Neymar Jr.

Newcomer

United, Bayern, chelsea, City, Liverpool, real, Barca. All have the means to buy him if 170m fifa valuation is true. Add to that Juventus if thwy get rid of Ronaldo some way. No one believed Juventus could afford Cr7, and they still did (All tho im not sure it was very wise of them). He hasn't contributed anything sporing wise. You clearly underrestimate how much money flows through those Gigaclubs, and cr7transfer is prove of that.

Anyway only realistic club to buy him is Barca, since Madrid are hooked on mbappe and the other club just rank to low or doesn't do transfers like this.

If Barca signs him two of our three giga waste signings most be sold. Preferably Cou and Griez. A 1-2 up front Messi being the am would be amazing with Ney and dembz. But even putting neygate and neycircus aisde, the injuries are a major concern and add to that the concerns of his life style... Some what similar to Pique... Has always a lot of stuff going on, be it partying, making trips to Brazil or just a sub optimal prof. take on living healthy.

Griezmann must go at the very least and be sold for 120m.

Simply because those 3 clubs are the ones who are used to pay high transfers for one player and offer mega wages to one player. And Neymar is a galactico, a mega star in and out of the field. You have to pay fr that (PSG sponsoring and merchandising have exploded after his arrival). You could add Juventus with CR7 move and we know that until he stays there, they can't spend that much money anyways.

City spends the most money in the game but they only likes their 50-75 M€ range of players. MU has a retarded board. Bayern likes to tap up players and gets them on the cheap side bar the occasional release clause break of Lucas Hernandez (very young).

The only other club that could buy Neymar is Chelsea as they are rich but i'm not sure he would be compatible with their current policy.
Well, you are agreeing almost words for word with what i said earlier.

Regarding CR7, it was a wise move from Juventus. There is an interesting thread :
[tw]1196335865380913152?s=20[/tw]

Last edited:

Newcomer

copperpot is a united fan, lol.

Ah didn't know about that.

It doesn't change anything though. Neymar has only played for Barça and PSG in Europe and his teammates in both teams want him in their respective club. Not to mention that for a toxic guy, he is always hanging out in his private life with them (both Barça players and PSG players).

Neymar is a toxic element only for the board and the finance. But one could say he could bring money in merchandising/sponsoring. I dunno if it can dramatically improve in Barça since it is already so high. But we do know that Barça (and PSG) have a special history with Brazil and "needs" their "special brazilian attacking player". It was underlined when they transferred Coutinho.

Havesaks

Well, you are agreeing almost words for word with what i said earlier.

Regarding CR7, it was a wise move from Juventus. There is an interesting thread :
[tw]1196335865380913152?s=20[/tw]

Ah damn sorry, i totally read it way to quickly. My mistake.

Messigician

Barcelona still want the return of Neymar, the winger also remains very open to rejoining the Catalan club. [betevé]

The signing of Neymar is a real possibility next summer.[sport]

Ney continues to take steps to end up at Barça by rejecting PSG's renewal proposal until 2025 [sport]

Barça keep the Brazilian's signing on the table for next summer [sport]

All In [sport]

Vilarrubi

Not true. I have said this here several time and it can be easily checked : Verratti didn't renew at all at the time. In fact, he didn't renew for years and has only signed a new deal few weeks ago. I even feared he would let his contract run out.

The 170/180 M€ in one payment would be a good price for a player who wants to leave, is injured and has only 2 years left in his contract. Always a bad news to lose such a player but it would change from the times Barça tried to lowball with offers of small money + Rakitic and Todibo. Players who aren't playing and aren't even worth a dime in this market.

I stand corrected, we were after him in 2016 and he renewed in August 2016, but the real "saga" was 2017 so I got mixed up.

If Neymar left do you think you would replace him with a big name and keep Mbappe or do you think it would start a domino effect, Mbappe to Real etc. Can't help but think it would be the latter.

Newcomer

I stand corrected, we were after him in 2016 and he renewed in August 2016, but the real "saga" was 2017 so I got mixed up.

If Neymar left do you think you would replace him with a big name and keep Mbappe or do you think it would start a domino effect, Mbappe to Real etc. Can't help but think it would be the latter.

No problem.

Mhhh, i don't think Mbappé situation is related to Neymar future. PSG does indeed want Mbappé to renew and has made an offer. The player is the one to decide at the end.
In that one note, i would add that in french press and media close to the club there have been no news of a renewal offer for Neymar. It is then surprising that Sport says Neymar has refused. Not that i think he would agree, i already said here that i think he still wants to leave but i dunno if what Sport is saying is true.

I don't think PSG will let both of them leave next year (i see Neymar leaving at 99% and Mbappé stirring shit up to leave too but won't be allowed to leave). It will be the 50th anniversary of the club. I can totally see PSG hold out until they have only one year of contract. Bit like Chelsea did with Hazard and Courtois before they joined Madrid. I think PSG wants to keep Mbappé more than they want to keep Neymar because the former has not pissed them (yet).

If PSG sells one of them, they will undoubtedly chase a marquee signing. I'm sure PSG would like players like Pogba and Dybala. Dybala was a realistic target last summer as he was on transfer list. However, he is doing so good now that i don't think Juventus will agree to sell it now. On top of that, i had read that there were problem with his image rights : he was being sued by his former agency and the club that will buy him could have to pay 50 M for that on top of his regular transfer fee.

Copperpot

Banned
How do you know Neymar makes a dressing room toxic ?

All i have heard about his teammates is that they like the guy. Your players want him to come back very hard. Our players wanted him to stay very bad. For a toxic guy, he is pretty well liked by his teammates.

