Income = €188M

Total spending = €47M

Could be sold or exchanged:

Rafinha = €15M
Rakitic = €40M
Coutinho = €80M

Total= € 135

The Observer

The question is, who needs this to happen more? Barca doesn t.
If we are left without Neyboy there are 0 negative consequences, but there are some positive, like financial stability and a team without king of drama queens.

PSG can just keep him, but it will influence the perception of wanted top players in the future. The smart thing is to sell him, but there are 2 clubs that can afford him and where he would be willing to go.

So the position of strength is not on their side, low balling them is the right thing to do. I don t thing that Coutinho+Rakitic+40 mil is low balling, i think it s more than a fair offer considering all the circumstances.

Anything more would be an insane move.

For me he is the second best player in the world and possibly more clutch than Messi in difficult situations as he has shown against PSG 2 years ago. Doesn't let his head drop like a school boy.

He had some injuries in recent times but none of them were muscular. Whenever he played he was always the highest rated player on the pitch, far ahead of Mbappe. Never shown a drop of form like Bale. 2 games in a row is the max he went without scoring in 2 years at PSG despite all his injuries.

Because he left us and was unlucky with injuries people have now created this crazy narrative that him going to Madrid would be no big deal and he is 30 year old Ronaldinho anyway who only goes partying every afternoon.

In 2 years Suarez and Messi are 34 while Madrid would have Neymar and Hazard at 29 in their primes. If Dembélé doesn't turn out great which is still no guarantee our star attacker would be 30 year old Griezmann and that's it.

It's a big deal actually but whatever, people can drink the kool aid all they want.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Yeah, what's funny to me is that people here keep shitting on Coutinho and Rakitic, but for some reason they still think they're worth 150 millions together. Right... If they were both playing for another team and Barca was trying to buy them, everyone here would be posting "Rakitic is only worth 15 millions, he's old and painfully slow. And Coutinho has never been word class, and he's been a more expensive version of Rafinha for a while now, I wouldn't pay more than 50 millions to get him".

But yeah, keep believing that Neymar is worth hardly more than Coutinho if you want, based on the fact that "he's not even in the top 10 list this year !!!". Did Coutinho ever make that list ?

You saved me having to write the same post, thanks. Countinho is not worth anything to us so yes, I would be happy to pay 100m and let them have Coutinho and Rakitic.

Judoman

For me he is the second best player in the world and possibly more clutch than Messi in difficult situations as he has shown against PSG 2 years ago. Doesn't let his head drop like a school boy.

He had some injuries in recent times but none of them were muscular. Whenever he played he was always the highest rated player on the pitch, far ahead of Mbappe. Never shown a drop of form like Bale. 2 games in a row is the max he went without scoring in 2 years at PSG despite all his injuries.

Because he left us and was unlucky with injuries people have now created this crazy narrative that him going to Madrid would be no big deal and he is 30 year old Ronaldinho anyway who only goes partying every afternoon.

In 2 years Suarez and Messi are 34 while Madrid would have Neymar and Hazard at 29 in their primes. If Dembélé doesn't turn out great which is still no guarantee our star attacker would be 30 year old Griezmann and that's it.

It's a big deal actually but whatever, people can drink the kool aid all they want.

It s about probabilities..

Yes, the guy is no. 2 on the planet when in form. No question (for me).

But,

- Injuries. It s a big question if those repetitive injuries are only a "bad luck" or is it more like a chronic issue. The guy got injured in the last third of the season since he left Barca. Will that change? Maybe, maybe not. The trend doesn t look good.
- Is he really a gamechanger? You compare him to "anti-clutch Messi", but he is a pro winner compared to Neyboy. What has Neymar won until now without Messi? He had awesome team in Paris and in Brazil. He was the main guy there, so....? What happened? Check the first point. We don t need the 200 mil+ player for the La liga.
- Madrid. Personally i d love to see how any coach incorporates Neymar and Hazard. They play the same position, same role. Both are used to having a ball in their feet. I don t see how that could work and if we learned anything from the past 5 years it s that midfield is the key to success. I think Barca finally has that key back, we are only missing a good coach.
- Personality, life stile, history. You can choose to ignore all these, but i don t. Did he actually apologized for the way he treated his beloved Barca and sued us for that LOYALTY bonus?

