Neymar Jr.

FCB1987

Banned
Swap Coutinho, Semedo, and Rakitic for Ney. Then buy Alves. Our team would be so stacked

MATS

Alves
Pique
Umtiti
Alba

Frenkie
Busi
Arthur

Griezmann
Messi
Ney

Donatello

I can't remember doing this shit with us tbh. He just refused to talk about his future , he came to train with the team and went to the tour in US.

He did that with us as well. The environment was very hostile, I still remember that.

And his antics had no end, first his sister's birthday, then he and his shoe-laces, any many more which I don't even remember.

Look I don't hate Neymar, he is was one of my favorite players, but his off field antics and recent injuries and lack of long term availability don't make him a very good option.

We have a very good attack, bringing Neymar back will only increase problems, we'd have to sell someone hastly to raise a lot of money, we increase our already inflated wage bill, we miss out on actual reinforcements that are needed. All for just 3-4 years of service and that is also a big if.

Zica

Another very correct post. Congrats.
In short, Neymar is a cancer, who will destroy our team chemistry if he comes back. We don't need that. You don't upgrade your team with this kind of players. Period.
The transfer window will close very soon, so we don't need to waste our time and energy to even talk about this guy. Bartomeu should stop any negotiations with Leonardo and concentrate on finding 2-3 more pieces for our team. I don't give a damn what Messi and Suarez wants. It is not their job to decide who is going to play for Barcelona.

He is so toxic everybody in the Barca dressing room got along with him ...

Jadentheman

He did that with us as well. The environment was very hostile, I still remember that.

And his antics had no end, first his sister's birthday, then he and his shoe-laces, any many more which I don't even remember.

Look I don't hate Neymar, he is was one of my favorite players, but his off field antics and recent injuries and lack of long term availability don't make him a very good option.

We have a very good attack, bringing Neymar back will only increase problems, we'd have to sell someone hastly to raise a lot of money, we increase our already inflated wage bill, we miss out on actual reinforcements that are needed. All for just 3-4 years of service and that is also a big if.

HE had no antics here only thing was his sister’s birthday really. He was grounded at Barca was professional only up to his last week here when he had a fight with Semedo at training

Zica

The only one desperate in this whole story should be Neymar.

While I don't like Griezmann's signing as I don't think he fits the team right now, Barca already made one big move there. While it seems like Neymar staying at PSG would be disastrous for PSG, I can see them rolling the dice and counting on Neymar being at least mostly professional for another season if they don't get the offer they want. I am not sure I see Neymar saying "screw it, I will just fuk around this season" out of spite. He likes playing way too much. The only other problem would be the fans reaction to him staying. It wouldn't be pretty.

LMAO at the character assassination of Ney here. The kid was incredibly humble when he came to Barca, accepting playing second fiddle to Messi and Suarez and taking Suarez shouting at him, despite by far being the bigger worldwide star.

He always gave 100% on the pitch, fought to win and was a team player without really receiving the love he desired from the fans.

It's only at the end where he started to act up, but it's obvious he has learnt his mistake from his desire to come back .

I can understand the worry regarding his injury record and motivation for football, but let's not join the worldwide bandwagon of making him out to be the some sort of satanic bellend.

Messigician

LMAO at the character assassination of Ney here. The kid was incredibly humble when he came to Barca, accepting playing second fiddle to Messi and Suarez and taking Suarez shouting at him, despite by far being the bigger worldwide star.

He always gave 100% on the pitch, fought to win and was a team player without really receiving the love he desired from the fans.

It's only at the end where he started to act up, but it's obvious he has learnt his mistake from his desire to come back .

I can understand the worry regarding his injury record and motivation for football, but let's not join the worldwide bandwagon of making him out to be the some sort of satanic bellend.

This, the hyperbole and overreaction to the second best player in the world is very disrespectful to NeyNey, I'd love to have him back preferably without the drama and antics though.

Arizona Scott

Neymar is a great player but as an example he was very dismissive to Xavi about how to act professionally and be less petulant on the pitch (which doesn't do anything helpful for the player or team).

I am OK if he comes back for a reasonable price/swap, but his emotional stability and leadership is no where near his technique and it comes with the package unfortunately. His ethic and focus could wane compared to messi and suarez, he could get more distracted, and he was very loved at Barca despite some non helpful antics. He he chose to leave for $ and to be out of Messi's shadow, the latter even more superficial reason.

Again OK if he comes back, on our terms though since he chose to leave despite the club, players (part Messi and Suarez were very generous and supportive of him) and fans doing everything to keep him feeling welcome and appreciated.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans