Neymar Jr.

KingLeo10

We got 2 elite half seasons. Hoping we will have him fresh and fit in 2020.

Imo, Alves career is very good. Better than Neymar's one. Because he was so much better than almost anyone else in his position during such a long time. He is just old but had still good feet. I don't like the man but the player was unreal.

He has lost a bit of his acceleration.

I wouldn't mind you guys meeting and knocking out Juve/Liverpool (is there a possibility of you finishing 2nd or is 1st secured?). Just don't progress farther than Barca so we don't take the crown of no.1 underachievers in Europe. Then again, City's defense looks VERY suspect.

:griezmann:

CatalinR10

Alves is that annoying guy who always knows everything better than everyone else.

I agree with your opinion about Alves but I find it funny that before Neymar's move to Psg , Alves kept saying that Neymar needs to be his own man , needs a new challenge , has to move to PSG so he can with the bdor , with all the french media praising him for his words , even a bunch of psg fans here said the same.

Funny how things change LMAO.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neymar leaving to become his own man was a fair take, to be honest. I don't agree with it, never did, but it wasn't an unreasonable proposition.

The problem was leaving to become his own man in a league where the only way he could be relevant is by winning the Champions League, and the way he left Barcelona too.

Newcomer

I wouldn't mind you guys meeting and knocking out Juve/Liverpool (is there a possibility of you finishing 2nd or is 1st secured?). Just don't progress farther than Barca so we don't take the crown of no.1 underachievers in Europe. Then again, City's defense looks VERY suspect.

:griezmann:

We are "almost" certain to finish first in the group. We have 5 points lead with a 3-0 win in head to head with Real Madrid and 6 points left to grab.

Real Madrid can get the first place if :
1) they beat us by a larger margin than 3-0 (which is totally possible considering how shit we are currently) and,
2) they win against Bruges and,
3) PSG fails to beat Galatasaray in the last game in Parc des Princes.

I hope and think that despite losing in Madrid, the team should be able to win against Galatasaray at home.

Juve will likely finish first of their group but, while Napoli is in turmoil now, they can still top their group if Liverpool messes up.

I see PSG with Chelsea in knock out. Second option would be Atletico. Third option Tottenham. PSG almost only faces English or Spanish clubs and Chelsea-PSG is becoming a classic fixture like PSG-Barça in the past decade.

I would prefer the teams in City group or Lyon finishing first so that we could get Leipzig but it won't happen.

About City, PSG defence is even more suspect than City's one. This is the sad state of affairs at PSG. Usually, i always have a lil bit of hope we can win CL but the way we are playing, i have no more hope left. I just hope they'll show some fight.

Newcomer

I agree with your opinion about Alves but I find it funny that before Neymar's move to Psg , Alves kept saying that Neymar needs to be his own man , needs a new challenge , has to move to PSG so he can with the bdor , with all the french media praising him for his words , even a bunch of psg fans here said the same.

Funny how things change LMAO.

They didn't know the guy and now they know. ^^

Newcomer

Neymar leaving to become his own man was a fair take, to be honest. I don't agree with it, never did, but it wasn't an unreasonable proposition.

The problem was leaving to become his own man in a league where the only way he could be relevant is by winning the Champions League, and the way he left Barcelona too.

It is normal for a Barça fan to be angry with Neymar departure.

Neymar is very unlucky though. The guy was so good before his injuries. He was flying.
I do think we would have been eliminated by Real Madrid anyway. Real wasn't really better in the first leg but they did score those 2 late goals and the tie was over at 3-1.
However, no way the MU debacle would have happened with Neymar. And i'm confident a non injured Neymar would have been World Champion. He was still not 100% fit and Brazil was clearly the better side against Belgium. I also think it would have been more difficult for France to beat Brazil than to beat Belgium.

Sadly, Neymar career will always be a case of "if". If he wasn't injured in Brazil World Cup (they would still have been spanked haha, who am i kidding!!!), if he wasn't injured before World Cup, if he wasn't injured before Copa America(he would prolly have a Copa Win in his palmares), if he wasn't injured before knock outs with PSG, if...