Based on all these points you can extrapolate the probabilities of him being a successful winner and bringing us few CL vs. him being what he is and was until now. He has 1 CL.

If anything, bringing him at all cost is stupid. If we get him by offloading 2 players we don t need, excellent. Anything else....no thanks.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

IN:

Griezmann= €120M
FDJ= €75M
Neto= €26M
J.Fripo = €18M

Spending = €235M

OUT:

Paulinho = €42M
Malcom = €40M
Cillessen= €35M
Andre Gomes= €25M
Paco Alcacer = €21M
Denis Suarez = €13M
Barca B total departure = €12M

Income = €188M

Total spending = €47M

Rafinha = €15M
Rakitic = €40M
Coutinho = €80M

Total= € 135

Unreal tbh. Barto got this under control.

Mitchell1978

The good folks just worry too much about Barca's money here.
Does 100 or 220 mill make such a difference for you guys, who hardly ever seen the half of a million in their lives?

During the last two years, the attendance figures were the lowest in the Camp Nou in ten years.

that last part isn't true, attendance last season was in line with most seasons of the last decade, 17-18 was lower

Mitchell1978

Neymar stepped up exactly once when Messi didn't in 4 years with barça, so no he ain't more clutch

FinBarcelonafan

IN:

Griezmann= €120M
FDJ= €75M
Neto= €26M
J.Fripo = €18M

Spending = €235M

OUT:

Paulinho = €42M
Malcom = €40M
Cillessen= €35M
Andre Gomes= €25M
Paco Alcacer = €21M
Denis Suarez = €13M
Barca B total departure = €12M

Income = €188M

Total spending = €47M

Rafinha = €15M
Rakitic = €40M
Coutinho = €80M

Total= € 135

We have done excellent business this off-season. Perfect off-season in my eyes.

JohnN

Even without Neymar coming, we still need offload some players:

Coutinho and Rafinha should 100% be sold.
Also, it would be nice if one of Rakitic,Vidal or Busquets was sold.
Puig should 100% be loaned out.

serghei

You saved me having to write the same post, thanks. Countinho is not worth anything to us so yes, I would be happy to pay 100m and let them have Coutinho and Rakitic.

But the art of selling well is to get rid of the players you don't want at fair prices. Coutinho is worth at least 80 milion. He is a starter in the national team of Brazil. Coutinho + Rakitic minimum fair price is 120m combined. Again, minimum.

120m for Coutinho + Rakitic + 50m. max would be 170m for Neymar. It's more than fair. His value declined compared to the period when he was younger, injury free, and a front runner in the Ballon d'Or. Now he's older, with injury problems and even more questionable character.

Don't have to remind you that Neymar is very fast approaching the age where Ronaldinho decided it's time to party more than focus on football. 27-28 years old. He seems to share Ronnie's love for partying and fooling around.

Last edited:

Andrew M

The good folks just worry too much about Barca's money here.
Does 100 or 220 mill make such a difference for you guys, who hardly ever seen the half of a million in their lives?

During the last two years, the attendance figures were the lowest in the Camp Nou in ten years.
People don't necessarily like to watch those games live anymore, because they are not interested in Valverde's 2:1 wins at home, against weak opponents.
They want spectacular attacking games with a lot of goals being scored.

Messi and Neymar together, once again, could bring back the missing spectators and that could easily cover for whatever money we have been talking about.

Attendances were great last season

FinBarcelonafan

Attendances dropped a lot because the politic situation and terrorist attack. Any teams would in same situation.

Now Barcelona seems safe option again. (other than pickpockets)

Home of Barca Fans