Neymar Jr.

Newcomer

^would not mind Neymar only if we could include Coutinho/ Dembele. Same with Sane and L. Martinez.

PSG would be dumb to take one of those two. Especially Dembélé. I think he is done with high level football. Too many muscular injuries and on the some of the most important muscles for a footballer. Dybala was a good shot last year since he was on the market but he won't be anymore.

I wouldn't mind Sancho but i guess he will go to a PL club in London.

KingLeo10

The era of short fixes has passed. We need something new, and something which would last a hole new cycle. Not a player who would maybe fix things for a season then become a huge problem in itself in 2-3 years.

Precisely.

If Neymar won us a CL (which is no guarantee considering even a Messi solo effort fell short at CL SF), we would suffer financially and sporting wise for the next 3-5 years. Similar to how that 2015 treble came at the expense of 6 more years of Bartomeu.

I'm desperate for success but not THAT desperate.

FC433

^
that is fair. I doubt any team would take Dembele, but we never know. I can see City being interested in Dembele only if BM refuses to pay good $ for Sane since his contract is ending in a season.

serghei

No, I'm saying that we should sign World Class players along with players with potential. Cannot just go for one or the other.

Sancho and Lautaro are right there. They are not players with potential. They are players who are the best in their teams.

Neymar is 'more' than a world class player. He is a primadonna party-goer superstar who while world class still, brings a lot of other problems I personally want to avoid in the future.

And is too old. I would maybe take Neymar back if he'd been 25-26 or so. To be able to count on 3-4 years at a minimum. As it is, he might very well come, have 1 top season and turn into Ronaldinho post 2008.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Sancho and Lautaro are right there. They are not players with potential. They are players who are the best in their teams.

Lautaro is at least somewhat reasonably priced in this market, but Sancho for 150ME+ would be just as insane as Neymar.

KingLeo10

I wouldn't go for Sancho. No more 150 M wing forward/wing signings. Focus on identifying prospects there and with the right manager those could turn into Sanchos/Dembeles quickly. 100 M for Martinez is also overpaying but we need a strong, hard working 9 that can lead the line for 5+ years and he could be that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Griezmann on the wing, Suarez back-up. Lautaro would be our new no9.

No pace, no width, no ability to beat a man 1v1 apart from Messi. A waste of 120m on Griezmann and a front line with the exact same issues as before.

serghei

No pace, no width. A waste of 120m on Griezmann and a front line with the exact same issues as before.

Which is why I'd also sign Sancho.

You think I wouldn't want us to sign Salah? or even Mane? Or Mbappe? I would... but it's not possible.

mc_lovin

No pace, no width. A waste of 120m on Griezmann and a front line with the exact same issues as before.

You can construct a similar argument for Griezmann in the center. Depending on Suarez as our main striker for one more year is more likely to cripple us than a season with Fati/Griezmann on LW.

KingLeo10

Salah and Mane if they play 1 more season in Klopp's system would be a no buy. They run too much and would have won too much to still be worth that 150-200 M

Home of Barca Fans