Neymar Jr.

Mitchell1978

Iniesta was super injury-prone before 2010, almost missed the World Cup, missed most of the 09/10 season but from 2010 onwards almost never got injured again. He was Neymar's age then.

Tough luck with injuries for 2 seasons doesn't mean he will be injured for the rest of his life.

Iniesta was 25 in that season, 26 at that World Cup. Iniesta also took much better care of himself and lives a quiet life for the most part.

Neymar will turn 28 the comming season and with his lifestyle and weak foot/ankle i don't believe he will remain injury free from now on for the most part.

vlad

Iniesta was super injury-prone before 2010, almost missed the World Cup, missed most of the 09/10 season but from 2010 onwards almost never got injured again. He was Neymar's age then.

Tough luck with injuries for 2 seasons doesn't mean he will be injured for the rest of his life.

But could be that is gonna get worse and worse, so why taking such risks

DAMNit

So is his leg good then? There must be a big reason why PSG wants to dump him. Is he damaged goods? What has he done in Paris?? Why is PSG so desperate to sell him? To me all this is just very suspicious.. I think a lot of shit will come out after he leaves.

PSG might be trapping us.

Not even constructive with the hate anymore. . *YAWNS*

BBZ8800

Why would PSG do us a favor and accept a loan deal? They want to get rid of him but they won't let him off leave for cheap like a loan deal. If we can't come up with the players they want or cash then they can sell him to Real Madrid. Neymar might want us but he won't turn down Real Madrid if we fall through.

It came to a point where he wants to leave so there is no point in keeping him.
If he'll stay, they will just lose money, fight with him and he will be injured.

This way:
They will get 200M in total over 2 seasons... and that's it.

They are not doing us a favor.
They bought a fit 25 years old player for 222M.
And they are selling a broken, forever injured, less motivated 27 year old for 200.

That is hardly a favor.

Raketa10

Coutinho's wages are to cover for Neymar's wages.
In terms of our Psg's deal, we will probably loan him for 30 or 50M with an obligatory buy next summer.

Where will we get 50M for Neymar now?
We will force Raki to Inter, or Vidal to Italy, Rafinha to Valenciaor Semedo to Psg.
With selling Cou, Rafinha and Raki/Vidal, we will cover for Neymar's wages and get 50M for a transfer fee for this summer.

That's it.

He is coming 99,9%.
As I have said, this is Rosell's and Barto's life mission.
Neymar in Barca's shirt forever.

Bzw, maybe it is time to plan how will we play in the next season.
I would like to see something like Lucho's faster counterattacking football with fast passes in the middle from Frenkie/Roberto/Alena and other fast players.

Semedo can't be sold. FFS who will be our RB? WAGUE?!?! This would be unbelievably stupid move! If this is a done deal just do it without Semedo being involved we don't need another season without a proper RB.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Neymar broke the same bone in his foot 2 years in a row. Jones fracture on the fifth metatarsal, one of the most problematic injuries because of the lack of blood flow to the area. That specific injury has ended more than 1 career in the NBA and caused massive decline in athletes across sports. Hell, look no further than Neuer who's never been even close to the same since he had it.

Now, Neymar isn't 2 meters tall or weighs 100 kilos, but that still has a huge effect on his ability to plant his foot and explode. He was at his straight up prime in his first PSG season, then got the injury. His production in the 2nd season wasn't as good, and then he got the same injury again. It's a pretty decent chance Neymar will be less athletic, MUCH more injury prone, and less productive than his prime at Barca. More likely than not, his peak has already passed.

The ankle sprains are something he's dealt with since his early years and he just has weak/skinny legs that get hacked at constantly. He definitely is a big injury liability

Last edited:

Bulgroz

Yeah, if you have to sell a player who wants to leave but no offer looks sufficient, you have to settle for a less than ideal deal. In that case, since the only 2 interested teams are offering players they don't want anymore + a very "small" sum in cash, PSG might aswell take a deal that involves the same "small" sum as a loan fee, if it means they'll get a lot more cash next season (instead of having to get overrated/old/injured players in exchange for their star player).
Think of it this way: you want to sell your car, you think it's worth 8.000 dollars. Somebody offers you either 4.000 dollars and a bag of used condoms, or 4.000 dollars now and 4.000 dollars in a year. He's the only buyer, and you really need to sell. What will you do ?

Also, I do think that those kind of deals (paying loan with a huge, mandatory option to buy) are going to be used more and more in the future. It's a great way to work your way around FFP (just like what PSG did when they got Mbappe on a loan with mandatory OTB).

Lutece FC

Because he is a great player but apparently some of you forgot that.

Semedo won't be a part of the deal simply because we need him. He is the only proper RB we have so it will be either Cou + money or Cou + Raki + money. I am 90% sure there is no other way to strike the deal.

Well, barca will need a lot of cash then.

Rakitic there is absolutely no way he comes here. Verratti is far better and younger.

Coutinho maybe, but it's not the first option in attack.

Even with Coutinho in the deal, it will cost so much for Barca... The same Barca which have difficulties to pay Atletico for Griezmann.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It came to a point where he wants to leave so there is no point in keeping him.
If he'll stay, they will just lose money, fight with him and he will be injured.

This way:
They will get 200M in total over 2 seasons... and that's it.

They are not doing us a favor.
They bought a fit 25 years old player for 222M.
And they are selling a broken, forever injured, less motivated 27 year old for 200.

That is hardly a favor.

No, I don’t dispute that PSG wants to get rid of him but I am asking you, why would they accept a loan deal? Are you saying it is like 50m loan and we will have to pay 150m etc. next year to permanently buy him?

By doing us a favor I am not saying Neymar is great, I meant why would they help us get Neymar while Real Madrid offers better terms? Neymar will not object going to Real Madrid.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
It won't cost us anywhere close to what you think it will. We are in the driving seat. The PSG fans did us a favour last night with all their banners etc. PSG will cut their losses and try and recoup something from what they laid out. With the reduced wages that we will pay Neymar, we will win in the end.

Raketa10

He can be sold. Semedo is nobody in terms of marketing. He can be sacrified.

No he can't. If we sell Semedo we would need another RB and we don't have money for that dude. FFS we need players to cover positions it's not all about marketing. I am wiling to bet Semedo is off the table, we are not that stupid.

Home of Barca Fans