Maxi Gomez

Cule4life

The Culest
If Celta go down his release clause would drop from 50m to 25m. Could be a backup option if Jovic falls through?

I would prefer to overspend on Jovic though

mia7007

He is a physical striker, not anything more.
We should not consider him as a Suarez backup, we can get him just because of 25m clause is attractive, but this does not mean we need Jovic more

xXKonan

According to Alfredo Martinez, The club has decided to reactivate the idea of signing Maxi Gomez regardless if we get Griezmann or not.

Riordon

In this market where Jovic is valued at 100m, this might be a good option. Could be a nice bench player for us and used in specific situations. Also, we might use this to include some of our dead weight in the deal. Can imagine Celta being very interested in D.Suarez, Rafinha and so on

Sorin

I don't see the point. He's actually worse than Paco and we know how that turned out. Celta was on the brink of being relegated with him leading the way in attack. Only when Aspas returned were they able to score some goals. Waste of money whether he is 40m or 10m. If you want a cheap ish, good, powerful back-up striker that can occasionally start or sub Suarez out you need to get the likes of Giroud or Dzeko, not some mediocre player that couldn't score in a brothel without Aspas.

M

Medz

I don't see the point. He's actually worse than Paco and we know how that turned out. Celta was on the brink of being relegated with him leading the way in attack. Only when Aspas returned were they able to score some goals. Waste of money whether he is 40m or 10m. If you want a cheap ish, good, powerful back-up striker that can occasionally start or sub Suarez out you need to get the likes of Giroud or Dzeko, not some mediocre player that couldn't score in a brothel without Aspas.

Not mediocre players but you named Dzeko and Giroud lmao. Yea lets buy a 33 yo declining striker instead.

Im not a big fan of Maxi but Id easily take him over these two

serghei

No to Maxi. Not what we need and the perspectives of major improvements aren't that great. We need someone more mobile and with better overall technique. Someone who could receive a good pass and have options to both shoot, dribble or continue with a nice pass as well.

Sorin

Not mediocre players but you named Dzeko and Giroud lmao. Yea lets buy a 33 yo declining striker instead.

Im not a big fan of Maxi but Id easily take him over these two

Look at Giroud's record of crucial goals in Europe and EPL as a back up striker and then look at Maxi Gomez' record when Celta needed goals while Aspas' was injured. No fucking contest.

Giroud is twice the player. Dzeko, I admit would be more of a question mark since he seems to have hit the downward slope this year. However, Maxi Gomez should be proud if he matches Dzeko's career achievments. I doubt it, personally.

Maxi Gomez had a clause in his contract that he could be sold for 25m max if Celta would've been relegated. Now I ask you, what do you think Celta would want for him since the clause does not apply anymore? In my opinion he'll cost around 40m which is about twice as much as his real value. Not worth it.

FinBarcelonafan

No to Maxi. Not what we need and the perspectives of major improvements aren't that great. We need someone more mobile and with better overall technique. Someone who could receive a good pass and have options to both shoot, dribble or continue with a nice pass as well.

Tell us better option?

Latschenkiefer

I don't really care if he is good or not. I only hope that he won't be too expensive. Get ready to see him sitting on the bench or on the stands for the whole season. He is the photographer replacement. :prince:

Home of Barca Fans