Messi, Busquets, Piqué & Sergi Roberto will be the 4 captains for the 18/19 season

xXKonan

Should've had Mats in there as a Captain ahead of Pique.

Dude is the real leader of the backline while Pique has done a good job making a fool of himself and the club in the past couple of years.

GroneDanone

With him as a fourth captain , board is sending a signal that he should be a starter and I dearly hope EV doesn't start him at Rb spot

The board isn't sending anything. It's an anonymous team voting that determines who is among the captains.

This is why I don't understand the 'X should have been captain ahead of Y' comments. The team voted its captains and that choice is to be respected. No matter who you think would be the best captains or who doesn't deserve to be one, the teammates chose their captains and therefore all of Messi, Sergio, Piqué and Sergi are deserving. Period.

RMU ReBorn

The board isn't sending anything. It's an anonymous team voting that determines who is among the captains.

This is why I don't understand the 'X should have been captain ahead of Y' comments. The team voted its captains and that choice is to be respected. No matter who you think would be the best captains or who doesn't deserve to be one, the teammates chose their captains and therefore all of Messi, Sergio, Piqué and Sergi are deserving. Period.

He is absolutely deserving . I just don't want him to play ahead of Semedo in that Rb spot . Nothing more nothing else

xXKonan

Don't think being a Captain has anything to do with players starting.

I mean Mascherano was our 4th Captain but he no longer was considered a starter as Umtiti would make the LCB spot his. Even if Roberto is the 4th Captain there's a big chance they he probably won't be a complete starter this season if Semedo keeps up his preseason form and keeps improving.

Garrus

I don't understand how we, The outside spectators, Think that we have a better insight than the real members of the squad, on who should and shouldn't be their captain.

All the squad memebers participate in voting for their captains, And it's a process that is done annonymously, And this democratic and annonymous process lead to this particular selection of players, So I don't understand the ongoing fuss.

Very happy for roberto, What a role model!

Pepe Silvia

I don't understand how we, The outside spectators, Think that we have a better insight than the real members of the squad, on who should and shouldn't be their captain.

All the squad memebers participate in voting for their captains, And it's a process that is done annonymously, And this democratic and annonymous process lead to this particular selection of players, So I don't understand the ongoing fuss.

Very happy for roberto, What a role model!
it's just a forum brother. it's what we do, we shoot the breeze and speculate... discuss things.

Raketa10

I like Roberto but this is pure bullshit. Not a captain material at all!

The truth is non of these guys is a captain material. I can understand Messi, Busi and even Pique but Roberto? Come on! Mats, Rakitic or Suarez would have been 10 times better and more logical solution than Roberto. If anything this showed that nobody except La Masia players was even considered and I don't think that’s fair at all.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Stegen seems like a much better leader and presence on the pitch. He, along with Rakitic, are often the most welcoming to new signings from what I've seen. He also organizes our defense and build up play from the back. Very well known to be one of the most determined and hardest workers in the squad, has trained insanely hard and worked his way up to being a top 3 keeper in football.

He also associates a lot with the fans and hyping up the team on social media, as well as giving many great interviews. IMO he should be one of the key faces in the team, he has experienced all the best and worst there is at Barca since he has arrived.

clemente

I like Roberto but this is pure bullshit. Not a captain material at all!

Ssrsly? Players voted for the captains, they thought Roberto fits to be one, how would you know anything about how Roberto is on the pitch or in the locker room.

Gnidrologist

Saying he's sulking is over-exaggerating. He just expresses his dissatisfaction at the way the team is performing and questions them.

Barcelona lack players who are vocal and demanding on the pitch, we probably only have 4 of them: MAtS, Suarez, Vidal and Messi (at times).

I'd take that over the alternative, which is staying quiet and not being vocal.

Whether people like to admit it or not, Saurez is a leader for Uruguay and he was a leader for Liverpool. That counts for something. He might not have been captain, but you can't question that the players in both those lockerooms look at him to lead their teams.
CR and Neymar are vocal too, so what? Just like them, Suarez is great player, but total ass clown. He is not vocal in inspiring leader like way like Puyol or Masch were. He just loves to complain a lot. Xavi and Iniesta were both very subdued. Didn't deserve the captaincy, i guess.
Roberto is and engine on the pitch whenever he plays. That alone makes him fit for captaincy.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Truth is a team captain is usually a loved and respected player. This is something that players and coach knows better than us fans.
We pretend to know those players characters,but we don't.

Ascom

Happy with these 4 captains, they embody Barça spirit and culture. I don't know if Messi should be the first captain, he is the GOAT, but the best players don't necessarily make the best captains. But still, i accept it.

Don't understand how Umtiti that is in the club only since 2016 or Rakitic/ Suarez that will leave the club in the next 2 years could be captains. Mats will be captain in the future for sure.

SeloBarca

I feel like Busquetes and Pique probably have more leadership skills than Messi, although none are really natural leaders like Xavi or Puyol.
Mats, Arthur and Umtiti has potential, maybe in 4-5 years.

Home of Barca Fans