Tekkers

Alves is that annoying guy who always knows everything better than everyone else.

The player was truly amazing but the guy is so annoying.

I remember at the end of last season, when we were losing games, he couldn't shut the fuck up and was talking like he knows how to win and people should start to listen to him. But on the pitch he was showing, despite his technical quality which is still out of this world, he had no more legs. Acting like the players, the coach even the president should bow to him. Obnoxious character.

He likes to talk too much bs.

Not saying Neymar isn't like that (the guy is an avid gamer and goes to party everywhere) but Alves is just the guy that has (shitty) opinion about everything and knows better. Wouldn't read too much in what he has to say.

The only worry you should have with Neymar is not his "sensibility" but his level of football. His level is still excellent but his injuries are very worrying. This is what Barça leaders should consider. Is this phenomenal fottballer is worth all this money despite his shortened seasons. If he is a manchild but play like Messi-lite on the pitch, it is worth it. And obviously, his former teammates do like his character if they want him to come back so bad.

his former teammates wont be here in two-three years and at this rate neither will neymar. mbappe is the better option if he decides to not extend his contract with psg

Vilarrubi

I think Neymar will be bought in the next summer transfer window, maybe even winter. It was pointed out in the Sport article this morning Neymar having no thoughts about renewing. If you remember the Verratti saga when he decided to stay it was followed up by a renewal contract in August. Pretty sure if that 170m release clause is true we will pay it and Abidal's recent comments on Neymar show we are interested.

Newcomer

I think Neymar will be bought in the next summer transfer window, maybe even winter. It was pointed out in the Sport article this morning Neymar having no thoughts about renewing. If you remember the Verratti saga when he decided to stay it was followed up by a renewal contract in August. Pretty sure if that 170m release clause is true we will pay it and Abidal's recent comments on Neymar show we are interested.

Not true. I have said this here several time and it can be easily checked : Verratti didn't renew at all at the time. In fact, he didn't renew for years and has only signed a new deal few weeks ago. I even feared he would let his contract run out.

The 170/180 M€ in one payment would be a good price for a player who wants to leave, is injured and has only 2 years left in his contract. Always a bad news to lose such a player but it would change from the times Barça tried to lowball with offers of small money + Rakitic and Todibo. Players who aren't playing and aren't even worth a dime in this market.

Copperpot

Banned
Why are Barcelona even bothering with this shithouse?

No Premier League clubs would go near him, no Italian clubs would and neither would Bayern, so he's basically only got 3 top clubs to choose from PSG (and you get the feeling they and their fans want the back of him) and both Spanish clubs (Barcelona and Madrid) who like their shithouse players, i wish he never had those 2 options though.

Newcomer

Why are Barcelona even bothering with this shithouse?

No Premier League clubs would go near him, no Italian clubs would and neither would Bayern, so he's basically only got 3 top clubs to choose from PSG (and you get the feeling they and their fans want the back of him) and both Spanish clubs (Barcelona and Madrid) who like their shithouse players, i wish he never had those 2 options though.

Simply because those 3 clubs are the ones who are used to pay high transfers for one player and offer mega wages to one player. And Neymar is a galactico, a mega star in and out of the field. You have to pay fr that (PSG sponsoring and merchandising have exploded after his arrival). You could add Juventus with CR7 move and we know that until he stays there, they can't spend that much money anyways.

City spends the most money in the game but they only likes their 50-75 M€ range of players. MU has a retarded board. Bayern likes to tap up players and gets them on the cheap side bar the occasional release clause break of Lucas Hernandez (very young).

The only other club that could buy Neymar is Chelsea as they are rich but i'm not sure he would be compatible with their current policy.

Copperpot

Banned
Simply because those 3 clubs are the ones who are used to pay high transfers for one player and offer mega wages to one player. And Neymar is a galactico, a mega star in and out of the field. You have to pay fr that (PSG sponsoring and merchandising have exploded after his arrival). You could add Juventus with CR7 move and we know that until he stays there, they can't spend that much money anyways.

