Neymar Jr.

Catta

Would you guys say that talent-wise he is better than CR?

No. Cristianos talent is underrated. He is not a robot who has accomplished everything with only hard work. Messi is one of the if not the most talented players ever, and you can't be compared to such a player with only hard work. He is not talented like Messi, but for me is more talented than any other player of their generation. Neymar is not even close to his level.

Cristianos hard work has closed the talent gap to Messi. Its not like Neymar is lazy, he is as hard working as Messi, and still is not even close to them.

Blackened

No. Cristianos talent is underrated. He is not a robot who has accomplished everything with only hard work. Messi is one of the if not the most talented players ever, and you can't be compared to such a player with only hard work. He is not talented like Messi, but for me is more talented than any other player of their generation. Neymar is not even close to his level.

Cristianos hard work has closed the talent gap to Messi. Its not like Neymar is lazy, he is as hard working as Messi, and still is not even close to them.

Ok. Thanks.

FinBarcelonafan

Neymar had the capabilities but not the motivation/desire to be Messi and Ronaldo level. I guess you could say he got unlucky with injuries too but that's mostly down to his playing style, which is begging for injuries. (Ball hogging).

I think he was the most talented from his age group 28-32.

The guy is for sure special player but not same level as Messi and Ronaldo.

Laplacian

Yeah no, you don't score 50+ goals a year over the course of almost a decade because of "mentality"

He was also one of the best dribblers in Europe during his 20s. You guys are doing a massive disservice to Ronaldo here its ridiculous.

Neymessi

What do you mean by talent?

Ball-skills. Ball-control, dribbling, passing, game-reading, things of that nature. Not physical attributes such as heading or long-distance shooting.

Pretty much this but I wouldn't say heading and long-range shooting etc aren't talents but would consider them at a lower weightage especially heading considering how most of your heading quality is dependent on your physical attributes. But you are on point about ball control etc. Neymar is heads shoulders and leagues ahead of cr7 in those regards.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans