10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Raki13

Not disagreeing on the last part.... that wasn’t what we were talking about. He’s been unbelievable this season other than a couple of games recently where he hasn’t been 100% fit. Try again.

Will agree to disagree , by his standards hes been nowhere near unbelievable this season. It doesnt help that he has a brutal manager and a terrible squad of players around him.

wisconsincule

I dont think so. We've generally done well when he's been out as everything has to go through Messi when he plays. Our right side looks more lively and we are a little less predictable. Messi also doesnt track back much which isnt good for our defense. Still, Messi is still the best player in the world by far, but I'm sure we'll cope without him one day.

Yeah I feel like we’ll play like a team again when he’s gone. Now everyone just looks to pass him the ball. Defensively we’ll be better too because it will add another player to the press. It’s going to be awful when he decides to stop playing but we won’t be a Europa league side that’s for sure.

Laplacian

his workrate wouldn't be that much of an issue if he just stayed at ST but with Messi, he has to be involved in everything which 9/10 benefits us greatly but when it doesn't we have a dead right side and a makeshift RB who cant defend

It'd be great if he could just adapt as a striker. He has the best movement, instincts, and ability to hold the ball in the world. Shorties can be strikers, just look at Aguero or Romario. Problem is like Hazard, Messi wants to play "his way" even if it's to the detriment to the team. He can't play as a winger any more but insists on doing so. Whatever though, it's not a big deal...I've already accepted that we're not winning the CL any time soon. Mentality needs to change for that to happen and Valverde won't be the one to change it.

eaman

He should take all his penalties like the one he scored v Valencia. Wait for the keeper to move and roll it in. He used to take them that way years ago. Not sure he ever missed doing that

Kul_z

Some people who are on sport/nutrition/diet thing are mentioning that messi level dropped because of the new diet he's on and that his body needs time to get used to it. Similar like 2014 after world cup. One could only wonder if thats the thing

raskolnikov

Did his level drop that significantly though? He seems less since that weird arm injury but still the best player in the world though.

Home of Barca Fans