Things I've read + what viewers see with their own eyes in that he's a diva and all about himself (ie. the penalty issue with Cavani), he's the Justin Bieber of football or the Justin Beiber of 2 years ago as he seems to be calming down a bit now.

People call Pogba a nice guy, but he's another, all be it not as bad as Neymar, but the type who brings too much drama and all about himself and a player you get the impression United want out more than Pogba wants out himself, United have already rid themselves of 2 of these characters in the summer in Lukaku and Sanchez, all that remains is Pogba and JLingz.

I just feel the £170m-£200m for 28 year old Neymar will not be looked back on as a good investment, Barcelona should be going after PSG's true crown jewel in Mbappe and leave Neymar where he wanted to be.

Newcomer

Things I've read + what viewers see with their own eyes in that he's a diva and all about himself (ie. the penalty issue with Cavani), he's the Justin Bieber of football or the Justin Beiber of 2 years ago as he seems to be calming down a bit now.

People call Pogba a nice guy, but he's another, all be it not as bad as Neymar, but the type who brings too much drama and all about himself and a player you get the impression United want out more than Pogba wants out himself, United have already rid themselves of 2 of these characters in the summer in Lukaku and Sanchez, all that remains is Pogba and JLingz.

I just feel the £170m-£200m for 28 year old Neymar will not be looked back on as a good investment, Barcelona should be going after PSG's true crown jewel in Mbappe and leave Neymar where he wanted to be.

Yeah, you are tight to talk about what you read and what the viewers see. It is outside perspective.

I sure can't tell you how Neymar is in real life, i'm not his friend or acquaintance. What matters is the perspective of his teammates because you stated he is toxic in the dressing room. Turns out that they unanimously praise him and want him. How do you explain that ? Did he bribe them or threaten them to make them praise him ?

Recently, there was a news about Lukaku departure. Turns out solskjaer wanted to keep him but the player wanted to leave. The same goes for Pogba. He said he wanted to leave and MU kept him. Why ? Because he is their best player. It is that simple.
The problem of Sanchez is not is character but the fact he has an absurd salary compared to his performances on the pitch. Lingard is and has always been average.

Copperpot

Banned
What matters is the perspective of his teammates because you stated he is toxic in the dressing room. Turns out that they unanimously praise him and want him. How do you explain that ? Did he bribe them or threaten them to make them praise him ?

No teammate will ever criticize him public, even ex teammates because Neymar has a huge following and you know how crazy fans can be on social media. Alves is a good friend of Neymar i believe but he recent gave an interview how "Neymar has the sensibility of a child" that's as close as a teammate of Neymar will ever coming to criticizing him in public.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...y-child-Dani-Alves-hits-Brazil-team-mate.html

He's a talented player, one of the top 5 in the world, but his antics (ie:- diving and rolling around) and his all-round controversial nature on and off the pitch will stop many big clubs (who could afford him) even showing any interest.

Last edited:

Newcomer

No teammate will ever criticize him public, even ex teammates because Neymar has a huge following and you know how crazy fans can be on social media. Alves is a good friend of Neymar i believe but he recent gave an interview how "Neymar has the sensibility of a child" that's as close as a teammate of Neymar will ever coming to criticizing him in public.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...y-child-Dani-Alves-hits-Brazil-team-mate.html

He's a talented player, one of the top 5 in the world, but his antics (ie:- diving and rolling around) and his all-round controversial nature on and off the pitch will stop many big clubs (who could afford him) even showing any interest.

I wonder if you have ever read the article you are quoting or just judging based on the clickbait title. This is what he said :

Alves, speaking to Brazil's SporTV Grance Circulom, said: 'At times, in order not to generate a certain type of sensibility, he retracts.

'Neymar is a very sensitive person. Neymar is very affected by many things, and at times many of those are unjust. Neymar has the sensibility of a child. But Ney is not a child, no. He is a man. People have to start learning to respect Neymar. The Ney of the Brazilian team people don't respect. People only respect you when you position yourself.

'Ney has already won in football so he can talk and say what he wants. There are a lot that keep talking, commentating and haven't won anything. That is why I value that he [would] position himself, because when they say something that is not right about you whether it's [Walter] Casagrande or someone else, you have to stand up for yourself.'

What he is saying is that Neymar is an accomplished player, not a child but a man and that he should make people (like you?) respect him as the accomplished player he is. In short, that Neymar is a bit softy and shy in public. Wow, such a condemning comment from Alves !

What i see is that you already have your preconceived view on the player (and others like Pogba, Lukaku and Lingard) and will go to any length to make it fit to your agenda.
What is public knowledge is Abidal has said they want Neymar, Messi wants Neymar, Suarez wants Neymar, Piqué wants Neymar (and even talked shit about postponing some payment in their contract to allow his comeback), Marquinhos wants Neymar, Mbappé wants Neymar, Verratti wants Neymar, TS wants Neymar, etc... And even out of the field, from their instagram stories, you can see Neymar hanging out with his PSG teammates (was at Disneyland with Navas and their respective kids past week end), and his former Barça teammates.

The only logical outcome is that Neymar is not toxic for the dressing room but that he is fucking annoying to deal with for the board as his entourage is very demanding.

Btw, i can see you are very brainwashed by the media. How many games of Neymar did you watch since the World Cup (i presume you still have this image of him from the WC)? I'm sure that the forumers here who have watched PSG play, even at the start of this season, can tell you that Neymar doesn't dive or roll around more than any other player like Mané. And the worst part about Neymar diving during the World Cup is that he was actually fouled but he play acted to get the guy sent off. I remember reading here some people being outraged by the fouls french referees are letting Neymar go through without whistling or booking his opponent.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans