Pedro Guilherme Abreu Santos

EdmondDantes

Pedro

Full name: Pedro Guilherme Abreu dos Santos

Date of birth: June 20, 1997 (20-06-1997)

Current age: 21

Height: 1, 85 m (6'1)

Place of birth: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Position: Forward / Centre Forward / Striker

Club/Country: Fluminense

pedro_santos_of_fluminense_in_action_during_the_match_between_fl_846460.jpg

Apparently this guy is the next talented forward in South America after Lautaro Martinez, I've never seen him play but it seems he's been scoring non stop.

[youtube]ICuB5BEJGtA[/youtube]
His goal last night. Could he be Firmino 2.0?

Bulgroz

His coach said he knew Pedro was going to leave the team before the end of august. Several teams in Europe are very interested apparently: Séville, Lyon, and... Bordeaux. His agent said several times that Bordeaux could be a good destination for him (he's sure to play a lot, and the fact that we managed to get Malcom to sign for Barca after 2 years and a half here probably helps our case). Problem is: Bordeaux is broke as fuck, even with Malcom's sale. Not sure we'll have enough cash to bring him here, since he's said to be worth around 20 millions already.

Overall, his videos are pretty impressive, but from what I've heard so far, most pundits in Brazil are a bit surprised that he's doing so well. He wasn't expected to shine like that, or at least not so fast. Could be that he's just been in an amazing form for the past 6 month (which is also why most team are still pretty reluctant to pay 20 millions for him).

EdmondDantes

are we linked with him in any way?

Not that I know.

His coach said he knew Pedro was going to leave the team before the end of august. Several teams in Europe are very interested apparently: Séville, Lyon, and... Bordeaux. His agent said several times that Bordeaux could be a good destination for him (he's sure to play a lot, and the fact that we managed to get Malcom to sign for Barca after 2 years and a half here probably helps our case). Problem is: Bordeaux is broke as fuck, even with Malcom's sale. Not sure we'll have enough cash to bring him here, since he's said to be worth around 20 millions already.

Overall, his videos are pretty impressive, but from what I've heard so far, most pundits in Brazil are a bit surprised that he's doing so well. He wasn't expected to shine like that, or at least not so fast. Could be that he's just been in an amazing form for the past 6 month (which is also why most team are still pretty reluctant to pay 20 millions for him).

Are you a Bordeaux fan? Since he's been linked with them (Bordeaux), how long have you been online scouting him? Is he the real deal?

-

Yep. 1.85m. He's as tall as Fernando Torres.

Bulgroz

Not that I know.

Are you a Bordeaux fan? Since he's been linked with them (Bordeaux), how long have you been online scouting him? Is he the real deal?

-

Yep. 1.85m. He's as tall as Fernando Torres.

Yeah, I'm a Bordeaux fan. He's been linked with Bordeaux for over a month now, and from what I read we could have signed him even a bit earlier (in june) but the club is being sold and that basically fucked our transfer window up because everything's a bit complicated.
Honestly it's too hard to figure out if he's gonna be big judging by videos you can find online. As I said, he looks very promising, pretty tall, pretty powerful, quite good with the ball, and mostly a very good finisher. Lots of qualities. BUT several journalists in Brazil said that the 15-20 millions everyone is talking about are way too much for him right now, since his impressive form might not last. They're not saying it won't, they're saying that it's really not guaranteed. That's the problem with those penalty box strikers: if they start scoring less, they don't add much to the team. That being said, it's not like he's Inzaghi or Trezeguet: as I said, he seems to be able to dribble quite well, especially for a pretty big guy. Even if he starts scoring less, he might be interesting. But not worth the money Fluminense is asking for. Especially for a team like Bordeaux. The most money we've spent on a player so far was 15 millions on Gourcuff, after a loan here from Milan during which he was very impressive, and we sold him for 25 millions after that, so buying a 21 year old striker from brazil who never played in europe for a similar price might be too big of a gamble for us.

Joan

Yeah, I'm a Bordeaux fan. He's been linked with Bordeaux for over a month now, and from what I read we could have signed him even a bit earlier (in june) but the club is being sold and that basically fucked our transfer window up because everything's a bit complicated.

Could you educate us on this one? What's the price? Debts?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Could you educate us on this one? What's the price? Debts?

Barca are definitely not going to buy Bordeaux if that's what you're thinking about :pep:

Talking about Bordeaux, Gus Poyet had a crazy press conference last night and now he's apparently sacked. Seems like your club is in a mess right now Bulgroz.

Link to his press conference:

https://streamable.com/y4oss

Bulgroz

Yeah, if you point me to the topic where I should discuss that, and if that might interest a couple people here, I could say a few things about, both about Bordeaux being sold and Poyet going crazy during his press conference. (oh and apparently our new owners want Thierry Henry to replace Poyet)

DonAK

Yeah, if you point me to the topic where I should discuss that, and if that might interest a couple people here, I could say a few things about, both about Bordeaux being sold and Poyet going crazy during his press conference. (oh and apparently our new owners want Thierry Henry to replace Poyet)

If you want you can do it here: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/204-Ligue-1?p=1962908#post1962908

Or open a new thread just about Bordeaux if you want in that sub-forum.

DonAK

Asking for a friend :)bartomeu:)

Seriously Don, Bordeaux and call it a summer.

But honestly though, last post in this thread not to ruin it.

Man City have Girona even though Pep's brother have more control there AFAIK.

Atletico had a stake in Lens which they sold recently, was rather shady, but the point stands. Many Ligue 2 clubs are in trouble financially and won't be too expensive to buy or operate. Could be like La Masia v2 only in France, a country churning out talent one after the other.

People are prob going to call me for a corp scum for even suggesting this or call Barca that if they do it, BUT it's definitely something to think about isn't it?

Bulgroz

Parisian region is filled with incredibly talented young players. Most of our NT players were born in or around Paris, and there are many others who go unnoticed for too long. Several of them are bought pretty young by french teams far from Paris (Pogba started in Le Havre for example, Mbappe in Monaco etc.). There's room for at least one or two other top teams in Paris if a smart manager with very good scouts start buying good prospects around here. So your idea is definitely not a bad one. But since nobody's done it, I tend to think there's something we don't know that prevents an opportunity like that.

Joan

People are prob going to call me for a corp scum for even suggesting this or call Barca that if they do it, BUT it's definitely something to think about isn't it?

As if Barca under Bartomeu and Rosell isn't already called that. :lol: Should be considered, proper academy, good scouting network, Ligue 1 experience for youngsters from La Masia with potential (Alena for instance).

Regarding Atletico, I've read Rayo Majadahonda's gonna use Wanda for the first 3 months since their home stadium's under renovation (in order to stay in Segunda). Now, what's interesting is that they're sharing a stadium with Atleti's reserve team and been loaned quite a few young products. Lucas Hernandez and Rodri in the past to start with... not saying they've got a stake there, but are clearly very friendly.

Home of Barca Fans