10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Richard.H

We're almost at the point where we need someone to shake up our dressing room a bit, like Pep did in 2008.

We didn't win any trophy in 07 or 08. There will be no shakeup until we go trophyless. I'm afraid Ernie might get another La Liga with the way Atletico and RM bottle simple matches.

Arizona Scott

It'd be great if he could just adapt as a striker. He has the best movement, instincts, and ability to hold the ball in the world. Shorties can be strikers, just look at Aguero or Romario. Problem is like Hazard, Messi wants to play "his way" even if it's to the detriment to the team. He can't play as a winger any more but insists on doing so. Whatever though, it's not a big deal...I've already accepted that we're not winning the CL any time soon. Mentality needs to change for that to happen and Valverde won't be the one to change it.

Thing is he is the best passer in the world and has the best vision in the world, and you want him to be able to move to the middle of the pitch and have multiple passing options in front of him. I think the key for the future is more pace and work rate in the other forwards and the midfield. You need them to suck up some defensive responsibilities but offensively Messi have them as outlets. I think as he ages he will be more of a supercharged version of Wesley Sneijder than an Aguero.

sickstar

When three players are crowding one, its not a wise decision to pass the ball to him, even if hes messi (unless hes in his best / goat of goat mode), before 11/12 season.

Even xavi / iniesta would need to find a moment to pass him the ball. Just except it, no one atm has the ability to go around players as iniesta had or keep possesion play like xavi had. Dembele is more like iniesta except hes a winger.

I dont know, if we place dembele close to messi, and there are two other winger coming from the back (remember 4-3-2-1 xmas tree formation of ac milan ?), Would it be better? Although theres some doubt in the defending midfielder. And coutinho could be sacrificed, which i dont really agree.

Or 4-2-3-1 with two full backs ?

Oh and barca's problem is not always main players, the substitutes are actually more of a concern. The level of communication is too low when there are some teams with two set of players of almost equal quality.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Need a manager who has balls like Pep who got rid of Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o, Zlatan etc. without hesitation.

Well, Pep was right in most of those cases. Except for Eto'o. I think that if Eto'o stayed for 2010, we would've repeated the CL.

But yeah, we need someone, who isn't afraid to do the change of generations.

Barcilliant

There are NO GREAT potential strikers out there. I mean Jovic an Piatek are there but not really proven at the highest level.

I would like to see Messi as a pure goal poacher. Get somebody else to do the creative work. I would like to see him back as a false nine. I hate watching him drop so deep. He should always be near the opposition penalty box.

kollegah

hast to step up in CL.
Everything less than 2 goals participations would be disappointing
Also it is time for him to score a FK again.

Havesaks

Im still chocked about his first half performance - i didnt watch second half. But it showed yet again that Messi is and never will be a leader, he is to introvert and gets to easily frustrated with himself. Also, he has to much power in our team not equivalent with his leadership qualities-

soul24rage

Im still chocked about his first half performance - i didnt watch second half. But it showed yet again that Messi is and never will be a leader, he is to introvert and gets to easily frustrated with himself. Also, he has to much power in our team not equivalent with his leadership qualities-

I agree he was bad 1st half, but he was much better 2nd half.

Home of Barca Fans