Neymar Jr.

Andrew M

In terms of pure talent and technical ability, Neymar has Mbappe beaten even at the age of 20.

I mean the dude is a meme now, which is quite hilarious.

It's not just about pure talent and technique, it's about how it's applied in a match environment.

xXKonan

It's not just about pure talent and technique, it's about how it's applied in a match environment.
Well I'm just one of the few that isn't all that impressed with Mbappe giving the context if you compare him to someone like Neymar.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Andrew M

Well I'm just one of the few that isn't all that impressed with Mbappe giving the context if you compare him to someone like Neymar.

Agree to disagree I guess.

What had Neymar done that impressed you so much by age 20? Because he hadn't even left Brazil until 21.

Acnologia

Neymar was a far better prospect than Mbappe will ever be.

Mbappe's talent doesn't come anywhere near close to Neymar. Neymar came straight from Brazil and had to spend a season adapting and also suffered a couple of untimely injuries. He exploded in the 2014/15 season playing more like a Forward than as a playmaking winger and scored some crucial goals which helped get us the treble.

I give Neymar shit these days due to what happened in 2017, but there's no contest. These new aged wingers like Mbappe, Sane, Dembele, Sancho were nowhere near the talent a young Neymar was.

Mbappe at 20 years old had over 50 goals+ assists and is arguably a top 5 player on the world. Neymar was nowhere Mbappe at s age

Afromaticz

dembele circlejerk even in neymars thread...eh i can't wait for season to start so we can get back to flaming valverde

Lol the guy keeps randomly name dropping Dembele in every thread out here it's amazing...What about Dembele?
Why is he still here? Will they include Dembele in the deal? Dembele is stupid if he continues to stick around yaddi yaddi ya

xXKonan

What had Neymar done that impressed you so much by age 20? Because he hadn't even left Brazil until 21.
He had much better technique on the ball and overall appeared to have a bit more to him than Mbappe did even at that age.

Sure Brazil didn't have the greatest competition but at that time you could tell Neymar was going to something special. With Mbappe, he's a special one and accomplished quite a bit by 20, but when I see him I just don't get that same feeling I did with Neymar at the same age.

But Neymar eventually flushed it down the toilet as we have seen in the past couple of years so at this point Mbappe could easily have a better career.

xXKonan

D_tj4GDXoAADfNd

In the context of the whole Neymar, if he came back or not, MD claims both Dembele and Semedo are untransferable.

Newcomer

Mbappé will score more goals and probably more trophies (the World Cup for one) than Neymar at the end of their respective career. But i have no doubt about the fact Neymar is more talented. Neymar know how to do more things on almost all the areas of the pitch than Mbappé. Neymar has a great statistical output (which means he is quite a good finisher), he is good on free kicks/corner kicks/penalty kicks, he is good at number 10, winger, second striker, he is a good dribbler. On all those things Mbappé can only compete for the goals tally.

Sure Mbappé is special on his own way but you can't really compare those type of talents.

Last edited:

Messi983

His dad is apparently also negotiating with Juve. Let's hope he goes there if he really wants to leave PSG.

Would be also fun to see how they would handle Mendes, Raiola, Neymar Sr. and Rabiot's mom over the next few years. :lol:

Last edited:

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The agent and father of Barça target, Neymar has already held a meeting with Juventus’ sporting director over a possible transfer. [rai sports via md] <a href="https://t.co/K9MYHGcIX8">pic.twitter.com/K9MYHGcIX8</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1151619817914245120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">17. Juli 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Him and ronaldo in one team:lol: that would be a disaster. We Cant afford this guy and they are searching for more options to leave. I guess psg would like someone else anyway.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Anything can happen in football. VVD, Salah, came out of nowhere and became better than most youngsters who were destined to be WC. Prime R9 had everything, but still he couldn't fulfill his potential because of injuries. Great things were expected from Gotze but he failed to deliver eventually. There are numerous other examples.

You also forget the amount of space Mbappe & Sancho get, I'd like to see how they would do in Barca lineup which is slow as hell. Dembele is already marked by 1,2 players before he could even make a move, his speed gets wasted.

And also, only Sane plays on the same level as Dembele. Mbappe & Sancho play in a much easier league.

Well, Mbappé doesn't get that same space at PSG he was enjoying at Monaco or in French national team. Monaco and France were/are quick counterattacking teams but PSG plays mostly against buses in Ligue 1. This is why a Verratti and a Neymar are so important because they are the ones with the quality of breaking those buses.

Last edited:

Newcomer

His dad is apparently also negotiating with Juve. Let's hope he goes there if he really wants to leave PSG.

Don't believe in those trash news.

As if Juventus could pay PSG the asking price and Neymar his wage...

The clubs that can afford Neymar are Real Madrid, both Manchester clubs, Bayern, Chelsea, Barça. Among those City is eliminated because of UAE versus Qatar, MU would be the most credible but no CL, Chelsea has a ban, Munich doesn't pay those fee and Real is waiting for Mbappé. Only Barça remaining and why it is dragging so much. Barça is trying to do cheap offers like when they wanted Griezmann or Coutinho or Dembélé. Then they'll get serious and will find an agreement with PSG.

Afromaticz

In terms of pure talent and technical ability, Neymar has Mbappe beaten even at the age of 20.

I mean the dude is a meme now, which is quite hilarious.

If we're talkin from a pure technical perspective then yes u right Neymar is streets ahead but he's also more technical than Messi aswell but does that make him better? If that was all it took in football Messi would never be the GOAT.

Neymar at 20 was fantastic but he also came up during a time were Brazil was struggling and not producing these unbelievable talents like they used to so the hype was abit exaggerated imo

Right now Neymar is the more complete player but I would take Mbappe over him any day of the week and twice on Sundays

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans