Neymar Jr.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, it is not.
France is a multi sport country, so people won't rave about football like in the other countries. Yet, it is the number one sport.

Rugby is more of a thing in the south. Interestingly, there is a big historical rugby club called Stade Français whose stadium sits next to Parc des Princes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sta...KHQ8ICfgQ9QEwBXoECAQQCA#imgrc=eDn51HZEG_PtWM:

Handball is also well liked in France.

The thing is people don't have that feeling of appartenance some fans have in other countries. Bayern and Dortmund are always full and their fans buy a lot of goods related to the club. It gives the club good incomes too.
In France, you have great loyal fans but also a huge part of spectators. Most clubs aren't at full capacity any other game that is not against PSG.
Also, football followers from France likes to bandwaggon whatever team that is cool in CL. Those will only really follow a french club if it is actually successful. They have so few personnality that they sometimes use the same "farmer league" argument they heard from anglo saxon forums to shame their own league. I find that weird. It is like they have no self respect. You can appreciate your league for what it is. Especially when those same people won't call leagues ranked lower than french league as "farmers". Kind of echo chamber fallacies.

Thanks for the information, appreciated.

Last time I was in Nice I went to a restaurant with my Barca jacket on and had a nice chat with one of the waiters who happens to like us (Barca) for both football and handball and he told me how dominant Barca Lassa Handball team is in Europe etc.

German fans are on a different level, sometimes too enthusiastic and hard-core (for example German fans protesting Monday night games and Bayern fans protesting the color of their short being blue etc.) to my liking.

Newcomer

Better use the Neymar metric since it is what has sidelined him from 3 months last year.
Doubt it will be a year recovery but still he is out for CL anyway.
We are fucked, as always at this period of the year.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Jones fracture? Nasty injury, and happens to athletes who are either huge (Embiid type guy) or explode too hard from a planted foot. Neymar tends to telegraph his dribbles and take hard planted steps to cut or accelerate. Also his style of dribbling invites bad challenges while he's off balance, leading to heavy falls. Guys like Messi/Hazard are more braced when they fall because they don't overdo any of the above habits that Neymar does, and have a strong center of gravity.

This type of fracture often recurs and affects the career long term. Neymar is in a very problematic position tbh. It's likely that he misses the United fixture and that PSG end up losing, but he could also be out for even longer and not play any further rounds if they do make it. That'll be 2 missed CL seasons in his prime, and a WC where he underperformed badly, followed by maybe missing the Copa America or being out of shape for it.

I don't know if it'll affect him to the point that he declines soon, but I wouldn't be too surprised. Big, recurring injuries can derail careers quickly. This was a big worry when Messi kept tearing his hamstrings *knock on wood *

Porque

Well, this is not really the problem i'm pointing out.

If they don't watch PSG games, they shouldn't self assured declare Mbappé is better than Neymar.

I mean, i won't say Guedes is better than Parejo when i watch exactly 0 game of Valencia.

Also, you are mostly foreigner following Barcelona here but i'm French watching french football and supporting my french club. So usually, unless i go like here on foreign forum, people around me actually know the in and out. So, yeah, French people do watch French football even outside Paris and we are happy to have players of Neymar's quality. It would be stranger for us French to like all our good players leave and not like when a good foreign player comes. As a matter of fact, PSG is the only team that play at a full capacity stadium when playing away. So, those purchase were in fact beneficial for the economics of the league and the clubs.

Your right. Paris was an exageration for the point. France is more correct to say.

LaLiga was a similar case prior to the empty stadium fines. Only Barcelona and Madrid would garner full stadiums thanks to multiple reasons.

Leo_Messi

Suits him well that his career has been on a downward spiral on every front ever since the idiotic snake left us dry. I for once enjoy his dismiss and sincerely hope that he will do a "Ronaldinho" or "Brazil classic" and decline within the next 1-2 seasons as he is slowly approaching 30 and irrelevancy.

I used to like him as a player but that ended after his freakshow during the summer of 2017. That can never be forgotten from my part. Not only that, I feel that he has declined as a player in the farmer's league. Ball hogging has reached a whole new level and the number of senseless dribbles. He was extremely poor during the World Cup as well.

I am not wishing him injury but I won't lament him being injured or feel pity for him. He is in a place in his career that is entirely his own doing. You wanted to screw this club over and the fanbase that almost always took your side despite numerous controversial behaviors and now fate has screwed you over. Poetic justice.

Last edited:

Devils

Better use the Neymar metric since it is what has sidelined him from 3 months last year.
Doubt it will be a year recovery but still he is out for CL anyway.
We are fucked, as always at this period of the year.

What i was trting to say was that when Neuer first got the injury he was out for around 3 months as well and then when it happened for a second time he was out for a year.

Severity of the injury also matters i guess.

Newcomer

Suits him well that his career has been on a downward spiral on every front ever since the idiotic snake left us dry. I for once enjoy his dismiss and sincerely hope that he will do a "Ronaldinho" or "Brazil classic" and decline within the next 1-2 seasons as he is slowly approaching 30 and irrelevancy.

I used to like him as a player but that ended after his freakshow during the summer of 2017. That can never be forgotten from my part. Not only that, I feel that he has declined as a player in the farmer's league. Ball hogging has reached a whole new level and the number of senseless dribbles. He was extremely poor during the World Cup as well.

I am not wishing him injury but I won't lament him being injured or feel pity for him. He is in a place in his career that is entirely his own doing. You wanted to screw this club over and the fanbase that almost always took your side despite numerous controversial behaviors and now fate has screwed you over. Poetic justice.
He was clearly not fit for World Cup. When he came back from Russia and started the season, he was also terrible. He didn't have that quickness of the feet, that acceleration that is so crucial to his (dribbling) game.
Few months into the season, he was back to his level.
For me, he is second to Messi only. Such an incredible player

Devils

Strasbourg player Anthony Gonçalves on Neymar: "He is a great player. But if you play like that, then don't complain if you take some knocks. We aren't here so he has fun at our expense. We aren't here to make him look good. If Neymar wants to have fun, we are responding with the weapons we have."

Strasbourg a club full of assassins brehs.

:wow:

kollegah

would not have happened in the greatest league called "La Liga".

In those farmer leagues (France, Turkey, Russia) they dont know about playing joga bonito, they only can play the dirty game there.

Newcomer

Problem are not the players, Neymar has always been fouled (most player fouled on top of Messi in la Liga i think).
Problem is the cunt ref that can't officiate and give yellow cards when they commit offences. If he had, they would have played less brutally in order to not get sent off, pretty simple.
Hate those refs, no wonder they can't go to big competitions (except one, that is shit as well).

Home of Barca Fans