User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Messi, Busquets, Piqué & Sergi Roberto will be the 4 captains for the 18/19 season

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Messi, Busquets, Piqué & Sergi Roberto will be the 4 captains for the 18/19 season

Barça 2018/19 will have four captains from the Barça youth system, La Masia. Lionel Messi, Sergio Busquets, Gerard Piqué and Sergi Roberto will be the ones to wear the famous armband whenever the team take the field.

Lionel Messi will be the first captain. The Argentine takes over the role following the departure of Andrés Iniesta to Japanese club Vissel Kobe. The former Barça midfielder had the job from the 2015/16 season when he took over from Xavi, who in turn had inherited the position from the retired Carles Puyol.

The Barça number 10 has had the role of second captain since 2015 and now he will be first captain following in the footsteps of the likes of Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta.

The second captain will be Sergio. For the coming 2018/19 season, the midfielder will be second in line after 10 seasons with the first team. One of the most talented players to come out of La Masia, Sergio has been one of the captains since 2014/15.

Gerard Piqué becomes one of the quartet of captains, third in line, just before the 10th anniversary of his debut for the first team.

Completing the foursome is Sergi Roberto, who takes over the role from the departed Javier Mascherano. The Catalan player, a member of the first team squad since 2013, continues to establish himself as a key part of the current FC Barcelona squad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great choice, MAtS could've been there as well.

SiempreBlaugrana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people expected to see Raki or TS, but Bob has seniority over both, in addition to the homegrown, hard worker traits.

I think he’s been here the fifth longest of all our players now, but Alba isn’t captain material.
    Last edited by KingMessi; 10th August 2018 at 10:59 AM.

QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi new captain. How time flies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi has never lifted a trophy, has he?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMessi View Post
    A lot of people expected to see Raki or TS, but Bob has seniority over both, in addition to the homegrown, hard worker traits.

I think he’s been here the fifth longest of all our players now, but Alba isn’t captain material.
    Roberto debut was on 10 November 2010,Alba joined in 2012. I think Roberto is the 4th in siniority
    The tradition that new team captain is by players votes, that is up to 4th captain and from then it is by siniority
    So Alba will be 5th captain, then I think it will be the 2014 transfers (Suarez/MATS/Raki)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see Leo captain. Hope he’s a bit more vocal this season on the pitch but can’t see it.

Also I hope Roberto being 4th choice captain has no influence on his team selection.. if Semedo is better I want to see him keeping that RB spot and not having to give it up to Roberto.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Messi will act more like a leader this season. We need him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Nice to see Leo captain. Hope he’s a bit more vocal this season on the pitch but can’t see it.

Also I hope Roberto being 4th choice captain has no influence on his team selection.. if Semedo is better I want to see him keeping that RB spot and not having to give it up to Roberto.
    Did you saw what he did to Ramos last season . For the yellow card he was like " Yeah bring it on ,i don't give a fuck " . Over the years he has become more and more vocal . Seen him defending Neymar a lot while he was confronted by thugs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Messi has never lifted a trophy, has he?
    Super cup 2016-17 vs Sevilla

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The truth is non of these guys is a captain material. I can understand Messi, Busi and even Pique but Roberto? Come on! Mats, Rakitic or Suarez would have been 10 times better and more logical solution than Roberto. If anything this showed that nobody except La Masia players was even considered and I don't think that’s fair at all.
    Last edited by Raketa10; 10th August 2018 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My choices would be Messi, MATS, Umtiti and Raki

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth is a team captain is usually a loved and respected player. This is something that players and coach knows better than us fans.
    We pretend to know those players characters,but we don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy with these 4 captains, they embody Barça spirit and culture. I don't know if Messi should be the first captain, he is the GOAT, but the best players don't necessarily make the best captains. But still, i accept it.

Don't understand how Umtiti that is in the club only since 2016 or Rakitic/ Suarez that will leave the club in the next 2 years could be captains. Mats will be captain in the future for sure.

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three Catalan and one with Catalan roots.