Neymar Jr.

Pericles

All this storytelling will end with an extension of Neymar. No other club in the world can offer him such a net salary. Neymar is also showered with money hidden by various sponsorship contracts close to Qatar, by QNB, and in particular to be an ambassador for the 2022 World Cup. He is totally linked to PSG, sportingly and contractually. Neymar is not going to give up contracts that are worth hundreds of millions.

It will be extended after the Copa and everything will be in order. There is no clause in France, anyway.

Laplacian

I miss him, not the player itself but what he represents. We had Ronaldinho for a years, then Henry took over the left flank, then after him David Villa, and then we had Neymar. For the past 15 years we've had nothing but the best technicians on the left flank, and now we have the pace merchant French Donkey. From elaborate and mesmerising footwork, to being unable to control or shield the ball in tight spaces; and we paid 120m euros for the latter.

It's just so sad.

Messigician

BREAKING NEWS!

An official bid for Neymar has just been made by FC Barcelona

Barcelona have reportedly made an offer to Paris Saint-Germain for Neymar, as they hope €100m plus Philippe Coutinho is enough to reach an agreement.
[Ron Carne]

clemente

I miss him, not the player itself but what he represents. We had Ronaldinho for a years, then Henry took over the left flank, then after him David Villa, and then we had Neymar. For the past 15 years we've had nothing but the best technicians on the left flank, and now we have the pace merchant French Donkey. From elaborate and mesmerising footwork, to being unable to control or shield the ball in tight spaces; and we paid 120m euros for the latter.

It's just so sad.

Neymar was annoying his last season here, couldn't finish for his life, horrible decision making in final third, overdribbling when he had to shoot, together with Suarez relying on Messi.
Dembele's style is very electric, a lot of one-touch passing, bombing forward and punishing defenders for split second missteps, also gets many assists like he did at Dortmund. I like to have this versatility in a team that just pass the ball around just trying to keep possession, no need to call anyone a donkey.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Please no more BS rumors of us playing 100m + Coutinho to get him back, this is killing me.

Please just extend with PSG, Neymar!

Riordon

He is a snake but a hell of a footballer. What is Coutinho worth these days? The club value him at 100m but nobody wanna pay that amount. I doubt somebody is willing to pay more than 80m, if there is any buyers at all. So 100+80? Its actually a pretty good deal for us as we dont have to pay Liverpool bonuses.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He is a snake but a hell of a footballer. What is Coutinho worth these days? The club value him at 100m but nobody wanna pay that amount. I doubt somebody is willing to pay more than 80m, if there is any buyers at all. So 100+80? Its actually a pretty good deal for us as we dont have to pay Liverpool bonuses.

Let's see:

- Regressed a lot since he left us
- Has become injury-prone, which consequently affects his level
- Huge wages, greedy father agent, unsettled lawsuit
- Going to be 28 next February, his career has reached the point of no return and is heading south already
- Somewhat problematic life style off the pitch which might affect his on the pitch performance

Totally not worth 100m, let alone 100m plus Coutinho. Why would we want him?

Newcomer

Let's see:

- Regressed a lot since he left us

- Has become injury-prone, which consequently affects his level
- Huge wages, greedy father agent, unsettled lawsuit
- Going to be 28 next February, his career has reached the point of no return and is heading south already
- Somewhat problematic life style off the pitch which might affect his on the pitch performance

Totally not worth 100m, let alone 100m plus Coutinho. Why would we want him?

I won't dispute your other points because his recent injuries are worrying and his father is hard to deal with.

However, i don't see how he has regressed a lot. Neymar when not injured has been brilliant for PSG, both in L1 and in CL. Of course, there are some games he didn't shine like the return leg in Munich or Liverpool first leg (but he was not fully back from his injury and put a solid performance in the return leg). Neymar was one of the best player in the CL this year before his injury. It is not really his fault if PSG managed to lose against that MU team for the only games he was out in CL.

The fact you don't want Neymar back is understandable. Saying he is not worth 100 M€ is not.
Any vaguely talented player is worth around that value in this market. Felix with few games go for 120 M. Rashford is talked for an high value. MU wants 80 M for Lukaku.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I won't dispute your other points because his recent injuries are worrying and his father is hard to deal with.

However, i don't see how he has regressed a lot. Neymar when not injured has been brilliant for PSG, both in L1 and in CL. Of course, there are some games he didn't shine like the return leg in Munich or Liverpool first leg (but he was not fully back from his injury and put a solid performance in the return leg). Neymar was one of the best player in the CL this year before his injury. It is not really his fault if PSG managed to lose against that MU team for the only games he was out in CL.

The fact you don't want Neymar back is understandable. Saying he is not worth 100 M€ is not.
Any vaguely talented player is worth around that value in this market. Felix with few games go for 120 M. Rashford is talked for an high value. MU wants 80 M for Lukaku.

I respect this opinion of yours. He might be worth 100m alright, but certainly not 100m plus Coutinho in my opinion.

Bottom line is let's hope he will stay at PSG for as long as he can.

Judoman

I respect this opinion of yours. He might be worth 100m alright, but certainly not 100m plus Coutinho in my opinion.

Nah, [MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] is correct. Neyboy, when healthy is hell of a player and he didn t regress one bit. Based on this he is easily worth 100m+ (current) Coutinho.

But even if he was on Messi level i wouldn t want him here due to his body braking down and due to his personality and all the bs he brings with him.

Givenchy

just wondering, what do you value Coutinho at currently?

for me 90m at best is realistic, hes basically a record signing bench warmer going into next season with no place in midfield and Dembele ahead of him on the wing.. add to that Chelsea won't be able to buy any players i'm struggling to think of a top club who would buy him. United maybe if they sell Pogba but Coutinho would want CL football

so imo 100mil+ Coutinho for the 2nd best player in the world (when fit) is a great deal for us

(all hypothetical as i don't see a hope in hell Neymar is leaving PSG)

Home of Barca Fans