Neymar Jr.

Vilarrubi

BBZ, I've seen you bring up these stats about 100 times both to praise Rakitic' god-like defending skills and to criticize Arthur's. While I can understand the latter - Arthur is indeed no defending machine (though I'd take him above Rakitic any day) - the former is just a result of wrong reasoning.

You're using 4 stats here to supposedly prove Rakitic has the best defensive stats out of all of our central midfielders. However, there is only stat pointing this way that actually has some (statistical) importance to it. Allow me to explain:

- Interceptions: 1.5 is not bad, in line with Busi so you could say he's the joint best in this area. Sure, I'll give you this one. Let's look at the other stats.

- Blocks: even mentioning this stat is absolutely ridiculous. You're talking about a stat where Rakitic is averaging 0.2/game. That makes the stat completely irrelevant for two reasons: Firstly, it is statistically insignificant. You don't compare metrics when the number of observations is this low, it just doesn't make any sense. If in the future Busi were to average 1 extra "lucky" block every 5 games over Rakitic (which could very well happen, after all what's one block every 5 games), he would end up making 0.2 blocks per game more than Raki. According to your logic of simply comparing stats to determine who's best in a skill, Busi would suddenly be the better "blocker". Do you think that makes sense? In more statistical terms, for a metric with such a low number of observations, randomness plays way too big of a role to make any interpretations. I'd recommend you do some research on the law of big numbers if you don't understand. Secondly, you have to think about the footballing significance of this stat. Sure, Rakitic' averages 0.2 blocks per game more than Arthur, that's 1 every 5 games. Is that something we actually value? Is one block every 5 games something that's even worth mentioning? I'd say hell no! No statistical significance + no footballing value = dogshit stat

- Clearances: same reasoning applies, to a lesser extent (I'll give you that). The difference with Busi and Vidal is really small however. Again, the difference is one extra clearance every five games (compared to Busi and Vidal). Is that even worth mentioning? Your call.

- Tackles: Aaah, the stat with the most statistical significance. This stat is much less skewed by random events (e.g. lucky tackles) than the other metrics. And what do we see? Rakitic is not the best one here, not even nearly. In fact, Busquets averages almost 4x more tackles every game than Raki! In other terms, he makes 2.5 more succesful tackles every game. Finally something that actually has some value for a football team: I think we can all agree that 2.5 tackles in a game is actually useful for a team.

So to sum up, you used 4 stats to prove your argument, of which
- 1 stat is relevant
- 1 stat is statistically completely insignificant with no footballing meaning/value, and in which Rakitic is joint best with 2 of the other 3 players
- 1 stat which is statistically fairly insignificant with no footballing meaning/value
- 1 stat that is statistically significant, that has footballing meaning/value and in which Raki gets destroyed by 2 of the other 3 players

Hope I made my point.

Thank you for reading, can't believe I wrote this whole BBZ of a bible...

I'll make sure to copy this monster so I can reply the same thing every time you bring up these nonsense stats.

Peace out, and make sure you respect statistics kids

:goodpost: :worthy:

When the stats guy gets out-statted.

Zica

Madrid can't even afford Neymar. PSG do not want Bale or James. They don't even have the cash after spending something like 300m already this summer.

I highly doubt Madrid are even in for Neymar, I just think PSG are trying to put pressure on us to offer more than what Neymar is worth. If the supposed Coutinho + Rakitic + 100m is true, that's a very good deal for PSG...... and if they've rejected that, I would tell them to fuck off. We'll be fine without Neymar.

It's very possible Neymar stays at PSG.

Their net spent is like 150m.

FinBarcelonafan

The good thing about this situation is that we don't NEED him. So chill out and take it all in. Whatever happens we're good.

True. This is good situation for us. Neymars first choice is to join Barca and we are not in big need to sign him, so we don't have to be desperate. Just wait and watch the price drop.

Zica

The good thing about this situation is that we don't NEED him. So chill out and take it all in. Whatever happens we're good.

Both Barca and Madrid are doing the right think to fuk PSG. Barca acting like they don't need Neymar. Madrid not negotiating now as to not push his price up. Perhaps come in with a last min low ball offer and see if PSG takes it. 3 way chicken game.

xXKonan

[tw]1161696486222172161[/tw]

Says the operation is complicated and they Valverde wants him. We want to offer Rakitic+Coutinho but PSG would also want more than 100 Million to go along with that offer.

booge

neymar is a player that gets goals out of nothing and almost always seems to score perform against the top clubs weather club level or national.

theres a reason why xavi and messi think highly of him regardless of his behaviour.

neymar was crucial in the bayern home and away match to get Barca in the CL final.

He's young, he's still quick and more experienced and ready.

cro-man

[tw]1161696486222172161[/tw]

Says the operation is complicated and they Valverde wants him. We want to offer Rakitic+Coutinho but PSG would also want more than 100 Million to go along with that offer.

They are trying to rip us off:lol: They are the ones who want get rid of him and we dont need him. Keep him or take that offer which is already too much...

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Should be possible to meet somewhere in between. Raki and Coutinho for Neymar with no money included would be a steal, so I don’t see that ever happening. Guess we will have to add like 40-60M on top of that get him.

neymar is a player that gets goals out of nothing and almost always seems to score perform against the top clubs weather club level or national.

theres a reason why xavi and messi think highly of him regardless of his behaviour.

neymar was crucial in the bayern home and away match to get Barca in the CL final.

He's young, he's still quick and more experienced and ready.

Messi was the reason why Barca won, not Neymar.

Raketa10

Great, the more this drags on in bigger panic will PSG be. They must sell him so we should stay firm because we definitely have better cards to play with. There is no way we should overpay this scumbag.

Home of Barca Fans