Neymar Jr.

Tackle

If the anomaly Messi didn't exist, the 2014-2016 Neymar would have been the undisputed best player in the world during that period.

I'm a bigger fan of Ney than most, but that last sentence is utter rubbish.

From 2014-2016 Ronaldo scored 173 goals and had 54 assists. Even if you ignore the second half of Neymar's 13/14 season and look at his stats from the 14/15 to 16/17 season instead he finishes with 90 goals scored and 61 assists.

CR7 finished this period with 227 goal contributions, whereas Neymar only had 151. If I was stricter and decided to use Neymar's calendar year stats from 2014-2016 this result is even more lopsided.

Neymar was also never the opposition's first attacking concern due to Messi, whereas Ronaldo was always undoubtedly the leading man in attack for Madrid. CR7 also won 4 of the 5 Ballon D'or awards from 2013-2017, 3 CLs and one Liga. In the same period Neymar only won 1 CL, 2 Ligas and his highest finish in the Ballon D'or race was third.

I would love for nothing more than Neymar to return, but the amount of disrespect Ronaldo gets on here is ridiculous. Cristiano is unarguably a top 5 player of all time, comparing Neymar to him is insulting.

Last edited:

Acnologia

Because I want him to succeed here is that really that big of an issue?

I agree Valverde isn't a good enough coach to develop players, but he appears not to be a good enough coach to get the most of the team in general regardless if they are young or not. that's why even if we got Neymar back this team will still struggle as Valverde still has no idea how to put a good functioning team together.

We would be relying on Neymar/Messi to bail us out, even worse than what we experienced under the Lucho era as some key players we have are on the wrong side of 30 years old.

If we had neymar instead of dembele we would have won the champions league.Dembele has been here for two seasons and he has been underwhelming. If you honestly that he will be great next season especially when he now have to compete with Griezmann and Coutinho/Neymar, you are in for a big disappointment

xXKonan

If we had neymar instead of dembele we would have won the champions league.Dembele has been here for two seasons and he has been underwhelming. If you honestly that he will be great next season especially when he now have to compete with Griezmann and Coutinho/Neymar, you are in for a big disappointment
I'm not so sure.

He would help but our Midfield was getting pounded which left our Defense-wide open in the second leg. The team looked like it gave up after we conceded the first goal at Anfield.

Acnologia

I'm not so sure.

He would help but our Midfield was getting pounded which left our Defense-wide open in the second leg. The team looked like it gave up after we conceded the first goal at Anfield.

If Neymar eas playing the first leg, the scoreline would have been at least 5-0 and I the cend line he would have at least 1 goal or assist

Judoman

So this is how this forum is huh? Someone is allowed to disrespect me without getting any form of punishment. Damn this is one of the worst communities I have ever been in:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::

Well, you are annoying as hell with your Dembele obsession. I bet you mention him 90+% of your posts.

It s ironic that you are whining about disrespect.

Acnologia

Well, you are annoying as hell with your Dembele obsession. I bet you mention him 90+% of your posts.

It s ironic that you are whining about disrespect.

I literally replied to someone saying dembele can reach neymar's level if he develop in a better environment than at Barca. Even if it's about dembele, it's not like a disrespected anyone by calling them a cunt

DAMNit

If Neymar eas playing the first leg, the scoreline would have been at least 5-0 and I the cend line he would have at least 1 goal or assist

To be honest, I agree with you if Neymar played it could have been 5 or more goals, with him having at least 1. But then again I really do like Dembele, he is a great player an I hope Barca keeps him.

Horatio

You're welcome
Its always been this way.... Bojan's era was worse.
I once got perm banned for calling out a racist.... I can't remember his name though.
Its been ages ago.
Just saying its a lot better now.

Bojan is still here...Watch your back...

CatalinR10

fuck you are an annoying cunt. fucking broken record.

So this is how this forum is huh? Someone is allowed to disrespect me without getting any form of punishment.

Go fuck yourself

giphy.gif

Maxim4

So this is how this forum is huh? Someone is allowed to disrespect me without getting any form of punishment. Damn this is one of the worst communities I have ever been in:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::

It's a family forum here.
You must respect other users, do not repeat the name of Dembélé several times a day. It is forbidden to write his name in the thread of other players. The minimum allowed is 2 times a day, you will soon be excluded if you do not respect these rules. Maybe you need a vacation to refresh your memory.

Home of Barca Fans