Neymar Jr.

serghei

You're right but we always look like the best team in CL group stages...KOs are what matter to me so I didn't mention it.

Yea, Madrid I think ended up 2nd in their group in each of the winning years with Zidane. CL starts in the knockouts for the top 8 teams.

Leo_Messi

PSG is in the fragile position that they have to sell Neymar after all these gossips and dramas.
It's normal that they want as much cash as possible, but finally they will have to make compromises, specially that they have ONE SINGLE buyer at the moment and time is against their agenda.

Either Barca or nobody else, so these are the negotiations that are usually successful at the end because there is a definite urgency to sell.

PSG would enter a pretty bad situation if Neymar remained their player, which is almost an impossibility now, specially that they came to the position to sell him.
I'd be very surprised if the deal weren't done this week...

I agree. We have all the cards if we play them rightly. As for Neymar eventually ending up at Barça, save for a totally drastic and unexpected change of scenery, is something that I have been convinced of happening since June and wrote about it repeatedly. See my post 4954. Not to my great happiness as I am in the camp that would not want him (if I could choose) but I won't lie, a part of me, the melancholic fanboy that would want to see the last ride with MSN again with FDJ, Arthur, Griezmann and Dembélé around, would like or at least be curious to see how this whole possible (likely) transfer would end up in practice. The heart says don't do it and the brain as well but as often is the case in football and sport nothing is set in stone until it occurs. I have a hope of Neymar, if ending up as a Barça player, doing what I wrote earlier to reaffirm himself and gain the trust of the fanbase again and fulfill his potential that has been wasted for 2 years.

All what was needed in that video was some N u a g e s to turn up for the melancholic in us all and the obligatory "what if he had stayed" nonsense.:lol:

Neymar fanboys crying tears of joy while watching at the prospect of us resigning him.:lol:

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
Having the more creative playmaker Neymar might not be the worst thing if Dembele can fill that more direct wideman role on the right side and we go with a Neymar-Messi-Dembele attack.

serghei

Suarez benched, Griezmann in midfield. This is only for the real big games

Not feasible for me. Suarez is currently the only player in the squad that is comfortable playing as a centre forward. Griezmann is not a midfielder, he's a forward. Messi won't play false 9 at this stage in his career probably.

For Griezmann to play centre forward we need a much better manager than Valverde. Valverde is very traditional and basic. And Griezmann is not a traditional striker. Suarez is.

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
Not feasible for me. Suarez is currently the only player in the squad that is comfortably playing as a centre forward. Griezmann is not a midfielder, he's a forward.

Bernardo Silva was a right winger before Pep but played well as a CM in big games. Griezmann has basically played as an AM for France and Atletico which is not that different.

It wouldn't be perfect, but I'd rather have Griezmann alongside Frenkie and Arthur than Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal, or Roberto

serghei

Bernardo Silva was a right winger before Pep but played well as a CM in big games. Griezmann has basically played as an AM for France and Atletico which is not that different.

It wouldn't be perfect, but I'd rather have Griezmann alongside Frenkie and Arthur than Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal, or Roberto

Key word being Pep.

FCB1987

Banned
Not feasible for me. Suarez is currently the only player in the squad that is comfortable playing as a centre forward. Griezmann is not a midfielder, he's a forward. Messi won't play false 9 at this stage in his career probably.

For Griezmann to play centre forward we need a much better manager than Valverde. Valverde is very traditional and basic. And Griezmann is not a traditional striker. Suarez is.

I don't think Suarez and Messi can't play together against top opposition anymore

Zica

How is PSG stubborn exactly ? And why should PSG just accept Barca deal ?

It is like saying Barça is stubborn because they don't want to accept a 50 M€ offer for Coutinho. PSG put a value on Neymar and Neymar suitor has to make the efforts to come as close as possible to that value. This is how every transfer works. If selling clubs just had to accept whatever offer the buying clubs were proposing, it would be very simple.

And maybe you don't know but PSG sells a lot of players too.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-paris-saint-germain/transfers/verein/583

Look PSG has a -1 M€ balance this summer so far and -103 M last year. The value are not exact FFP wise though since some of the sales they are using in the 19/20 window are actually accounted in the 18/19 financial year. But you get the big picture. PSG is selling players too.

Barca don't have to do shit. They are not the ones with the ticking bomb on their hands. PSG instead of staying quiet criticized him and fined him for coming back in date they had both agreed on. They are also unsure about his injuries. So yeah ... they are not the strong side here unless they are really willing on keeping him after all that.

Givenchy

can't remember who said it (was a few pages back) but i totally agreed: Neymar should of came out earlier wanting to leave and we could of halted the Griezmann deal.

Griezmann won't play as a #9 so we'll have to rely on Suarez. Messi is 1st name on the team sheet which leaves Dembele and Griezmann on the bench so Neymar can start. makes no sense, although theres alot of smoke i cant imagine this transfer

Griezmann-Suarez-Messi lacks so much pace which we sorely lack

Neymar-Suarez-Messi is much better balanced

Zica

Look, I know you're a Neymar fan. But his creativity has done ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL in the CL. Even with PSG against Real, he was the best player on the pitch in terms of handling the ball but when it came time to finish the tie, CR7 put both Neymar and Mbappe in his back pocket. Real were shit in both legs and beat PSG 5-2...

You mean with a PK and when the ball hit him and went in the goal ? That's a laughable statement.

serghei

can't remember who said it (was a few pages back) but i totally agreed: Neymar should of came out earlier wanting to leave and we could of halted the Griezmann deal.

Griezmann won't play as a #9 so we'll have to rely on Suarez. Messi is 1st name on the team sheet which leaves Dembele and Griezmann on the bench so Neymar can start. makes no sense, although theres alot of smoke i cant imagine this transfer

Same. It doesn't make any sense with Griezman.

But imo Griezmann is better than Neymar for what we need at this moment. We need runs off the ball, movement, work rate, simple one touch football. Griezmann beats Neymar at all of these.

What we need to upgrade is the midfield, and we won't do that if we're signings forwards who want ball to feet right away.

Home of Barca Fans