Neymar Jr.

M

Medz

Lets spend 300M on a injury prone 28 year old who missed almost every big/important game the last two years

FCBfan22

Lets spend 300M on a injury prone 28 year old who missed almost every big/important game the last two years

Also, let's spend our whole summer trying to do it while ignoring our real problems in the squad (LB, for instance. Or a striker.).

FCBfan22

Finding more goals up front is a far bigger issue than a backup left back

It depends. With our current squad, if Alba gets injured, we are pretty fucked. Also getting NeyNey won't solve the Suarez problem, which will only get bigger in the next few years. Heck, I even think it would amplify it, since Suarez scoring loads was the most important reason behind MSN success.

We need a striker. Not a winger.

Andrew M

It depends. With our current squad, if Alba gets injured, we are pretty fucked. Also getting NeyNey won't solve the Suarez problem, which will only get bigger in the next few years. Heck, I even think it would amplify it, since Suarez scoring loads was the most important reason behind MSN success.

If that winger can score 30 goals a season, that's ok. I'm not advocating Neymar necessarily, but imo our priority should be in the attacking line this summer.

FCBfan22

If that winger can score 30 goals a season, that's ok. I'm not advocating Neymar necessarily, but imo our priority should be in the attacking line this summer.

Ok, if you think only on the scoring front. But the Suarez problem goes both ways. We simply can't win high intensity CL with both Messi and Suarez on the pitch since none of them works defensively. We have been defending with 8 outfield players the whole season. We need someone with higher workrate up there to compensate for Messi (who, IMO, should the only player in our team allowed not to defend).

Andrew M

Ok, if you think only on the scoring front. But the Suarez problem goes both ways. We simply can't win high intensity CL with both Messi and Suarez on the pitch since none of them works defensively. We have been defending with 8 outfield players the whole season. We need someone with higher workrate up there to compensate for Messi (who, IMO, should the only player in our team allowed not to defend).

We used to defend with the ball. I agree that Suarez need a replacement but I'm not sure who we turn to. But we can't keep using Coutinho at LW

hulinat

Neymar would never come if Coutinho was getting traded. He wants to return to Barca partially because of his Brasilian buddies Coutinho and Arthur, plus Suarez and Messi. Coutinho and Suarez would be safe in the case of a Neymar transfer. Dembele however would be exiting to PSG to join his buddy M'bappe. Only way I see it happening

lol that's a load of shit. Neymar wants to come here because of Messi and Suarez. Coutinho has already said he doesn't know where he will play next season and his future isn't going to affect Neymar's decision one bit.

Richard.H

I completely agree. Football has become about workrate/stamina/closing down on space nowadays. Look at Liverpool, they ran their butts off and closed down every gap in that 2nd leg and you can argue 1st leg too. It seems like the board and the coaching staff have not adapted to modern european football. this sport changes so fast that you have to adapt or you will be left behind.

BarçaBarça

I still don't see it happen, but again, I really didn't think Neymar would go to PSG in the first place.

If Neymars arrival means that Suarez will be a certain starter to keep Neymar+Messi happy, then this transfer really is the worst on all possible fronts: financially (disaster, unless he is free), sporting-wise (worse than Mbappe, which is why he leaves, overhyped, injuries), stability-wise (dramaqueen, mental dad) and for the future (starting Dembele less, hierarchy = oldies, youth gets non-prioritized).

All in all he would be a waaay worse transfer than Coutinho, imo. Coutinho didn't hinder Dembeles development, as he was injured a lot, but Neymar would. Ironic thing is that Dembele can reach Neymar level within years, and he is already in the squad, cheaper and younger.

Also the media coverage of his alleged wage-cut is infuriating. He would go from 37M to 24M, he is a hero, reports go. How the f*** are not a single reporter saying that it is completely ridiculous to invite him back to the exact same fucking wages he got before he stabbed us in the back 37 times?? Sport+Mundo are such pussies when it comes to criticizing players/club/board. He should earn something like 10M€ to take a true cut, 24M is in fact no cut at all, because PSG pays their players much more than they are actually worth. Fuck the spanish media, I'm getting real tired of all these rumours and sagas, I think I'm cutting the news until something is official about players in/out from now on.

Last edited:

clemente

Have we ever bought anyone from PSG? We couldn't even land Marquinos, they made us look stupid with desperate Verratti rumours, but we will get Neymar? stop

El Gato

Villarato!

Does it though? LB isn’t a pressing matter and many average backups are available, which can be pursued late in the window. Scorers on the other hand? Be it from #9 or the wing, are difficult to negotiate, particularly in recent years since clubs have learned they can milk as much as they want out of Barcelona with such poor negotiations and management since 2015. Your 2nd scorer doesn’t need to be a Suárez replacement or competition. Just needs to add variety to Leo running the show.

Zidane82

It would be interesting to see if the THREE could be as effective as they were ... they’re all kinda different players now .. could be disappointing in comparison or they could be simply sublime ( if Neymar and Messi could revive Suarez somewhat) .

Home of Barca Fans