Neymar Jr.

Batistuta9

Today after Marseille win in the league, your respected ex-players turned pundits for RMC Sport Dugarry and Leboeuf, both World Champions, said they prefer having Benedetto than having Icardi.

This is the level of mediocrity french sport media are in.

Icardi's career has taken a hit because of the whole maxi Lopez affair. No one can deny that he is a good striker, but ex players and a lot of current players are sickened by what he did. One of the reasons nobody likes him and he gets overlooked for Argentina

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
The football world is aware of his ability. Otherwise, Barça wouldn't want a guy they have a legal dispute with to come back.

Mbappé is at PSG and is 6th. Nobody can rank high when they are out for injuries during half a season. Neymar, being the better player compared to Mbappé, would naturally be top 5/6 if he would have a full season.

Where is Dembélé in Ballon d'Or award ? Same problem (with less ability than Neymar).

You're totally missing my point man.

Newcomer

Icardi's career has taken a hit because of the whole maxi Lopez affair. No one can deny that he is a good striker, but ex players and a lot of current players are sickened by what he did. One of the reasons nobody likes him and he gets overlooked for Argentina

The problem here is those respected ex-players turned pundits like Dugarry, Sagnol, Petit and co. are saying Benedetto is the better player. I mean who the fuck is Benedetto ? The guy is already 29 and has done nothing of value in his career. They aren't talking about Icardi love life here, they are just putting out their shitty opinions as usual. It was a comment directed to Copperpot who thought quoting those guys was relevant.

Newcomer

You're totally missing my point man.

I don't think i missed your point. Mahrez or Lloris are candidates and he is not because he was injured most of the season.

You said "it says a lot about how the football world rates him at the moment". Yeah, the football world rates him as a guy who hasn't played enough games to be placed among those having a great season.

Newcomer

At Half-time, PSG being bad as usual. Almost no clear chances created. Neymar is trying but is bad. Mbappé isn't even trying. Didn't see Di Maria at all. The whole team is bad. Nothing to see at all.

Only Thiago Silva and Navas are having a good game.

KingLeo10

At Half-time, PSG being bad as usual. Almost no clear chances created. Neymar is trying but is bad. Mbappé isn't even trying. Didn't see Di Maria at all. The whole team is bad. Nothing to see at all.

Only Thiago Silva and Navas are having a good game.

It's CL or bust for you guys, even more so than the usual. These players look like they're mentally checked out of Ligue 1 competition.

Newcomer

It's CL or bust for you guys, even more so than the usual. These players look like they're mentally checked out of Ligue 1 competition.

The problem is they aren't doing more in CL. Bruges dominated us 3 halves out of the 4. We are just lucky to have great offensive individual talents. It was the same against Real Madrid recently : we should have lost with a 3 goal margin at least but the result doesn't show the whole story.

I have 0 expectation for this team anymore this year. They can't play football. They can't do anything. The coach has no impact on the players.

Today again, despite the win, Navas was our best player. Shameful perfomance and even more shameful behaviour by the ultras. The dumbest fans ever. One of the worst seasons of PSG under QSI. There is really nothing to be happy/pleased about.

I didn't like Blanc but i have to admit it was the last time i have seen PSG with a clear playstyle. So far, Tuchel has done nothing better than Emery who wasn't even good enough for Arsenal, a club with no big ambition.

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

The talent gap between PSG and the other teams is just too much. The team faces very little competition and pressure because they can win domestically even with subpar performances.

La Liga got criticized for being a 2-team league, but even then Madrid and Barca had to compete against each other to make sure they don't stumble and drop points against the weaker teams. Even in Bundesliga, Bayern Munich had their peak when Klopp's Dortmund was 2-time defending champions.

vegitot

The talent gap between PSG and the other teams is just too much. The team faces very little competition and pressure because they can win domestically even with subpar performances.

La Liga got criticized for being a 2-team league, but even then Madrid and Barca had to compete against each other to make sure they don't stumble and drop points against the weaker teams. Even in Bundesliga, Bayern Munich had their peak when Klopp's Dortmund was 2-time defending champions.
liga teams used to wipe out europe so i dont think barca-real madrid have easy league

Newcomer

The problem is when the talent gap isn't showing at all.

Example : People will look the highlights and see Mbappé beautiful goal without seeing he was dogshit the whole game and think it is too easy for him. But PSG doesn't seem much more talented, stronger than the opponents for like 80 minutes of the game.

The best game of PSG was maybe against the bad Real Madrid at the start of the season. This is why PSG has already lost 3 times in the league and has been saved by late minute winners by Neymar at the start of the season. PSG isn't dominant even against the worst of the worst in France. Worrying.

Sailor Mars

liga teams used to wipe out europe so i dont think barca-real madrid have easy league

True 2009-2018 was just dominance by La Liga.

I was trying to say that even if fanboys of other leagues criticize the league for mostly being a 2 team race, you can't deny that it has been a competitive between the 2, and the competitiveness pushed each other to great heights.

Sailor Mars

The problem is when the talent gap isn't showing at all.

Example : People will look the highlights and see Mbappé beautiful goal without seeing he was dogshit the whole game and think it is too easy for him. But PSG doesn't seem much more talented, stronger than the opponents for like 80 minutes of the game.

The best game of PSG was maybe against the bad Real Madrid at the start of the season. This is why PSG has already lost 3 times in the league and has been saved by late minute winners by Neymar at the start of the season. PSG isn't dominant even against the worst of the worst in France. Worrying.

The talent gap is showing in terms of results and the league table. Despite playing terribly, PSG can still win the league by a big margin(that 2017 Monaco team being the exception). That's the talent gap.

Their players don't feel the pressure week to week that other teams in competitive races feel. Players are complacent knowing that they get great wages in a great city where they will only face mainstream criticism once a year when they get knocked out of the CL.

Newcomer

The talent gap is showing in terms of results and the league table. Despite playing terribly, PSG can still win the league by a big margin(that 2017 Monaco team being the exception). That's the talent gap.

Their players don't feel the pressure week to week that other teams in competitive races feel. Players are complacent knowing that they get great wages in a great city where they will only face mainstream criticism once a year when they get knocked out of the CL.

Definitely not true. They are criticized even when they win if the content is not good enough.

I think it is a cheap and poor excuse to say they are bad because of the league. Bayern was used to be champion before any other team in the continent and be in semi finals of CL. Ajax is feasting on Dutch teams and can put in great performances in CL. Tuchel and the players are just doing things wrong.

And you are right to talk about Monaco season: PSG didn't raise its level and lost the league. Seems like PSG is unable to become better regardless of the opposition.

Vilarrubi

[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] :lol:

Seems you were right about Petit, sounds like he says anything to stay relevant.

[tw]1202367250604281857[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans