Neymar Jr.

EdmondDantes

Brazil would be better off starting with Coutinho-Firmino- D. Costa as their front 3 with Fred-Arthur-Casemiro behind them and sending Neymar off to the nearest circus. He's a disruptive ball-hogging clown these days.

FCB1987

Banned
Neyney is so irrelevant these days. He had his few weeks of attention at the World Cup but now most of the very limited spotlight on PSG is for Mbappe.

I almost forget Ney is still a professional footballer at times

mssarm

It's more than a year that Ney departed and most important question is who did better during this past year: Barca or Neymar? While there's an argument whether we needed Neymar in front, you could call season to be successful.On the other hand ,there's no doubt for Neymar it was a shitty year. Not much success with PSG and total disaster with national team.

Horatio

You're welcome
not desperation, but is anyone actually following Neymar at PSG this season?

I always see people talk about EPL, La Liga, Ronaldo with Juve a bit, Mbappe's rise with PSG, but literally nobody cares about what Neyney is up to

Honestly, this has popped into my mind many times recently. Whenever I discuss football with the people I meet on my travels it's still mostly Messi vs. Ronaldo. Neymar barely gets brought up.
Not hating on Neymar, but I can't help but think this sentiment to be true.

Joan

Enough to look at the state of this thread. Casual trolling, mocking, diving... and a few Ligue 1 videos Jair posts that nobody watches.

clemente

No one talks about Neymar any more when it comes to the best players of the world. He's fallen so far off it is unbelievable. He will continue to do so unless he wins a CL with PSG. Should definitely leave them in order to grow.

Doesn't really matter what people talk, he didn't decline or lose his skill, its not a surprise if he is top 3 player again this season.

BBZ8800

No one talks about Neymar any more when it comes to the best players of the world. He's fallen so far off it is unbelievable. He will continue to do so unless he wins a CL with PSG. Should definitely leave them in order to grow.

You know that I am a Neyhater, but imo he didn't lose his skills.
He was world class for 12 Months in 1st and 2nd Lucho's season.
2nd part of 2016 and the whole 2016/17 were quite average.

Remember how he didn't score at around 10-15 La liga matches in a row from an open play in a spring of 2016.
And then he again disappeared in a spring of 2017, plus his whole season was quite average and his finishing was below his level.

So, imo, Neymar from 2015' was better than Neymar from 2016, 2017 or 2018.
But also, Barca's Neymar from 2016 and 2017 was the same player as a current Neymar from Psg.
Someone may mention Psg's match. Apart from that, his last season here was average in all areas.

So, imo, when Neymar was at Barca, people were overrating his abilities by let's say 20-30%.
While now when he is gone, people are underrating his abilities.

So, Neymar has skills, let's say 100 all the time.
While he was here, people overrated him and thought that his skills are actually 130 and not 100.
While now when he is gone, people are rating his skills at, let's say, 80, even though he still has skills 100.

I explained something similar yesterday in a thread of Luis Suarez.
When he was in our "tribe" (Fc Barca) people are overrating our players. Especially if he is young, a player for the future.
Also, people were defending his antics, diving, ballhogging, dribbling backwards etc.
When he left our "tribe", suddenly he isn't THAT good anymore and everyone is mocking him.

My point: all in all, he hasn't changed that much.
Only people don't have Barca's glasses regarding Neymar anymore.

For example, look at this horror show of a match vs Monchengladbach in autumn of 2016'.
He had tons of similar matches in a spring of 2016, autumn of 2016 and spring of 2017'.
Back then, when I posted shit about him and pointed to his flaws, people were defending him to death.
When he does similar things today, people are laughing at him.
Interesting. This is what I call "Barca's glasses, our tribe and hope/faith in some player".

Anyway, Barca's Neymar from 2016 and 2017 wasn't any worse than a current PSG's Neymar:
He was an equal clown, and about him it is always more about show than about an actual end product:

serghei

What a great player he was back then in 2015. Instrumental for the treble. Elite scorer and dribbler, with a bit of playmaking in between. That season MSN just ripped teams apart.

Home of Barca Fans