Neymar Jr.

Tackle

They play in the same position...

Not at all.

In fact neither player plays as a fixed LW presently.

Neymar plays more as a free roaming 10 or CAM and takes a role similar to the one Messi has here at Barca.

Ronaldo is pretty much an out and out striker at this point.

Both do like to drift in from the left, but they absolutely do not occupy the same spaces anymore and would have no trouble playing together.

YodaMaster

I'm a bigger fan of Ney than most, but that last sentence is utter rubbish.

From 2014-2016 Ronaldo scored 173 goals and had 54 assists. Even if you ignore the second half of Neymar's 13/14 season and look at his stats from the 14/15 to 16/17 season instead he finishes with 90 goals scored and 61 assists.

CR7 finished this period with 227 goal contributions, whereas Neymar only had 151. If I was stricter and decided to use Neymar's calendar year stats from 2014-2016 this result is even more lopsided.

Neymar was also never the opposition's first attacking concern due to Messi, whereas Ronaldo was always undoubtedly the leading man in attack for Madrid. CR7 also won 4 of the 5 Ballon D'or awards from 2013-2017, 3 CLs and one Liga. In the same period Neymar only won 1 CL, 2 Ligas and his highest finish in the Ballon D'or race was third.

I would love for nothing more than Neymar to return, but the amount of disrespect Ronaldo gets on here is ridiculous. Cristiano is unarguably a top 5 player of all time, comparing Neymar to him is insulting.

2007 Kaka won Ballon d’Or and was considered best player in the world. What a robbery. Inzaghi was the best poacher in the world that year. Ballon d’Or should have been given to him right ?

2005 Ronaldinho won Ballon d’Or and was considered best in the world. Such a lie since Henry outscored everybody that year, which means he was the best football player right ?

What is utter rubbish is your idea that best scorer = best player. Don’t come at me with your bullshit numbers, football is more than just numbers, I’m educated enough to know this. You might be a good numbers reader/analyst, but it looks like you don’t know shit about the game of football.

2014-2015 Neymar had a better season than Ronaldo, and it’s was pretty clear and easy to see. Since you only see numbers, Neymar finished top scorer in CL that year alongside Messi and Ronaldo. The difference is that his goals were far more clutch, he scored in every knockout round, scored in the finale, and won the trophy that year unlike Ronaldo.

September 2015 - January 2016: Neymar was best player in the world. It was prime Neymar and he played amazingly good, Ronaldinho level. Even some madridistas recognized this. Messi was injured for the biggest part of that period and Ronaldo was absolute shit over that time.
2016 end of the year: Neymar came to Ronaldo’s and Madrid’s home and ***** them, 4-0 at the Bernabeu, Ronaldo didn’t do shit except crying and asking Benitez exit after that game.

In January 2016 and later on, Neymar’s form dropped and he lost humility since, then became injury prone.

LABarcaFan

Sales, Juve has already sold bunch of nobodies for 104M, and they are yet to offload Khedira, Matiudi, Mandzukic, Perin, Dybala, Cancelo(?), Pjaca and Higuain. These players can be sold for 200+ and get rid of these heavy salaries.

Juve can easily afford Neymar.

Well. I am wondering now, how they can sale their "nobodys" for 100+ mil, plus all other names, you have mentioned and make room for Neymar's big salary and our board can't sale 5-6 proven and tested Barcelona players. That shows our problems are not only the players and the coaching staff, but the entire management. But I will be the happiest person the day when I read that Juve has signed Neymar. For two reasons. First - I don't like him back with Barca and second, he will destroy Juventus team in less than one season. I am 100% sure that Neymar and Ronaldo can not co exist together.

LABarcaFan

I don't want injuries to occur to any footballer but a long-term injury to Neymar would be a blessing in disguise. Would prevent Bartofeo and the other retards from further imploding the club and its future.

:bartomeu: THIS GUY IS AN PROVEN IDIOT
He spent 3 months of pursuing Griezmann and now another 3, for Neymar. I don't believe on the news that Messi wants Ney back. That is Barto's and Valverde's idea. Instead of trying to sell some of the players we don't need and signing some new players to upgrade the team, they continue to make a bids. A 115 mil euros plus two players, lets say Coutinho and Dembele is combined a lot more than what we have got for him from PSG. How stupid and irresponsible for your city and fans you have to be to do something like this? Bartomeu has to step down immediately. He is working against Barcelona.

Tackle

2007 Kaka won Ballon d’Or and was considered best player in the world. What a robbery. Inzaghi was the best poacher in the world that year. Ballon d’Or should have been given to him right ?

2005 Ronaldinho won Ballon d’Or and was considered best in the world. Such a lie since Henry outscored everybody that year, which means he was the best football player right ?

What is utter rubbish is your idea that best scorer = best player. Don’t come at me with your bullshit numbers, football is more than just numbers, I’m educated enough to know this. You might be a good numbers reader/analyst, but it looks like you don’t know shit about the game of football.

