Nicolas Pépé

soul24rage

and kinda hoped instead of boetang we went for llorente as plan b.

I think that there was no hope Spurs would have sold us Llorente in the Jan. transfer window with Son off to the Asian Cup and Kane being injured.
But I do hope that we get him or Giroud as they are both free agents in the summer and be a back up for Suarez or provide something different whenever we are trailing.

FC433

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BeIN Sports reporter Bel-Abbès Bouaissi claims that Bayern Munich have made a bid worth close to €80m for Lille attacker Nicolas Pépé & that Adidas are involved in the deal - full story <a href="https://t.co/lxjI5PC1y7">https://t.co/lxjI5PC1y7</a></p>— Get French Football News (@GFFN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1108035955586408450?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

Antimadridista1

Prices are going crazy. He's a very good player, but never ever worth that amount of money.. Bayern are desperate, just like we were when we bought Coutinho and Dembele for crazy money after the Neymar saga.

MTL_Barca

He will be good for Bayern.

Why is Nike never involved in our deals? :(

Well in most cases we never get to know if/how sponsors are involved. And it's not even clear what being "involved" means. If i remember correctly Dembele to Dortmund for a cheap price was supposedly also down to Dortmund being sponsored by Puma because Puma and Rennes share the same owner or something like that.

When it comes to Bayern/Adidas also keep in mind that Adidas actuall owns 8,33% of Bayerns shares, so the connection is not just a regular sponsoring deal.

Last edited:

Havesaks

Well in most cases we never get to know if/how sponsors are involved. And it's not even clear what being "involved" means. If i remember correctly Dembele to Dortmund for a cheap price was supposedly also down to Puma because Puma and Rennes share the same owner or something like that.

When it comes to Bayern/Adidas also keep in mind that Adidas actuall owns 8,33% of Bayerns shares, so the connection is not just a regular sponsoring deal.

Ah okay didnt know that tbh, thanks! Makes more sense then.

When Messi had the 250m euro buy-out clause adidas werea also rumored to pay half the price if he would go to either chelsea or bayern. Do you know if they also have some shares in Chelsea? :)

MTL_Barca

Ah okay didnt know that tbh, thanks! Makes more sense then.

When Messi had the 250m euro buy-out clause adidas werea also rumored to pay half the price if he would go to either chelsea or bayern. Do you know if they also have some shares in Chelsea? :)

Don't think so. IF this was true (kinda doubt it tbh) it was probably just to get Messi away from Nikes biggest flagship. They have the personal deal with him but their biggest competitor still had his face everywhere because of Barca so would make sense to try to "steal" him. And Chelsea and Bayern were the biggest Adidas clubs at that point afaik, besides Real.

When it comes to Bayern, there aren't any reliable infos of Adidas being involved in deals as far as i'm aware. Like sometimes it's rumored, or players sign new sponsoring deals etc but nothing about Adidas actually paying for transfers or anything like that. Only one i can remember is them paying the signing fee for Claudio Pizarro but that was like 15 years ago :lol:

I personally don't think they really help with transfers, i think it's more about their personal deals with players that may help to attrack players so both sides can profit. But that's something that nike probably also could do or does for us, because at this point they sponsor us for 20 years and we recently got this huge contract until 2026 so that shouldn't be a problem. But just like signing fees, and agent fees etc these are the things we hardly ever hear anyway.

To stay on topic here...i think Pepe could fit them quite well. They need a RW that can score some goals so he should be good for that. There are different numbers reported, i think straight up 80M would be too much but like 50-60 + some boni would be ok in todays market. Don't think he's gonna become like undoubtedly world class, but can turn out quite good. After all thats what you can expect from a winger of that price range, that's why we had to pay up to 130M for Dembele lol

Newcomer

@Jair how good is the guy?

He is very good but mostly on counter attacking side.
He is fast, technical and has a good eye for goal.
Among the rumoured wingers linked with Bayern, i think he is the right choice.

80 M is a bit too much though.

Anyway, this rumour explain all the talk from the coach about seeing him at Bayern. The thing seems pretty much done.

Havesaks

Don't think so. IF this was true (kinda doubt it tbh) it was probably just to get Messi away from Nikes biggest flagship. They have the personal deal with him but their biggest competitor still had his face everywhere because of Barca so would make sense to try to "steal" him. And Chelsea and Bayern were the biggest Adidas clubs at that point afaik, besides Real.

When it comes to Bayern, there aren't any reliable infos of Adidas being involved in deals as far as i'm aware. Like sometimes it's rumored, or players sign new sponsoring deals etc but nothing about Adidas actually paying for transfers or anything like that. Only one i can remember is them paying the signing fee for Claudio Pizarro but that was like 15 years ago :lol:

I personally don't think they really help with transfers, i think it's more about their personal deals with players that may help to attrack players so both sides can profit. But that's something that nike probably also could do or does for us, because at this point they sponsor us for 20 years and we recently got this huge contract until 2026 so that shouldn't be a problem. But just like signing fees, and agent fees etc these are the things we hardly ever hear anyway.

To stay on topic here...i think Pepe could fit them quite well. They need a RW that can score some goals so he should be good for that. There are different numbers reported, i think straight up 80M would be too much but like 50-60 + some boni would be ok in todays market. Don't think he's gonna become like undoubtedly world class, but can turn out quite good. After all thats what you can expect from a winger of that price range, that's why we had to pay up to 130M for Dembele lol

Now, you say it, i think thats what was mentioned back then: adidas player to adidas club. Them paying half because of that.

Now im thinking about it, there was a coutinho-Thing with nike, them announcing it early, him being nike sponsor, barca, brazil Market.
Yes, its only the tip og The iceberg, all The juicy details we dont know :lol:

I thought the Nike deal was longer? You seem to know more about the stuff than most - i read different figures and things about the deal, was in fact the biggest sponsorship in hstory with 105-140m a year?

Anyway, thx for quality post

MTL_Barca

Now, you say it, i think thats what was mentioned back then: adidas player to adidas club. Them paying half because of that.

Now im thinking about it, there was a coutinho-Thing with nike, them announcing it early, him being nike sponsor, barca, brazil Market.
Yes, its only the tip og The iceberg, all The juicy details we dont know :lol:

I thought the Nike deal was longer? You seem to know more about the stuff than most - i read different figures and things about the deal, was in fact the biggest sponsorship in hstory with 105-140m a year?

Anyway, thx for quality post

Think it's 2026, 7 more years from now on is still a long time tho and by the time it runs out 100+ mil might even be normal for the big clubs.

One thing that doesn't get mentioned often is that i think they also changed something regarding the fan shops, so we now have more rights on the products sold. Meaning we should get a higher % of nike stuff sold there. But not quite sure about that, read it a long time ago. That's something that can make a big difference but isn't as easy to compare like one club getting x mil per year more from their sponsor. Would make the deal even better.

raki

Nicolas Pépé with another goal, another penalty won & another assist!

This season:

✅30 games
⚽️18 goals
️9 assists
⛔️6 penalties won

Home of Barca Fans