Neymar Jr.

Newcomer

Neymar is like their Messi. Still doing useless tricks but makes nice forward passes and dribbles.

Pretty much this.

There are two very important players at PSG : Neymar first and then Verratti. Without them, it is not the same. Then you have Mbapp?, Navas, Thiago Silva but he is declining physically.

PSG has no midfield, thus Neymar has to do pretty much everything from bringing the ball from there ot higher up the pitch by dribbling or through balls or some 1-2 with Mbapp?. Neymar has to assist and Neymar has to score.

PSG doesn't cross either. It becomes then way easier to defend against that team cuz they play very centrally. We know Neymar loves to hog the ball sometimes but it is exacerbated by the (non existing) gameplan of Tuchel's PSG.

There was a period he was flying for us (just before his two big injuries). He was simply incredible. He is below this level currently. First, he had more weight than usual and had lost his acceleration. During lockdown, he seems to have worked out a lot and is pretty fit. However, his last two games were poorer than his fattier self before lockdown. I'll put that down to the evident lack of rythm.

Our best player without a doubt and i hope we will find a way to renew him.

Also, as a fan of football, it is always a pleasure to see a player try and pull off skills. Football is sometimes too "standardized", i like players who bring some colours like Neymar or Ronaldinho before him under our shirt. It is like music, when one musician is live and just let it go and makes beautiful and intriguing runs you wouldn't hear in the commercial version.

Now, against Atalanta, i fear he will have a disasterclass. If Atalanta is smart, they will focus their pressing on Verratti. Neymar will then try to do everything and play the saviour, will hog the ball, try to dribble 2 or 3 and lose the ball. Rinse and repeat.

FinBarcelonafan

Pretty much this.

There are two very important players at PSG : Neymar first and then Verratti. Without them, it is not the same. Then you have Mbapp?, Navas, Thiago Silva but he is declining physically.

PSG has no midfield, thus Neymar has to do pretty much everything from bringing the ball from there ot higher up the pitch by dribbling or through balls or some 1-2 with Mbapp?. Neymar has to assist and Neymar has to score.

PSG doesn't cross either. It becomes then way easier to defend against that team cuz they play very centrally. We know Neymar loves to hog the ball sometimes but it is exacerbated by the (non existing) gameplan of Tuchel's PSG.

There was a period he was flying for us (just before his two big injuries). He was simply incredible. He is below this level currently. First, he had more weight than usual and had lost his acceleration. During lockdown, he seems to have worked out a lot and is pretty fit. However, his last two games were poorer than his fattier self before lockdown. I'll put that down to the evident lack of rythm.

Our best player without a doubt and i hope we will find a way to renew him.

Also, as a fan of football, it is always a pleasure to see a player try and pull off skills. Football is sometimes too "standardized", i like players who bring some colours like Neymar or Ronaldinho before him under our shirt. It is like music, when one musician is live and just let it go and makes beautiful and intriguing runs you wouldn't hear in the commercial version.

Now, against Atalanta, i fear he will have a disasterclass. If Atalanta is smart, they will focus their pressing on Verratti. Neymar will then try to do everything and play the saviour, will hog the ball, try to dribble 2 or 3 and lose the ball. Rinse and repeat.

You are right about Neymar and his tricks. He is one of the most fun players to watch. You never know what he comes up with next. It's plain fun to watch his game.

vegitot

Atalanta has strong case to win over PSG. They are the best attacking side in Italy and they will go all out, PSG only has few games and actually only one competive game to prepare for this match. I dont think they can handle Atalanta's attacking.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neymar.

He had the skillset to go down as one of the top 10-15 players to ever play the game. Right now, he barely cracks top 50, if that.

Neymar had his highs.

Verratti should have been dominating the midfield for one of the best teams in the World since he left Pescara. Yet he has nothing to show for. Either injured or playing for an underwhelming PSG side.

KingLeo10

Neymar had his highs.

Verratti should have been dominating the midfield for one of the best teams in the World since he left Pescara. Yet he has nothing to show for. Either injured or playing for an underwhelming PSG side.

Neymar's highs have come in conjunction with a 60 goal, 30 assists Messi season and a Suarez who was the best striker in the world at that time.

He was an absolutely important part of the trio but I'd say he was 2nd or 3rd wheel in the team.

If he had a strong WC or Copa Americas, that'd be one thing. But he became a diving meme at the WC and they won Copa without him, no?

But I agree Verratti is up there as well.

FinBarcelonafan

Neymar will still go down as the best goal scorer in Brazil(national) history, that has to mean something?

Can't say his career was total failure. Not sure if we would crack top50 all time though.

Horatio

You're welcome
Neymar will still go down as the best goal scorer in Brazil(national) history, that has to mean something?

Can't say his career was total failure. Not sure if we would crack top50 all time though.

Neymar will be remembered as a great player, but not a historical one. People will look back and wonder why he has never won balon dor.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I have just seen the highlights from his 16/17 and 17/18 performances. He became so slow this season and his dribbling abilities arent as good as in previous season. He wasted his talent in a kids league. Normally he should be the second best player now and with his talent a top5 player of this generation. But of course he is MUCH BETTER than overrated Mbappe.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
So after Mbapp?, Verratti, Kurzawa, we have another injured : Kehrer. He has fractured one of his ear bone.

This can't be coincidence anymore. Are these players faking injuries so they can avoid bottling these games ?

If only the Barca players knew...

KT9UONc.jpg
HI2vxa7.jpg

Home of Barca Fans