Neymar Jr.

Messigician

Of course it is going to impact his chances of signing for Barcelona. The fanbase hated him enough already, now they're going to hate him even more and even the ones who were in favour of signing him will turn their back to that idea now.

Even Messi recognized that it's fair for the fanbase to not want Neymar back due to the way he left.

Fans have short memories. No one wanted Paulinho, no one bought his shirt but he won the hearts of fans and left a hero.

Neymar can do the exact same thing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Fans have short memories. No one wanted Paulinho, no one bought his shirt but he won the hearts of fans and left a hero.

He was a hero and left as a villain.

Besides, it's completely different. With his injury troubles it's not worth paying 180-200m for a guy like that, and then you factor in everything else too.....

Tackle

Anyone still in love with this backstabbing snake needs to become a Madrid fan.

Nobody will remember or care about this if we go crashing out of the CL again like everyone on here predicts and in many cases are hoping for.

Barto will be in the last year of his presidency. Messi will be 33. Fans will grow impatient.

The board, the dressing room and fans will all be desperate.

That means Neymar at any cost.

Jadentheman

Judge will end up throwing it away. It's better for both parties to just end that chapter in their relationship and look towards the future.

KingLeo10

Paulinho left a hero? For what?

Roma? :lol::lol::lol:

Actual Barca heros are far and few between: Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, R10, Alves, Pique, Puyol in the last 15 years.

xXKonan

This chapter should be closed for good.

I get people want him back but I just don't think it will be worth it anymore at this point. Even if guys like Dembele are not the answer, we should just wisely invest in money in other targets instead and see how Fati develops in the next few seasons.

Neymar took a gamble that blew up in his face and he's increasingly suffering more and more injuries as time goes on. I would take the gamble if he was much cheaper in terms of a transfer fee and wages but I can't see PSG willing to let him go for less than 170 Million.

Messigician

Paulinho left a hero? For what?

Roma? :lol::lol::lol:

Actual Barca heros are far and few between: Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, R10, Alves, Pique, Puyol in the last 15 years.

Paulinho didn't play Roma. We never lost a game he started.

I am of the belief had Paulinho played at Roma we would have gone on to win the treble. If he had played in the laliga fame we lost we would have gone undefeated too securing another 2 Ballon Dors for Messi.

Paulinho was a machine.

Last edited:

Donatello

Barça and Neymar failed to reach an agreement over an unpaid €43M renewal bonus. Neymar's demands were considered to be unreasonable. A judge will resolve the case. Regardless of the outcome, it is not expected.to impact the chances of Barca signing Neymar. [ESPN] [Sport]

Imagine this guy taking a paycut to join us, haha.

He knew once he got in, he'll extort even more from us.

Don't get fooled folks, money was his top priority and will be so in the near future. (Its not objectively wrong from personal point of view, but as a club and a fan, I'd rather not want such a player)

FCBfan22

If he really wanted to return, he would withdraw case against us, but he didn't. Enough said.

Also, Paulinho turned out much much better than expected and we lost no money with him, so that makes him a good signing.

Last edited:

Marshall D Teach

Nobody will remember or care about this if we go crashing out of the CL again like everyone on here predicts and in many cases are hoping for.

Barto will be in the last year of his presidency. Messi will be 33. Fans will grow impatient.

The board, the dressing room and fans will all be desperate.

That means Neymar at any cost.

Neymar won't fix anything if Valverde stays.

If the board and dressing room actually cared about the CL, Valverde would be gone.

Last edited:

Havesaks

I’d put Busquets and Suarez up there too.Valdes and Eto’o are debatable,probably not.Still Barca legends though.

Eto'o was mostly before my time as fan, so I can't advocate too much in his favor. But he is still 8th highest goalscorer in our 120 year history and Valdes is our seventh most capped in history. While Etoo was pure class, Valdes was spanish, La Masia product, one of 4 captains, capped over 500times and at least in his later years was a great player for us and no GK would have been better because he suitrd us well, hus quality improved and his status and leadership. A shame that he left "early", in Barca he could have stayed for at least 5 years more.
Anyway, it depends on a lot of factors, but those also deserve to be put a speciale label on.

Heroes I don't count them as, a hero would be a player who is truly speciale and those players in the last 15 years are only: Ronaldinho, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. Those 5 players are first tier, and Pique, Etoo, Sergio, Valdes, Alves and Suarez are just below. While Alves in quality was on pair with Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol, he just wasnt a leader or was here long enough or had the identity or integrity of the club to be a hero for me

Always love to make those kinda list. SINCE 2004:
1. MESSI
2. R10
3. Xavi
4. Iniesta
5. Puyol
6. Alves
7. Suarez
8. Pique
9. Sergio
10. Valdes
11. Etoo

In terms of impact but also a consideration to if he the players could have been exchanged with Someone else.

Last edited:

fergus90

Eto’o was an absolute goal scoring machine and on some occasions was more crucial than Ronaldinho for Barca during the Rijkaard era. 2004-6 he was ruthless in front of goal.

Of course years later Messi and Cristiano transformed goal scoring figures per season but prior to that Eto’o was tier 1.

KingLeo10

I'll admit i made a mistake leaving Eto'o out. Shorter tenure (because of Pep) but great heights.

Can't include Suarez because he's literally regressed to a shell of himself while playing in a Barca shirt. Before anyone says R10 regressed like this too in a Barca shirt, one has to remember his first 3 years were just about Messi level.

Home of Barca Fans