Neymar Jr.

Lutece FC

Since the return of Leonardo they didn't discuss of prolongation ... Confirmed several times in french medias.
Leonardo always explained that prolongation will be discussed in second part of the season except for special cases (last year contract for instance T.Silva) or young talents.

It seems that again Sport is not better than toilet paper in terms of credibility and truth.

You could discover in May 2020 that he has extended his contrat until 2025.

For me Paris, will do its maximum to keep Mbappé which is the absolute priority. Neymar could be sold for a solid amount like it was last summer. Maybe this time Barca will make a real offer and not beg a deal.

Messigician

Since the return of Leonardo they didn't discuss of prolongation ... Confirmed several times in french medias.
Leonardo always explained that prolongation will be discussed in second part of the season except for special cases (last year contract for instance T.Silva) or young talents.

It seems that again Sport is not better than toilet paper in terms of credibility and truth.

You could discover in May 2020 that he has extended his contrat until 2025.

For me Paris, will do its maximum to keep Mbappé which is the absolute priority. Neymar could be sold for a solid amount like it was last summer. Maybe this time Barca will make a real offer and not beg a deal.

We will use the clause to get him for 170m. No need to of a deal with P€G

Messi983

Thank God if true. Let's hope [MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION] :nasser: will set a 400M price for Neyboy again next summer so we'll forget about him once and for all.

Vilarrubi

I’m not sure it exists yet but FIFA can set it in the Summer 2020 transfer window because he’s played 3 seasons so he’s out of his “protection period” in the contract. It’s to help players who want to leave who have no release clauses.

Newcomer

I’m not sure it exists yet but FIFA can set it in the Summer 2020 transfer window because he’s played 3 seasons so he’s out of his “protection period” in the contract. It’s to help players who want to leave who have no release clauses.

Yeah, this is the "clause" we are talking about.

It is well known that there is otherwise no clause in PSG contract and in France generally.

Btw, RMC has confirmed that PSG has not offered Neymar a renewal following his will to leave last summer. They are expecting to hold talks in 2020. It was again an empty article from Sport...

Last edited:

mc_lovin

That "release clause" is pandoras box. Its purely theoretical right now? If someone uses it a lot of players become fair game. Dont think we should cross that line, but hey, we are universally hated anyway, right. Another lowpoint for Bartomeu.

Copperpot

Banned
Btw, i can see you are very brainwashed by the media. How many games of Neymar did you watch since the World Cup (i presume you still have this image of him from the WC)? I'm sure that the forumers here who have watched PSG play, even at the start of this season, can tell you that Neymar doesn't dive or roll around more than any other player like Mané. And the worst part about Neymar diving during the World Cup is that he was actually fouled but he play acted to get the guy sent off. I remember reading here some people being outraged by the fouls french referees are letting Neymar go through without whistling or booking his opponent.

Brainwashed by the media? I’m not even going to respond to that nonsense, my views of Neymar are same as the majority of football fans around the world and what most people felt on this forum, until Barcelona started to be linked with him again.

Neymar is known globally as one of the most talented players in the world but a diva and a drama queen and in my opinion more trouble than he’s worth (**** allegations/punching a fan/bans for criticizing officials/partying lifestyle/partying on crutches/not turning up for pre-season training/late for training/conflicts with teammates/unsportsmen antics on the pitch/allround unprofessionalism/injury prone).

Negativity and trouble surrounds this guy, so you trying to paint this picture of him as this great guy, being well liked, misunderstood, not a diver, doesn’t roll around as much as other players and only being a handful because his entourage is demanding is quite frankly one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on a football forum, fanboyism to the extreme.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Brainwashed by the media? I’m not even going to respond to that nonsense, my views of Neymar are same as the majority of football fans around the world and what most people felt on this forum, until Barcelona started to be linked with him again.

Neymar is known globally as one of the most talented players in the world but a diva and a drama queen and in my opinion more trouble than he’s worth. So you trying to paint this picture of him as this great guy, being well liked, misunderstood, not a diver, doesn’t roll around as much as other players and only being a handful because his entourage is demanding is quite frankly one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on a football forum, fanboyism to the extreme.

I'm not trying to "paint a picture". You are.

You said Neymar is toxic in a dressing room. You have failed to show any proof of that. In contrary, all his current and former teammates love him and want him in their respective club.

