Page 341 of 590 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 8838

Thread: Neymar Jr.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Nah, they have arab oil money. For them a 220m. bust is nothing. Only thing they risk by not selling Neymar is showing that you can risk your career by joining PSG, becaue they just don't care that much about players' wish and will make a future transfer off PSG very very hard.
    Even though PSG have Qatar funding and the 220m for Neymar is a drop in the ocean, it's not like they can just use their billions if they don't sell Neymar. They'll need to sell him if they want to replace him for FFP.

This is different to Rabiot case because he had minimal worth and his contract was nearly up so they just stopped him from playing, they can't do the same with Neymar as they need that 200m for future transfers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor_Sunyol View Post
    Coutinho plus Rakitic and 100m would be fine by me.
    Agreed.

Coutinho worth: 70 million max.
    Rakitic worth: 40 million max. (I'm generous, he is 31 and the whole fanbase wants him gone)

That's 110 mil. United did not sell Pogba for 120 million and Pogba is a garbage luxury player. Of course Barca have to pay up on top of those 2 players if they want the best transferable player in the world.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Even though PSG have Qatar funding and the 220m for Neymar is a drop in the ocean, it's not like they can just use their billions if they don't sell Neymar. They'll need to sell him if they want to replace him for FFP.

This is different to Rabiot case because he had minimal worth and his contract was nearly up so they just stopped him from playing, they can't do the same with Neymar as they need that 200m for future transfers.
    Yup, Rule number 1 of management) Never EVER keep a player that doesn't want to play for your club. If PSG's owners keep Ney out of pride or because 40m a year is a drop in the ocean to them then what can be said apart from the fact that would make them not only poor business men, but poor football men too.

Either way this is a massive L for psg. I'd go as far as saying this Ney episode has made them realise they can't ever win the CL. Hence their relatively weak squad this year.
    "I don't care what Barcaforum thinks, for me it's Gala XI y nada mas." - Ernesto Valverde.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    I understand that money doesnt come from your pocket, not mine either, but still if you support club, you want them do good, 100m + rakitic and cou is just crazy, neymar isnt that good, his career is on downgrade since he left barca, his worth dropped alot, he cant be worth 200m anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck no! Coutinho, Rakitic and max. 60M.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto GOATverde Tejedor View Post
    Yup, Rule number 1 of management) Never EVER keep a player that doesn't want to play for your club. If PSG's owners keep Ney out of pride or because 40m a year is a drop in the ocean to them then what can be said apart from the fact that would make them not only poor business men, but poor football men too.

Either way this is a massive L for psg. I'd go as far as saying this Ney episode has made them realise they can't ever win the CL. Hence their relatively weak squad this year.
    Agreed. Even if Neymar stayed Diallo, Gueye, Sarabia and Herrera are all mediocre signings, nothing about them makes you think PSG are wanting to win the CL. If you add that to the fact that they could be losing their best player...... doesn't look too good for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Agreed.

Coutinho worth: 70 million max.
    Rakitic worth: 40 million max. (I'm generous, he is 31 and the whole fanbase wants him gone)

That's 110 mil. United did not sell Pogba for 120 million and Pogba is a garbage luxury player. Of course Barca have to pay up on top of those 2 players if they want the best transferable player in the world.
    Coutinho worth: 90 -100 million max.
    Rakitic worth: 40-50 million max
    Neymar worth: 150-170 million max

so Coutinho + Rakitic and max 20-40m plus

anything more is excessive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell1978 View Post

Exactly. I agree. When I hear Coutinho + Rakitic and 100 mil €, it's outrageous price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm PSG I flat out refuse that garbage offer. 2 surplus players that won't start for Barca, one of them already 31, and a bit of pocket change money that buys no good player. Would rather contact Madrid for 120 million cash (their Pogba money) + Isco. Uncle Flo would be ecstatic I think.

La Masia
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madrid are in pole position for this transfer IMO, only Neymar's wish to reunite with Messi and Suarez is keeping them away so far but if Barca don't make the necessary offer he'll go to Madrid.

First of all PSG hate Barca and would gladly do a deal with Madrid.

Second of all Madrid have lots of players which they could give PSG on top of cash: Marcelo, James, Isco, Bale. No probs, players worth more than 31 year old Rakitic or garbage Shootinho.

Won't be surprised if he ends up there.

La Masia
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is Coutinho worth 100 mil now? He was before from Liverpool to Barca, but he's been garbage for Barca, no one wants him really, his price tag has significantly dropped.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    I think if there is any truth in this it's just to raise the price. Why buy Neymar when they've just bought Hazard for LW.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    If I'm PSG I flat out refuse that garbage offer. 2 surplus players that won't start for Barca, one of them already 31, and a bit of pocket change money that buys no good player. Would rather contact Madrid for 120 million cash (their Pogba money) + Isco. Uncle Flo would be ecstatic I think.
    The question is, who needs this to happen more? Barca doesn t.
    If we are left without Neyboy there are 0 negative consequences, but there are some positive, like financial stability and a team without king of drama queens.

PSG can just keep him, but it will influence the perception of wanted top players in the future. The smart thing is to sell him, but there are 2 clubs that can afford him and where he would be willing to go.

So the position of strength is not on their side, low balling them is the right thing to do. I don t thing that Coutinho+Rakitic+40 mil is low balling, i think it s more than a fair offer considering all the circumstances.

Anything more would be an insane move.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, what's funny to me is that people here keep shitting on Coutinho and Rakitic, but for some reason they still think they're worth 150 millions together. Right... If they were both playing for another team and Barca was trying to buy them, everyone here would be posting "Rakitic is only worth 15 millions, he's old and painfully slow. And Coutinho has never been word class, and he's been a more expensive version of Rafinha for a while now, I wouldn't pay more than 50 millions to get him".

But yeah, keep believing that Neymar is worth hardly more than Coutinho if you want, based on the fact that "he's not even in the top 10 list this year !!!". Did Coutinho ever make that list ?