Neymar Jr.

Jadentheman

He doesn't care lmfao

He's counting the days until he walks for free

Hopefully back to Barcelona for one last hurrah
mjgrin.png

Total-Football

He is not finished but definitely past his prime. He lost that ridiculous first 10 meters pace he used to have in barca. History has it that once an explosive player looses his explosiveness, due to injury or motivation or otherwise, the player never gets it back.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He is not finished but definitely past his prime. He lost that ridiculous first 10 meters pace he used to have in barca. History has it that once an explosive player looses his explosiveness, due to injury or motivation or otherwise, the player never gets it back.

He seems to be motivated but the injuries and the age has let him decline. I think his last chance to win the CL with PSG was last season.

Jadentheman

True, but still the optics of Barca being the club where you attain the pinnacle of your footballing career still stands. WC players and legends. There is no other club with it's philosophy and identity even close especially for someone of Neymar's playstyle.

Laplacian

He's only a footnote in Barca's history.

:lol:

UCL topscorer during our treble winning season is hardly a footnote my man.

True, but still the optics of Barca being the club where you attain the pinnacle of your footballing career still stands. WC players and legends. There is no other club with it's philosophy and identity even close especially for someone of Neymar's playstyle.

The home of tricky and speedy South American players since the 80s!

(not sarcasm, I genuinely hope we snatch a technical and insanely talented forward within the next few years).

Laplacian

Messi was the joint top scorer in CL and Messi was by far the best player in the treble season...58 goals and 29 assists.

I'm not disputing that lol, but what Neymar achieved during that season was still remarkable. Not a lot of wingers score about 40+ goals a season, are part of a historical front trio, and win a continental trio on top of all that in the same season. The 2014-2016 seasons will be remember fondly, especially because of Neymar alongside Messi and Suarez. I don't think he'll be a footnote at all. He wasn't a sidekick, he was a huge part of the reason we were so successful then. Not as much as Messi and Suarez, but he was still an important part of the team.

Considering how hard it's been to replace him with 400m+, I now recognise just how talented he is compared to the available talent pool for wingers.

Home of Barca Fans