Page 337 of 375 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 5611

Thread: Neymar Jr.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Look, I know you're a Neymar fan. But his creativity has done ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL in the CL. Even with PSG against Real, he was the best player on the pitch in terms of handling the ball but when it came time to finish the tie, CR7 put both Neymar and Mbappe in his back pocket. Real were shit in both legs and beat PSG 5-2...
    His creativity tore Liverpool apart in Paris last season to be fair

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post
    Messi started losing a bit of pace around 26-27 and Neymar has had more injuries and a worse lifestyle.
    Yup, 2014-15 was the last time Messi was an explosive, freak of nature level dribbler. And he was 27 at the time.

He's still quite effective but relies much more on guile to beat his man.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the groups. And that was hardly tearing apart.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right but we always look like the best team in CL group stages...KOs are what matter to me so I didn't mention it.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    You're right but we always look like the best team in CL group stages...KOs are what matter to me so I didn't mention it.
    Yea, Madrid I think ended up 2nd in their group in each of the winning years with Zidane. CL starts in the knockouts for the top 8 teams.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potroh View Post
    PSG is in the fragile position that they have to sell Neymar after all these gossips and dramas.
    It's normal that they want as much cash as possible, but finally they will have to make compromises, specially that they have ONE SINGLE buyer at the moment and time is against their agenda.

Either Barca or nobody else, so these are the negotiations that are usually successful at the end because there is a definite urgency to sell.

PSG would enter a pretty bad situation if Neymar remained their player, which is almost an impossibility now, specially that they came to the position to sell him.
    I'd be very surprised if the deal weren't done this week...
    I agree. We have all the cards if we play them rightly. As for Neymar eventually ending up at Barça, save for a totally drastic and unexpected change of scenery, is something that I have been convinced of happening since June and wrote about it repeatedly. See my post 4954. Not to my great happiness as I am in the camp that would not want him (if I could choose) but I won't lie, a part of me, the melancholic fanboy that would want to see the last ride with MSN again with FDJ, Arthur, Griezmann and Dembélé around, would like or at least be curious to see how this whole possible (likely) transfer would end up in practice. The heart says don't do it and the brain as well but as often is the case in football and sport nothing is set in stone until it occurs. I have a hope of Neymar, if ending up as a Barça player, doing what I wrote earlier to reaffirm himself and gain the trust of the fanbase again and fulfill his potential that has been wasted for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    All what was needed in that video was some N u a g e s to turn up for the melancholic in us all and the obligatory "what if he had stayed" nonsense.

Neymar fanboys crying tears of joy while watching at the prospect of us resigning him.
    Last edited by Leo_Messi; 13th August 2019 at 11:11 PM.
    Bartomeu Dimissió!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having the more creative playmaker Neymar might not be the worst thing if Dembele can fill that more direct wideman role on the right side and we go with a Neymar-Messi-Dembele attack.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having the more creative playmaker Neymar might not be the worst thing if Dembele can fill that more direct wideman role on the right side and we go with a Neymar-Messi-Dembele attack.
    What about Griezmann and Suarez?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    What about Griezmann and Suarez?
    Suarez benched, Griezmann in midfield. This is only for the real big games

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez benched, Griezmann in midfield. This is only for the real big games
    Not feasible for me. Suarez is currently the only player in the squad that is comfortable playing as a centre forward. Griezmann is not a midfielder, he's a forward. Messi won't play false 9 at this stage in his career probably.

For Griezmann to play centre forward we need a much better manager than Valverde. Valverde is very traditional and basic. And Griezmann is not a traditional striker. Suarez is.
    Last edited by serghei; 13th August 2019 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not feasible for me. Suarez is currently the only player in the squad that is comfortably playing as a centre forward. Griezmann is not a midfielder, he's a forward.
    Bernardo Silva was a right winger before Pep but played well as a CM in big games. Griezmann has basically played as an AM for France and Atletico which is not that different.

It wouldn't be perfect, but I'd rather have Griezmann alongside Frenkie and Arthur than Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal, or Roberto

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bernardo Silva was a right winger before Pep but played well as a CM in big games. Griezmann has basically played as an AM for France and Atletico which is not that different.

It wouldn't be perfect, but I'd rather have Griezmann alongside Frenkie and Arthur than Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal, or Roberto
    Key word being Pep.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not feasible for me. Suarez is currently the only player in the squad that is comfortable playing as a centre forward. Griezmann is not a midfielder, he's a forward. Messi won't play false 9 at this stage in his career probably.

For Griezmann to play centre forward we need a much better manager than Valverde. Valverde is very traditional and basic. And Griezmann is not a traditional striker. Suarez is.
    I don't think Suarez and Messi can't play together against top opposition anymore

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Suarez and Messi can't play together against top opposition anymore
    Could be. Let's see if the problem weren't Busi - Rakitic who had a piss poor service from midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    How is PSG stubborn exactly ? And why should PSG just accept Barca deal ?

It is like saying Barça is stubborn because they don't want to accept a 50 M€ offer for Coutinho. PSG put a value on Neymar and Neymar suitor has to make the efforts to come as close as possible to that value. This is how every transfer works. If selling clubs just had to accept whatever offer the buying clubs were proposing, it would be very simple.

And maybe you don't know but PSG sells a lot of players too.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-par...ers/verein/583

Look PSG has a -1 M€ balance this summer so far and -103 M last year. The value are not exact FFP wise though since some of the sales they are using in the 19/20 window are actually accounted in the 18/19 financial year. But you get the big picture. PSG is selling players too.
    Barca don't have to do shit. They are not the ones with the ticking bomb on their hands. PSG instead of staying quiet criticized him and fined him for coming back in date they had both agreed on. They are also unsure about his injuries. So yeah ... they are not the strong side here unless they are really willing on keeping him after all that.