Messi, Busquets, Piqué & Sergi Roberto will be the 4 captains for the 18/19 season

khaled_a_d

I don't see Pique lasting long either, I've always thought that Busquets will continue for at least another half decade but with new waive of midfielder and him losing a step in defense, negotiation for improved contract etc I think he might want to play somewhere else sooner than I've originally expected.
Regarding MATS, I think there is a clear La Masia bias when it comes to team captain, R10 and Mascherano are the only 2 outside of La Masia who were in the top 4 selection of team captains since Lucho left and both had no chance to supass those ahead of them.
That is why I doubt MATS will ever get in it, beside I am not sure he is a team captain material and never mind that many think that it is better to have outfield player over GK as your captain

Catta

All off our old guard is now in the same age bracket 30-31. Don't think players like Suarez, Raki and Alba will ever get a chance to be one of the captains. Most probably after the 87-88 generation leaves/retires, Roberto will become captain with MATS and Umtiti alongside him if they all stay at the club.

Vilarrubi

Nice to see Leo captain. Hope he’s a bit more vocal this season on the pitch but can’t see it.

Also I hope Roberto being 4th choice captain has no influence on his team selection.. if Semedo is better I want to see him keeping that RB spot and not having to give it up to Roberto.

RMU ReBorn

I am happy for Sergi . Unlike Thiago he fought for his place and didn't went out looking for green pastures . At the same time worried about him taking minutes away from Semedo . He should start in midfield . With him as a fourth captain , board is sending a signal that he should be a starter and I dearly hope EV doesn't start him at Rb spot

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Seniority over his time at Barca, not as a starter in the first team.

That's exactly why he should be get it. You need someone commanding on the pitch and who isn't afraid to call players out.

Never. Suarez sulks and whines after every conceded goal. Not a player to inspire the team.

RMU ReBorn

Nice to see Leo captain. Hope he’s a bit more vocal this season on the pitch but can’t see it.

Also I hope Roberto being 4th choice captain has no influence on his team selection.. if Semedo is better I want to see him keeping that RB spot and not having to give it up to Roberto.
Did you saw what he did to Ramos last season . For the yellow card he was like " Yeah bring it on ,i don't give a fuck " . Over the years he has become more and more vocal . Seen him defending Neymar a lot while he was confronted by thugs.

Devils

Never. Suarez sulks and whines after every conceded goal. Not a player to inspire the team.

Saying he's sulking is over-exaggerating. He just expresses his dissatisfaction at the way the team is performing and questions them.

Barcelona lack players who are vocal and demanding on the pitch, we probably only have 4 of them: MAtS, Suarez, Vidal and Messi (at times).

I'd take that over the alternative, which is staying quiet and not being vocal.

Whether people like to admit it or not, Saurez is a leader for Uruguay and he was a leader for Liverpool. That counts for something. He might not have been captain, but you can't question that the players in both those lockerooms look at him to lead their teams.

Last edited:

PhilS

Unless Roberto is the regular starter at RB again this year, he will be playing in all of the rotation games. He has always been an outstanding pre-season player. So, he is likely to be on the field when the other captains are not playing.

Fine choice to add to the roster of captains, he certainly was acting like the captain on the U.S. tour this summer.

He is a good bet to be on the Barca squad until he retires. He does good things on the field in whatever position he is playing, he exemplifies how to play in the Barca style (except for that stupid red card late last season). He could move into management after retirement.

Home of Barca Fans