2014-2015 Neymar had a better season than Ronaldo, and it’s was pretty clear and easy to see. Since you only see numbers, Neymar finished top scorer in CL that year alongside Messi and Ronaldo. The difference is that his goals were far more clutch, he scored in every knockout round, scored in the finale, and won the trophy that year unlike Ronaldo.

September 2015 - January 2016: Neymar was best player in the world. It was prime Neymar and he played amazingly good, Ronaldinho level. Even some madridistas recognized this. Messi was injured for the biggest part of that period and Ronaldo was absolute shit over that time.
2016 end of the year: Neymar came to Ronaldo’s and Madrid’s home and ***** them, 4-0 at the Bernabeu, Ronaldo didn’t do shit except crying and asking Benitez exit after that game.

In January 2016 and later on, Neymar’s form dropped and he lost humility since, then became injury prone.

One of the most utterly shocking statements I have ever read.

Neymar was not better than Cristiano in the 14/15, nor was he even within a country mile.

I agree stats aren't the be all end all, but when there are such major discrepancies between the production of two players team trophies are not enough to compensate.

Neymar's stats in 14/15:

39 goals + 10 assists = 49 goal contributions

Ronaldo's stats in 14/15:

61 goals + 21 assists = 82 goal contributions

Despite no major team accolades, Ronaldo had one of his best seasons on an individual level ever and recorded absurd statistics. He out produced Neymar by 1.7 to 1 G/A margin. There is no treble that can make up for that.

What you're saying is equivalent to a delusional Liverpool fan claiming Mane had a better season than Messi this year because he scored some crucial goals and won the CL. In reality everyone knows that no trophy can make up for the fact Messi blew him out of the water statistically, had a much better individual season and is the far superior player.

Ronaldo also had a fine CL campaign himself. The bloke scored 10 goals and finished joint-top scorer with Neymar and Messi. He scored at least one goal in 4 out of 6 knockout matches and finished with 5 goals in total in 6 knockout games. He also scored in both Clasicos that season.

There is not valid argument for Neymar's 14/15 season to be placed above Ronaldo's, unless you are a believer that team trophies and clutch goals are more important than seasonal statistics and overall impact. In that case there is a strong argument to be made that Ronaldo is a greater player than Messi and Messi can never be the GOAT as long as he never wins a major international trophy with his nation. For some reason I reckon you won't be too fond of those arguments. Not that I agree, but I am merely applying your logic across the board to demonstrate it's flaws and display your inherent biases. Blimey, at least be consistent mate.

As far as your other points go I agree the Ballon D'or doesn't have much worth when comparing two players, but again, when one has won 5 and another has a best finish of 3rd it is absolutely fair to point that out.

Also agree Neymar was a better player than CR7 from September 2015 to January 2016. No issues at all with that as it was Neymar's best form and highest level he ever hit. He was multitudes better in that time period than he was in 14/15.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Absolutely shocked to hear you of all people give the ok.
It's tough to say no to the prospect of having Neymar, Griezman, and Messi in attack. If all are healthy this is easily the most creative attacking force ever assembled. The three are exceptionally talented.

Jadentheman

Except the PSG match at home which he decided to get back his 15-16 form for that brief game

LABarcaFan

Hope Juve doesn't get him. They would be a very serious UCL contender if they do.

Like or dislike them, but CR + Neymar would be terrific.

You are wrong on this. If Neymar goes to Turin, I can guarantee you he will destroy the team in less than two months. Same as he did in Paris. From the beginning there, he wanted to be the main guy. That is why he was always in arguments with Di Maria and Cavani, who were already the team leaders. Knowing Ronaldo's temper and attitude, I don't see them working together. There will be always the question... Who is the Boss? But, I pray all this rumors about him going to Juve are accurate, so we can finally take a breath from this drama.

xXKonan

According to MD, the operation is becoming complicated as there's no money to bring him in, it's either exchanging players or nothing.

LABarcaFan

So what are you trying to say? That Neymar is a better player than CR7? Mu,ha,ha,ha! You can't ignore the numbers YodaMaster. They speaks louder than your ......g words. Ijole!

LABarcaFan

After all is said and done, Neymar is still probably second most exciting player in the World.

As one of resident "haters" I am giving my ok. Let's do it

He may be the second most exciting player for you, but many of the real Barca fans won't share that thought. I wrote it already that Neymar was born at the wrong time. He should be playing in sixties and seventies, when Pele and Garincha were doing his staffs. Today, more technical you are, more injuries you will suffer. It is different World.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

It's tough to say no to the prospect of having Neymar, Griezman, and Messi in attack. If all are healthy this is easily the most creative attacking force ever assembled. The three are exceptionally talented.

OK.It is so obvious that you are one of the few, still delusional Barca fans, who wants him back at any price. Messi, Griezmann and Dembele will be more productive for Barca.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans