Ruben Dias

malvolio

I think a topclass CB was rather down on the list of priorities. I dont think our defense was at fault for Bayern or Liverpool either (not that they were good). We certainly lack a "highlight" defender in those games (like Ramos, Van Dijk), who can step up the defense all by himself, but a player like that is not on the market. Everything else is a sidestep.

I for one am positively surprised that we sold Semedo. I didnt expect any major changes in defence.

so we concede 8 against bayern and 4 against liverpool and defense wasn't at fault? who was then? the kitman?

i understand that it's more than just defending and different tactics and coach might help. but you can't go into battle already knowing that lenglet and roberto were never meant to be starters here.

what we should do is get a top class CB and move lenglet to the bench where he belongs. then we see if araujo is able to replace pique or we have to buy someone again.

but nah, we laugh at pep and city like we are in a better position than them. at least they try switching things up.

Farripas

At Benfica, he had some brain farts now and then...until the last year. That last year was amazing, he developed so much. Stopped having those constant brain farts. And he's already an amazing leader, always was the captain in the youth squads. Would replace Pique in talent and has a leader right away. He should be captain, but does not need the armband to lead. I was very sad when he left Benfica.

Bobo32

At Benfica, he had some brain farts now and then...until the last year. That last year was amazing, he developed so much. Stopped having those constant brain farts. And he's already an amazing leader, always was the captain in the youth squads. Would replace Pique in talent and has a leader right away. He should be captain, but does not need the armband to lead. I was very sad when he left Benfica.

What are your thoughts on his ball distribution?

Farripas

What are your thoughts on his ball distribution?

Improved A LOT in his last year at Benfica. Even had a couple of assists on long passes. I like his vision. Usually does not panic. Granted, i haven't seen much of City, but being in the starting XI in a Pep team and people talking really well about him, tells me he's even better.

Bobo32

Improved A LOT in his last year at Benfica. Even had a couple of assists on long passes. I like his vision. Usually does not panic. Granted, i haven't seen much of City, but being in the starting XI in a Pep team and people talking really well about him, tells me he's even better.

Another portuguese player Barcelona were missing out on to City, then...
Both Bernardo and Cancelo were Benfica players too, right? Always thought they were meant for Barcelona, but no...

JamDav1982

Both Bernardo and Cancelo were Benfica players too, right? Always thought they were meant for Barcelona, but no...

More nonsense 'I always thought' claims.

Come out with these daily and is too transparent.

Farripas

Oh, Cancelo not so sure. Maybe he could be a right-footed Alba. He attacks great, but defending wasn't his strong.

I LOVE Bernardo Silva. Was my favorite player at the time. Been following him since the youth squads. He was sold too quickly because Jorge Jesus (who is the manager now again) does not believe in playing players from the youth squads and wanted Bernardo to be a left-back. Disgusting. Still pissed about it. Ballon D'Or potential, without a doubt in my mind. Ridiculous. But yeah, Bernardo would be perfect for Barca. That's why he is in a Pep team...

Sorry, i guess i'm still sensitive about it. :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
City's VVD. What an impact he's had.

Liverpool with VVD
City with Dias
United with Maguire

Odd one out?

Farripas

City's VVD. What an impact he's had.

Liverpool with VVD
City with Dias
United with Maguire

Odd one out?

Maguire is such a flop.. That's why United are in the state they're in (but improving, yes). They wanted Maguire to be their VVD, but they got this MASSIVE flop. And that's not taking into account what he costed.

Home of Barca Fans