City spends the most money in the game but they only likes their 50-75 M€ range of players. MU has a retarded board. Bayern likes to tap up players and gets them on the cheap side bar the occasional release clause break of Lucas Hernandez (very young).

The only other club that could buy Neymar is Chelsea as they are rich but i'm not sure he would be compatible with their current policy.

I’m not sure what your going on about, but for all the ‘could buy Neymar’ in your post, which i disagree with, many clubs could by Neymar, but as said none of these clubs even would for how he is on and off the field, he'll make any dressing room he goes in toxic.

He's a shithouse of the highest order, on par with Ramos and only topped by Suarez.

Even Barcelona fans who want him back know he’s a shithouse deep down, do a search back this thread and you’ll read many derogatory animal names linked to Neymar (snake/weasel/rat), even the title of this thread used to have dollar $$ emojis next to his name until there was talk of Barcelona bringing back again.

Last edited:

Newcomer

I’m not sure what your going on about, but for all the ‘could buy Neymar’ in your post, which i disagree with, many clubs could by Neymar, but as said none of these clubs even would for how he is on and off the field, he'll make any dressing room he goes in toxic.

He's a shithouse of the highest order, on par with Ramos and only topped by Suarez.

Even Barcelona fans who want him back know he’s a shithouse deep down, do a search back this thread and you’ll read many derogatory animal names linked to Neymar (snake/weasel/rat), even the title of this thread used to have dollar $$ emojis next to his name until there was talk of Barcelona bringing back again.

How do you know Neymar makes a dressing room toxic ?

All i have heard about his teammates is that they like the guy. Your players want him to come back very hard. Our players wanted him to stay very bad. For a toxic guy, he is pretty well liked by his teammates.

I agree that his whole circus (dad, the brazilian guys living and travelling with him) is annoying for the club because the club has to pay for them to get Neymar. But i make a distinction between the board and the players. Like in Barcelona, Neymar has pissed our board, there is no denying that. And he had pissed your board too.

And no, not "many clubs" could buy Neymar. You may be not aware of the economics of the game. Neymar has a top 3 salary in the world and is the highest transfer in the world. This is the reality. If it was so common, there would have been a lot of transfers with that cost (salary + wages).

Last edited:

KingLeo10

How do you know Neymar makes a dressing room toxic ?

All i have heard about his teammates is that they like the guy. Your players want him to come back very hard. Our players wanted him to stay very bad. For a toxic guy, he is pretty well liked by his teammates.

I agree that his whole circus (dad, the brazilian guys living and travelling with him) is annoying for the club because the club have to pay for them to get Neymar. But i make a distinction between the board and the players. Like in Barcelona, Neymar has pissed our board, there is no denying that. And he had pissed your board too.

And no, not "many clubs" could buy Neymar. You may be not aware of the economics of the game. Neymar has a top 3 salary in the world and is the highest transfer in the world. This is the reality. If it was so common, there would have been a lot of transfers with that cost (salary + wages).

copperpot is a united fan, lol.

Havesaks

United, Bayern, chelsea, City, Liverpool, real, Barca. All have the means to buy him if 170m fifa valuation is true. Add to that Juventus if thwy get rid of Ronaldo some way. No one believed Juventus could afford Cr7, and they still did (All tho im not sure it was very wise of them). He hasn't contributed anything sporing wise. You clearly underrestimate how much money flows through those Gigaclubs, and cr7transfer is prove of that.

Anyway only realistic club to buy him is Barca, since Madrid are hooked on mbappe and the other club just rank to low or doesn't do transfers like this.

If Barca signs him two of our three giga waste signings most be sold. Preferably Cou and Griez. A 1-2 up front Messi being the am would be amazing with Ney and dembz. But even putting neygate and neycircus aisde, the injuries are a major concern and add to that the concerns of his life style... Some what similar to Pique... Has always a lot of stuff going on, be it partying, making trips to Brazil or just a sub optimal prof. take on living healthy.

Griezmann must go at the very least and be sold for 120m.

Home of Barca Fans