You said Alves bashed Neymar just by reading the clickbait title. I offered you to read the actual content of your own article. I see that you have not reacted to that because he is saying the opposite of your statement.

Who are the people finding Neymar hard to deal with (i mean people who know him not fans around the world like you)? Barça board, PSG board. His coaches bar the one in Brazil (i read that he got him fired) have always praised him. And i think Barça and PSG board are totally right because the guy and his entourage are a pain in the ass. But that doesn't mean that he is toxic with his teammates. This was my point.

And yeah, people here were bashing him more until he could come back because of the way he left. It is a normal reaction for a fan of a team. He is seen as a "traitor". Rabiot isn't half as good as Neymar and not worth as half much as the brazilian but he is seen as a "traitor" because he lied to then leave on a free.

But keep on living in your fantasy world where MU is trying to get rid of Pogba because of his toxicity. I get it that you dislike players with diva attitude and i agree with you. I don't like that very much. But what should matter in the end is what they deliver on the pitch since they are footballer before anything else. And PSG/Barça are doing that with Neymar and MU is doing that with Pogba.

I can only wish you a quick departure of Pogba so that you can play a non toxic player like Fred week in week out.

Rory

No one can doubt Neymar's ability as a footballer. Some years he was 2nd best in the world after Messi, some periods of time he played even better. Watching him play with Messi was also some of the most exciting football I've seen so to some degree I get why people want him back.

But he is regularly injured. He costs an amount of money that would plunge us further into financial disarray. His attitude has been found wanting in some ways, not just how he left us but the partying with his sister on her birthday every year, somehow being injured for that specific time. Not to mention he is known as a party boy, that brought down Ronaldinho who was far greater than Neymar and we just expect it to not bring Neymar down further than it already has?

The only scenario where it's not completely awful for him to arrive is if Suarez, Pique, Busquets all left to break up the clear club de amigos that is happening and to free up the wages. EVEN THEN he is injured too often, how do we stop that? By praying?

Newcomer

Neymar is known globally as one of the most talented players in the world but a diva and a drama queen and in my opinion more trouble than he’s worth (**** allegations/punching a fan/bans for criticizing officials/partying lifestyle/partying on crutches/not turning up for pre-season training/late for training/conflicts with teammates/unsportsmen antics on the pitch/allround unprofessionalism/injury prone).

Negativity and trouble surrounds this guy, so you trying to paint this picture of him as this great guy, being well liked, misunderstood, not a diver, doesn’t roll around as much as other players and only being a handful because his entourage is demanding is quite frankly one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on a football forum, fanboyism to the extreme.
I didn't see your edit.

Let's see the point :

- **** allegation : did you follow the case or not? The girl was a nutjob who clearly attacked Neymar out of nowhere when they were making out. A case was dismissed by the justice as she couldn't provide enough evidence. That is a very low point for you.

-partying lifestyle : what is the problem if the guy wants to party exactly ? How does it bring you negativity or trouble, just because the guy enjoy his life ? Ronaldinho was prolly one of the worst in that case and i have never seen anyone dislike Ronaldinho for this. The only person who can be harmed by this is Neymar himself as he could shorten his prime. Partying with crutches... So the guy can't go to the carnival because he has crutches ? It is not like he is berd ridden or that going there will affect his injury. Sometimes, i wonder if you know that footabllers are actual people who want to do stuff. If you had fractured your foot, would that prevent you from going to a party even if you can only watch ?

-conflicts with teammates : you are referring to Semedo-Neymar thing ? It happens in football. Won't take any side as i don't know why they went overboard for a tackle in a training.

-unsportmanship antics : you are talking about his theatrics, i suppose. I don't think anyone would defend him when he claim he has been shot down on the pitch. What i'm saying is that people link Neymar to diving but, while he does dive sometimes like a lot of players, most of the time he tries to hard to sell a real foul to the referee to get his opponent a yellow card. And that is because Neymar is known as the most fouled player in Europe because of his playstyle.

-injury prone : i don't see how being injury prone makes him troublesome or not likeable for football fans. Do i hate Diaby because he was always injured for Arsenal ? No, i was a bit sorry for the guy. Same with Sturridge at Liverpool. Neymar has been unlucky with his fracture injury last two years. Do you hate André Gomes now that he has a fracture ?

-professionalism : see the Romario/Ronaldinho argument. The only person being harmed is Neymar himself. The guy still delivers on the pitch so you can't blame his professionalism. It will just shorten his prime.

-not turning up for pre-season : he was wrong not to come back in time and has paid a fine. This is what fines exist for.

Last edited:

Newcomer

https://www.*********/en-gb/news/28...-lose-sterling-for-just-15m-under-the-webster

A nice article about that FIFA article and how tricky it is. Replace the * by g o a l . c o m

Could Liverpool lose Sterling for just £1.5m under the Webster ruling?
December will see the 20-year-old move past the 'protected period' in his current contract, meaning that he could buy out the final year of his deal in the summer of 2016
GOALSPECIAL REPORT By Liam Twomey Follow on Twitter

Brendan Rodgers insists that Liverpool are "not overly concerned" by Raheem Sterling's decision to postpone contract talks until the summer and perhaps it is a little early to panic. The 20-year-old still has more than two years left on his current deal at Anfield and is yet to voice any explicit desire to leave.

But the window for Liverpool to tie down Sterling may be smaller than it appears, depending on just how determined the youngster and his representatives are to secure the most lucrative possible financial package on Merseyside or elsewhere.

December would see Sterling move into the fourth year of the long-term deal that he signed back in 2012 and add another considerable ace to what appears an increasingly formidable hand. The 20-year-old could, in theory, buy out the final year of his contract in the summer of 2016 and gain full control over his next destination.

Article 17 of Fifa’s transfer rules enables any player under the age of 28 to terminate their employment once a "protected period" of three years comes to an end, provided that they notify their club of the intent to do so within 15 days of the final competitive match of the season and pay any required compensation.

The precedent is the acrimonious transfer of Andy Webster from Hearts to Wigan in August 2006. Frozen out after a dispute with the club’s controversial owner Victor Romanov having sought to join Rangers, the Scottish defender invoked Article 17 to force through a move to the Premier League.

After an 18-month legal battle that reached the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, it was decided that Hearts were due just £150,000 in compensation, based primarily on the wages due for the remainder of Webster’s contract. Along these lines, Sterling could theoretically buy out the final year of his £30,000-a-week deal for a little over £1.5 million.

It is, however, not quite a simple as that. "The calculation that CAS came up with in Webster whereby he was only required to pay compensation on the remaining amount of his wages is probably less of a possibility, for a couple of reasons," Daniel Geey, sports lawyer with Field Fisher Waterhouse, tells Goal.

He points to the more recent cases of Brazilian midfielder Matuzalem’s protracted transfer from Shakhtar Donetsk to Real Zaragoza and goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis’s abrupt departure from Udinese to join Sevilla, both in the summer of 2007.

"In those cases compensation wasn’t a calculation of the remaining proportion of the wages that should be covered, it was of the actual harm the club suffered," Geey adds. "In the case of De Sanctis it was the replacement cost for Udinese to buy a goalkeeper of similar standing, and in the end the cost of two was included in the calculation."

The fallout from the Webster ruling has created another complication. "There’s usually a clause in the employment contract of a number of Premier League players that states if they unilaterally terminate their contract, the market rate of the player will be classed as the harm suffered," Geey explains.

"Then it’s up to the Dispute Resolution Chamber of Fifa and/or CAS to make a decision on the market rate of the player. That’s quite unattractive to any player who’s looking to go to another club, because the buying club won’t know how much they could potentially pay in the end."

If Sterling’s contract contains such a clause, the cost to the player and the club that signs him of exploiting Article 17 would likely be considerably more than £1.5m, though removing the deal from the confines of the transfer market makes the precise figure almost impossible to predict. "Market value is only usually between a willing buyer and a willing seller, not decided in a court," Geey admits.

The length and cost of the legal battles associated with Article 17 cases have helped to keep them on the fringes of football’s transfer economy since Webster and Geey sees nothing to suggest that that will change. "There are easier ways for a player to try and transfer - in the worst case putting in a transfer request and losing out on potential loyalty bonuses," he insists.

No high-profile Premier League player has yet tried to exploit Article 17, despite several pointed invocations during fraught contract talks in recent years. Nor is there any indication that Sterling will be the first but its looming presence on the horizon is a powerful reminder to Liverpool of who will hold all the cards should they fail to resolve this impasse in the summer.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans