Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Álvaro Morata (25 ;)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other - reply with Name

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
IMO there will be no high profile forward bought until both Suarez and Messi grow old and decline. We will either rely on Suarez for another eternity or play Messi as a false 9. Then we will build a new team without them both.

Icardi has been scoring a bucket loads of goals for Inter and with them playing in the CL this season he might solidify himself as a World Class or close to World Class striker, if he does well in that competition.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Icardi has been scoring a bucket loads of goals for Inter and with them playing in the CL this season he might solidify himself as a World Class or close to World Class striker, if he does well in that competition.

Icardi is a great striker but I’ve always wondered if he it would work with him here. Not doubting his poaching ability but can he link up the way we need him to, be able to play incisive passes as well as do the work in terms of making runs in behind and between the channels?

I’m having a hard time seeing a clear Suarez “replacement.” At least looking at the market now, there are certain players who have the traits that we need in a 9 but not the complete set. Tbh of that list, Bobby Firmino is the closest to what we need overall. We need his brain with a player of Martial’s physical qualities. Mbappe doesn’t link like Firmino does so that’s why, at least as a 9, I don’t think it’d work for him here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Icardi is a great striker but I’ve always wondered if he it would work with him here. Not doubting his poaching ability but can he link up the way we need him to, be able to play incisive passes as well as do the work in terms of making runs in behind and between the channels?

I’m having a hard time seeing a clear Suarez “replacement.” At least looking at the market now, there are certain players who have the traits that we need in a 9 but not the complete set. Tbh of that list, Bobby Firmino is the closest to what we need overall. We need his brain with a player of Martial’s physical qualities. Mbappe doesn’t link like Firmino does so that’s why, at least as a 9, I don’t think it’d work for him here.

I like Firmino, but with Messi and how he's going to evolve as a footballer into his 30s I believe we need a pure, big volume goalscorer that's clinical in front of goal, either as a CF or goalscoring winger. Firmino isn't quite that. Although we definitely need a striker that's also at least decent in link-up play.

khaled_a_d

Messi, and we need to look for a scoring winger. someone like Villa and Henry used to play for us, or Salah now.
That if we want to continue for 433, if we want 442 then may be a guy like Kane if we find a way to get him, or watch for next generation of talent and try to get whoever has a breakout season

hulinat

For a Suarez replacement I would look at Angel Correa whose contract expires next summer by the way and or Maxi Gomez who is talented and quite similar to Suarez.

I dont think we need a backup striker. If Suarez gets injured then i'd play Messi, Coutinho, Malcom, Dembele or anyone really as a center forward rather than sign some old washed up guy to warm the bench.

Raketa10

Lautaro Martinez in the second place for replacing Suarez? The kid that didn’t even play ONE single season in Europe. This really says a lot about this forum and the amount of people that have learned about football by playing FIFA. :facepalm:

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

I like Firmino, but with Messi and how he's going to evolve as a footballer into his 30s I believe we need a pure, big volume goalscorer that's clinical in front of goal, either as a CF or goalscoring winger. Firmino isn't quite that. Although we definitely need a striker that's also at least decent in link-up play.

Tots agree we need a big volume, no frills, put the ball in the net striker. That’s why I get frustrated with Luis sometimes; he tries flashy goals instead of just making a simple shot. Against Alvares, it’s attempts like the lobbed shot in the 1st half and the bicycle attempt in the 2nd half. Just take a touch and fire on target, it doesn’t have to be a golazo every time. It seems like he does that bc he feels the need to show that quality to be worthy and that’s backfiring. I’ll take 50 tap-ins and one golazo over 5 golazos and 10 tap-ins while he squanders the rest of his chances. We just need him to put the ball in the net and that takes the pressure off way quicker than scoring some crazy volleyed golazo.

On paper for what you are describing, Abel Ruiz at least on paper and in the lower levels, has demonstrated that. He needs probably another two seasons tho before we could consider him for the first team but he has a lot of upside potential. He plays like Benzema with better link-up. So that’s the problem I see for this position: rely on Suarez for the next two seasons until Abel or another young talent can step up or sign a replacement in the market and virtually guarantee Abel leaves.

So if we are gonna do the latter, it’d better be a very complete option. Firmino, Martial and maybe Lacazette are overall the closest complete strikers who could work. Like I said, Icardi is great but our 9 has to have strong link-up play and movement and from what I’ve seen from Icardi, those aren’t necessarily his strengths.

Zidane82

I still say the best player for us is Firmino.
Surely with our transfer fund and Suarez as a makeweight and/or another player or two we could get him here ?

He'd be the final piece we are missing imho

PS

I watch Harry Kane most weeks and I don't want him anywhere near Barca unless he's on holiday..

Lewandowski is my second option AFTER Firmino

Raketa10

I still say the best player for us is Firmino.
Surely with our transfer fund and Suarez as a makeweight and/or another player or two we could get him here ?

He'd be the final piece we are missing imho

PS

I watch Harry Kane most weeks and I don't want him anywhere near Barca unless he's on holiday..

Lewandowski is my second option AFTER Firmino

Why don’t you want him nowhere near Barca? Kane is a really good player. I am not saying he is a good fit but you seam to be really annoyed by him. :D

Voted other - Sadio Mané. Probaby he is way too old for this poll, turning 27 in April 2019.

Sadio Mane is a winger.

Last edited:

Raketa10

So are others on the poll. Suarez wasn't target man either at Liverpool.

Orhers who? All players mentioned are playing as a CF or a second striker there are no wingers on the poll. Comparing Mane and Suarez (while he was in Lpool) is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Lautaro and Gabriel Jesus, the least I look up the list. And what makes you think Mane was winger at Southampton? The guy is adaptable to any system/formation.

Lautaro and Jesus are both playing as CF. What the hell are you talking about?

Mane is not a CF, within your logic lets buy ourselves 6 wingers and 2 of them could adapt to play as a CF. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans