Neymar Jr.

jairzinho

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The agent and father of Barça target, Neymar has already held a meeting with Juventus’ sporting director over a possible transfer. [rai sports via md] <a href="https://t.co/K9MYHGcIX8">pic.twitter.com/K9MYHGcIX8</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1151619817914245120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">17. Juli 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Him and ronaldo in one team:lol: that would be a disaster. We Cant afford this guy and they are searching for more options to leave. I guess psg would like someone else anyway.

If he can’t handle being targeted by defenders in Ligue 1, then he certainly won’t survive in Serie A.

Sorin

Don't believe in those trash news.

As if Juventus could pay PSG the asking price and Neymar his wage...

The clubs that can afford Neymar are Real Madrid, both Manchester clubs, Bayern, Chelsea, Barça. Among those City is eliminated because of UAE versus Qatar, MU would be the most credible but no CL, Chelsea has a ban, Munich doesn't pay those fee and Real is waiting for Mbappé. Only Barça remaining and why it is dragging so much. Barça is trying to do cheap offers like when they wanted Griezmann or Coutinho or Dembélé. Then they'll get serious and will find an agreement with PSG.

Let's hope not. You guys(PSG fans) should tell Nassy to ask for money and money only. 300m or nothing. Please! :)

LABarcaFan

Neymar was a far better prospect than Mbappe will ever be.

Mbappe's talent doesn't come anywhere near close to Neymar. Neymar came straight from Brazil and had to spend a season adapting and also suffered a couple of untimely injuries. He exploded in the 2014/15 season playing more like a Forward than as a playmaking winger and scored some crucial goals which helped get us the treble.

I give Neymar shit these days due to what happened in 2017, but there's no contest. These new aged wingers like Mbappe, Sane, Dembele, Sancho were nowhere near the talent a young Neymar was.

You are absolutely right about the talent level of Neymar, compared to above mentioned names. But Neymar is Brazilian. He likes to show his technical skills in a small area of the field. Messi, may not be that much skilled as him, but he uses his technical level in a very high speed and drills into the opponents defense and creates situations for goal. As you can see, I am not even mentioning the injury problem Neymar has. And it looks like is chronic. So, lets forget about him and move forward. Barca is not going to pay 220 mil euro for him. PSG is not going to make a deal with us, if we don't pay that amount in full. No players included. I feel SORRY for all Neymar fans, but that is the reality.

Andrew M

He had much better technique on the ball and overall appeared to have a bit more to him than Mbappe did even at that age.

Sure Brazil didn't have the greatest competition but at that time you could tell Neymar was going to something special. With Mbappe, he's a special one and accomplished quite a bit by 20, but when I see him I just don't get that same feeling I did with Neymar at the same age.

But Neymar eventually flushed it down the toilet as we have seen in the past couple of years so at this point Mbappe could easily have a better career.

What you've said here doesn't really justify your original claim. It's quite clear that Mbappe at 20 has more status and achievements within the game than Neymar had at 20. Isolating his technique and skill from demonstrable on-pitch efficacy is a pretty meaningless metric to compare their respective statuses at 20 years

Last edited:

xXKonan

You are absolutely right about the talent level of Neymar, compared to above mentioned names. But Neymar is Brazilian. He likes to show his technical skills in a small area of the field. Messi, may not be that much skilled as him, but he uses his technical level in a very high speed and drills into the opponents defense and creates situations for goal. As you can see, I am not even mentioning the injury problem Neymar has. And it looks like is chronic. So, lets forget about him and move forward. Barca is not going to pay 220 mil euro for him. PSG is not going to make a deal with us, if we don't pay that amount in full. No players included. I feel SORRY for all Neymar fans, but that is the reality.
Nah Messi not only had the longevity but his accomplishments and talent were far superior to the likes of Neymar, but if Neymar didn't fall off a cliff he could have been a pretty good successor to someone like Messi once he hung up his boots.

Acnologia

Nah Messi not only had the longevity but his accomplishments and talent were far superior to the likes of Neymar, but if Neymar didn't fall off a cliff he could have been a pretty good successor to someone like Messi once he hung up his boots.

You must feel sad that Dumbele will never be as good as Neymar

xXKonan

You must feel sad that Dumbele will never be as good as Neymar
My man I already know it won't happen but it doesn't mean Dembele can't become his own good player in his own way whether it is here or somewhere else.

Also not like Neymar is worth aspiring to be anyway. Guy basically launched his own tactical nuke onto his own career. All by the age of 27 years old.

Acnologia

My man I already know it won't happen but it doesn't mean Dembele can't become his own good player in his own way whether it is here or somewhere else.

Also not like Neymar is worth aspiring to be anyway. Guy basically launched his own tactical nuke onto his own career. All by the age of 27 years old.

I am gonna be real with you the only way dembele can reach neymar's levele is if he leaves Barca this summer. When I look at Mbappe, Sancho or even sane, they are playing in an environment that is fantastic for them to develop in. Dembele has been here for two season and he has regressed because he is simply not developing right A young player like himself shouldn't be developing under a coach like Valverde who doesnt focus on young players and have to fight for his spot against coutinho and griezmann. If he goes to PSG, he will be playing under Tuchel who loves, be playing a bigger role in much more attacking system, be playing in his right position which is right wing and be playing with his French teammates. I just dont ser why Barca fans think like you think it is right for dembele to stay at Barca than leaving

YodaMaster

If we're talkin from a pure technical perspective then yes u right Neymar is streets ahead but he's also more technical than Messi aswell but does that make him better? If that was all it took in football Messi would never be the GOAT.

Neymar at 20 was fantastic but he also came up during a time were Brazil was struggling and not producing these unbelievable talents like they used to so the hype was abit exaggerated imo

Right now Neymar is the more complete player but I would take Mbappe over him any day of the week and twice on Sundays

What the hell is that ?!

Earth never witnessed a player who's better technically than Messi. And I'm almost certain that it won't happen in the future. If one day we see a player as good technically as Messi, it will be a semi miracle. There has been plenty players with amazing and nearly perfect technique, such as Maradona, Laudrup, Cruyff, Ronaldinho,... Neymar might even be one of them. But what separates Messi from the rest is the speed in his technically-perfect feats. And in this area, only R9 came close to Messi imo.

Maybe you're one of those guys who think that technique = flashy moves. Those flashy moves don't mean shit, CR7 used to be king of flashy moves, but global football technique wise, guys like Iniesta, Xavi and Alves are better than him.

Mbappe isn't even CR7 level technically that's why you should never compare him to a magician like Neymar. As Konan said, Mbappe can have a better career than Neymar thanks to a better discipline, determination and hardwork mentality. But Mbappe will never be able to do what Neymar is able to do with his feet. And Mbappe could fuse with Neymar + CR7, those 3 together still won't give a better player technically than Messi, cause Messi's technique is out of this world.

Some people should get a football education ffs.

xXKonan

I am gonna be real with you the only way dembele can reach neymar's levele is if he leaves Barca this summer. When I look at Mbappe, Sancho or even sane, they are playing in an environment that is fantastic for them to develop in. Dembele has been here for two season and he has regressed because he is simply not developing right A young player like himself shouldn't be developing under a coach like Valverde who doesnt focus on young players and have to fight for his spot against coutinho and griezmann. If he goes to PSG, he will be playing under Tuchel who loves, be playing a bigger role in much more attacking system, be playing in his right position which is right wing and be playing with his French teammates. I just dont ser why Barca fans think like you think it is right for dembele to stay at Barca than leaving
Because I want him to succeed here is that really that big of an issue?

I agree Valverde isn't a good enough coach to develop players, but he appears not to be a good enough coach to get the most of the team in general regardless if they are young or not. that's why even if we got Neymar back this team will still struggle as Valverde still has no idea how to put a good functioning team together.

We would be relying on Neymar/Messi to bail us out, even worse than what we experienced under the Lucho era as some key players we have are on the wrong side of 30 years old.

YodaMaster

Also, some people need to put aside their Neymar hate when they write on this topic. I don't really want this dude to come back, because imo we already have great offensive players for the present (Messi & Griezmann), the club should now work on developing the future of our front line.

But you need to understand that Neymar is a special talent and a special player. If Messi is the kind of player that you see once in a lifetime, Neymar is the kind of player that you see every 10-15 years. Dembele, Mbappe, Sancho,... all those guys are not in that category. There's levels in football. Neymar is probably a Ronaldinho level talent, or not too far from that.

The guy's lack of humility fucked up his career big time, but that won't withdraw the level he reached at some point. If the anomaly Messi didn't exist, the 2014-2016 Neymar would have been the undisputed best player in the world during that period.

Andrew M

Also, some people need to put aside their Neymar hate when they write on this topic. I don't really want this dude to come back, because imo we already have great offensive players for the present (Messi & Griezmann), the club should now work on developing the future of our front line.

But you need to understand that Neymar is a special talent and a special player. If Messi is the kind of player that you see once in a lifetime, Neymar is the kind of player that you see every 10-15 years. Dembele, Mbappe, Sancho,... all those guys are not in that category. There's levels in football. Neymar is probably a Ronaldinho level talent, or not too far from that.

The guy's lack of humility fucked up his career big time, but that won't withdraw the level he reached at some point. If the anomaly Messi didn't exist, the 2014-2016 Neymar would have been the undisputed best player in the world during that period.

No, that would be Ronaldo in Messi's absence ;)

Home of Barca Fans