have us dealing better with more lost balls, while upping the tempo and play more direct.

Could be ideal in CL away games, where playing direct and fast is the best way to get those away goals.

Last edited:

Joan

Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Rakitić-Vidal-Coutinho

Messi-Suarez-Dembele

That's what I expect. Hoping for Malcom in Ousmane's place.

Home of Barca Fans