Neymar Jr.

Lol, Coutinho + Dembele + 90m. for an older, slightly past it Neymar with recurring Jones fracture? :lol:

Only thing he's improved at PSG is his poker face and his bidding on big blind.

Couldn't disagree more. How do you conclude Ney is past it? Anyone that has seen him play in Ligue 1 will tell you, when Fit and motivated he is by far the 2nd best player in the world, by any measure.

He went to PSG to be their Messi and did exactly that. Goals and assists every game, controlling the game, turning defence in to attack, playmaking, set piece domination. Even this last season ( his worst by far ) he is averaging a goal or assist per game. Ney has moved up a level since leaving Barca.

FinBarcelonafan

Couldn't disagree more. How do you conclude Ney is past it? Anyone that has seen him play in Ligue 1 will tell you, when Fit and motivated he is by far the 2nd best player in the world, by any measure.

He went to PSG to be their Messi and did exactly that. Goals and assists every game, controlling the game, turning defence in to attack, playmaking, set piece domination. Even this last season ( his worst by far ) he is averaging a goal or assist per game. Ney has moved up a level since leaving Barca.

NeyNey has gotten a lot of bad habits with PSG and his injury history is very concerning.

Tekkers

Lol, Coutinho + Dembele + 90m. for an older, slightly past it Neymar with recurring Jones fracture? :lol:

Only thing he's improved at PSG is his poker face and his bidding on big blind.

i don't think there's a worse injury in football than that. he's essentially done for

Donatello

Anyone that has seen him play in Ligue 1 will tell you, when Fit and motivated he is by far the 2nd best player in the world, by any measure.

Well, he was neither fit nor motivated. And what guarantee is there that he won't repeat that here. I can understand about motivation, he can somehow manage it here, but injuries aren't in his hand. I'd rather not spend that much ( Coutinho + Dembele + 90M or whatever) just because he can be the 2nd best player in the world if he is motivated and fit. There are just too many ifs and buts.

He went to PSG to be their Messi and did exactly that.

Then why do they want to make Mbappe their main man. Get over it, Neymar makes too many demands, acts un-professionaly and is nowhere to be found when needed because of injuries. He is nowhere even close to Messi.

Last edited:
Well, he was neither fit nor motivated. And what guarantee is there that he won't repeat that here. I can understand about motivation, he can somehow manage it here, but injuries aren't in his hand. I'd rather not spend that much ( Coutinho + Dembele + 90M or whatever) just because he can be the 2nd best player in the world if he is motivated and fit. There are just too many ifs and buts.

Then why do they want to make Mbappe their main man. Get over it, Neymar makes too many demands, acts un-professionaly and is nowhere to be found when needed because of injuries. He is nowhere even close to Messi.

I have said from day 1 there are the ifs and buts of his injuries and motivation, that's not what I was disagreeing with. I was disagreeing with the assertion that Ney has somehow regressed as a player - That's just not true at all.

PSG want Mbappe to be their main man because he has less ifs and buts about his injuries and motivation. Also he is 8 years younger. But by far the most important reason is they don't have a choice because Ney has just metaphorically shat on them from a very great height.

Donatello

I have said from day 1 there are the ifs and buts of his injuries and motivation, that's not what I was disagreeing with. I was disagreeing with the assertion that Ney has somehow regressed as a player - That's just not true at all.

PSG want Mbappe to be their main man because he has less ifs and buts about his injuries and motivation. Also he is 8 years younger. But by far the most important reason is they don't have a choice because Ney has just metaphorically shat on them from a very great height.

So you also agree he's a high risk transfer. Then why advocate for Neymar?

Mitchell1978

What Neymar transfer saga hasn't been filled with twists and drama? Never the less I'm certain he is coming. The board are desperate to make amends for last season

the would look even more pathetic if they got him back, even more so if they overpay for him, Neymar is worth 150m now nothing more

Donatello

the would look even more pathetic if they got him back, even more so if they overpay for him, Neymar is worth 150m now nothing more

I won't even pay 150M for him. No offense to Neymar's abilities, but he been too injury prone, and has no need in the team considering how much we are stacked in attack already.

What I don't get is, why we signed Griezmann if we want Neymar so badly, & he isn't getting younger either.

So you also agree he's a high risk transfer. Then why advocate for Neymar?

Because A) at circa 150m for the 2nd best player in the world by a distance it is a bargain.

B) He will be more motivated here for sure at least for the next 3 years. His motivation may be a problem later on still.

C) Its up to the Barca staff to thoroughly test him as they do all players who sign for us. He will go through a vigorous medical, much more vigorous than speculation posted on Barcaforum.

FinBarcelonafan

What the **** is Barca doing? 100 mil € and two players for Neymar. We are out of our mind. If it's 100 million, Coutinho and Dembele we are making huge mistake.

100 mil€ and Coutinho should be the highest offer. Neymar could be finished all we know.. Wtf .

Ritchie

[tw]1151953033326157824[/tw]

Suarez is the first player who needs replacing. Sad thing is if Messi insists on him staying for another few years then Messi's won his last CL and Ballon D'or and isn't winning any more.

If only we'd gone for Firmino instead of Coutinho and ideally let them have Suarez in exchange.

malvolio

The first sentence of this post is alarming. Very alarming.

isn't that what griezmann is for? we already have our striker, now you want to spend more money this summer for a suarez back-up who won't have a sniff at first team with dembele and griezmann ahead of him?

suarez worked all his life to get to barcelona and you guys dream that he will just leave :lol:

Home of Barca Fans