Neymar Jr.

FinBarcelonafan

Well if they will offer Grizmann plus some cash I would not be so mad.

But just cash for this cunt is bad deal.

This team won't be any better with Neymar. We will score more goals but let in way more. Griezmann is a team player while Neyney is about the show. Our team defense is already garbage. We can't have Suarez Messi and Neymar playing. It would be suicide.

JamDav1982

This team won't be any better with Neymar. We will score more goals but let in way more. Griezmann is a team player while Neyney is about the show. Our team defense is already garbage. We can't have Suarez Messi and Neymar playing. It would be suicide.

Hear this all the time about Neymar but he is one of the hardest working forwards going in terms of constantly making runs off ball and tracking back.

Also if he is on the left he cant be left one on one and is a threat if teams play a high line. That stops teams being able to play a high line and press from front so easily.

Neymar would improve the current team massively and is a hard working player who caused teams more to think about defensively.

Despite that.. having Messi and Suarez working so little off the ball and as a structure to press and hold a formation Barca will still get out worked too often.

Only way Neymar coming back will work is if Messi stays up on RW and holds position more and there is another CF brought in to press more than Suarez does.

Sailor Mars

Neymar is old and (a bit more) fat now. Plus he has had all the foot injuries. He has been playing more of a Messi type role for PSG where he has the ball at his feet and is the creative cog in their offense. Don't think it will be a good fit for him here because the offense still runs through Messi, and Neymar just won't have the same work rate that he used to have here.

BBZ8800

Guys, a current pandemic is something which has never happened before.
We don't know what players are doing, whether they are training, living healthy, whether they are anxious etc.

Also, even if football will start again in let's say September (which is not that likely), it will mean that all players had 6 Months without football and without matches.

It will have a huge impact on a lot of players.
A lot of players will NEVER again reach the same form due to this pandemic.
Especially lots of older players or players who had injuries.

A lot of players will look like Arda at Barcelona once when a football starts again.
I wouldn't be surprised at all that Neymar will be one of those players due to his age, injuries and party lifestyle.

mc_lovin

Current Neymar for PSG starts a lot of attacks well in his own half, definitely not lazy at all.

Would interpret this more in a sense that hes staying in his comfort zone. Either way we dont need a playmaker upfront when we already have Messi - see Coutinho.

@BBZ: Weird and highly speculative argument. I see your point, but that applies to every player. The shit Neymar has pulled off with us should be enough to end this transfer though...

Last edited:

BBZ8800

@BBZ: Weird and highly speculative argument. I see your point, but that applies to every player. The shit Neymar has pulled off with us should be enough to end this transfer though...

You need to use a common sense and some things which you have learned while watching football for 10-20 years.

1. remember how bad players look like in a preseason, after 2 Months without football.
Now imagine how they will look like after 3, 6 or 12 Months without football.
2. remember how players look like after long injuries (6-12 Months) and how long it takes for them to reach a form (usually 6-12 Months).
3. remember how Suarez and Arda looked like when they haven't played football for some time.

I know that this applies for all players.
Messi looked as if he was declining heavily in the last 2-3 Months.
Once when a football resumes, Messi could look like an absolute granny with 33 or 33 and a half and after 6-9 Monhs without football.
Or imagine other grannies like Suarez, Busquets, Rakitic, Pique and similar.

So, yes, it will apply to all players.
But my point is: in moments like these, it is even more riskier to splash 150M on Neymar when there is a very high chance that all players will decline heavily.
Even before pandemic, buying Neymar would have been a risky move.
Now, after this, it is is even worse.

Not to mention that from a summer 2021 till a summer of 2022, we will have:
Euros 2021, Copa America 2021
World Cup 2022
Weird league seasons with who knows how many matches, Champions league etc.

So, we will have a long period without football now.
Then players will return rusty and in a horrible shape.
And then, in 12 Months, we will have 2 CL finals, Euros/Copa America and a World cup.
Players will get overburnt physically and mentally.

When you sum it all, and how a world and a football world will look like in the next 2 years, imo, it is way better to save money and see how things will develop than make crazy transfers.

I don't even want to mention: imagine if a football continues in September and if we get hit by a 2nd wave of corona in 2020/21 and we need to stop the world again.
What is a use of Neymar and expensive players then?

You will again reply: it is speculative.
Yes, it is.
But when you sum it all, any expensive transfers are extremely risky in this moment.
Now it's time to play La Masia players, younger players like Arthur, Frenkie and co, sign some free agents (there will be tons of them) or to buy some cheap players from teams who will be hit with financial problems due to pandemic.

This is time to play it safe and not invest too much.

Messigician

Barcelona to Neymar last summer: "Either you come this year or you come next year, that's for sure." Now it's time for Bar?a to fulfill that promise. [md]

Barcilliant

Firstly I don't want him. He's fat, burnt out, a fucking diva, too many off field distractions, too expensive. But the main thing is he won't fit here.

Even when he jwss at his best here he slowed down alot of our attacks by holding onto the ball too long or showboating.

Douglas costa at 50 million would make more sense. Get Aguero in for around 30 million and we are set in the forward line. Let Griezmann go to Psg for 75 - 80 million. I would rather see us pay some big money for some quality CBS and a box to box midfielder.

Messigician

Firstly I don't want him. He's fat, burnt out, a fucking diva, too many off field distractions, too expensive. But the main thing is he won't fit here.

Even when he jwss at his best here he slowed down alot of our attacks by holding onto the ball too long or showboating.

Douglas costa at 50 million would make more sense. Get Aguero in for around 30 million and we are set in the forward line. Let Griezmann go to Psg for 75 - 80 million. I would rather see us pay some big money for some quality CBS and a box to box midfielder.

Douglas and Sergio aren't good enough for Barcelona

xavisionary

Been watching some Ney comps. I think he might be the second best player to watch of his generation. Just an amazing talent.

Also, does anyone else remember watching his header against the USA 10 years ago?

serghei

Guys, a current pandemic is something which has never happened before.
We don't know what players are doing, whether they are training, living healthy, whether they are anxious etc.

Also, even if football will start again in let's say September (which is not that likely), it will mean that all players had 6 Months without football and without matches.

It will have a huge impact on a lot of players.
A lot of players will NEVER again reach the same form due to this pandemic.
Especially lots of older players or players who had injuries.

A lot of players will look like Arda at Barcelona once when a football starts again.
I wouldn't be surprised at all that Neymar will be one of those players due to his age, injuries and party lifestyle.

Great news. Our players were lazy and unfit while our competition was sharp and super-fit before corona. Now everybody will be untrained and unfit. We win the double for sure.

We have experience with days off. Valverde was a mastermind after all. All this time he wanted us to be prepared to deal with very few training sessions and many days off so the players don't lose their mind in lockdown.

Last edited:

RIZALDINHO

we seem to have a rubbish transfer policy every year. every time a transfer window comes around. we just decide to waste 100m on overrated players ( dembele, coutinho griezman and now neymar,

Home of Barca Fans