10 - Lionel Messi - V6

BusiTheKing

The problem with these kinds of games is that this current team doesn't produce anything organically. It never allows Leo to be just another link in the chain. He can't really relax and play the obvious passes because they don't present themselves.

Please indulge me in this analogy for a second. If these games for Messi were like a bunch of light rocks to be carrried, then great. He could lift those duties and contribute without straining himself. But the reality is different. All he's got in front of him are huge, heavy boulders. Either he lifts one or two of those or he doesn't contribute at all. When the big games come and he's fit and there's nothing else on his mind, he will take those big fuckers on and he'll carry them because nothing else matters. But often in these smaller games, when he knows he shouldn't strain himself too much, his task is frustrating because there's no smaller rocks to be carried. Only the big fuckers. So does he carry them or not?

What happens often and what we saw yesterday was him trying to carry the heavy duties without excerting too much force. That doesn't work and that's why his contribution is sorta all or nothing in this team.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Messi is so good his fellow players are too much in awe and always look for him in every attack. Everything goes trough him. You can tell they play different when isnt playing and others are forced to step up.

Nothanks

Messi has that effect on players...

or i should say talent has that effect, messi made xavi iniesta, neymar and other "special talent" look more like his sidekick.

Ronaldinho used to be that dude until messi came around and took it for himself.

soul24rage

I don't think Messi will win the golden boot this season as I think PSG's main objective would to be to help Mbappe win the golden boot while we are focusing on the CL. But it's a trade that will be well worth it if we win the CL imo.

pregra

I don’t really care but find it incredibly strange that goals in Ligue 1 are weighed the same as in La Liga.

xXKonan

Kinda funny how the changed how goals are weighed in Ligue 1 this season just to make guys like Neymar and Mbappe feel important scoring goals in a Micky Mouse league.

ebc_99

Golden boot doesn't really matter but it would be nice if he won it. Mbappe needs to score 4 more than Messi in 5 games to take it outright, 3 more to tie which would mean they share the award. I can't see Mbappe scoring 4 more in 5 games, If Messi score 5 goals in the final 5 games then I think he will share it at least.

CatalinR10

Golden boot doesn't really matter but it would be nice if he won it. Mbappe needs to score 4 more than Messi in 5 games to take it outright, 3 more to tie which would mean they share the award. I can't see Mbappe scoring 4 more in 5 games, If Messi score 5 goals in the final 5 games then I think he will share it at least.

why does Messi need to score 5 more goals if Mbappe wouldn't score 4 more ?

Messi is 3 ahead so far

Messi is still ahead at the Goldenboot race. Can score some goals against Alaves,Levante, Getafe, Eibar.. Whatever, it's not very important. The most important is to prepare for the match against Liverpool; full-focus, it's the match of the season for Barcelona.
Valverde should go for a full squad rotation against CeltaVigo (B-team like against Huesca). Look here :

1-5-2019: Barcelona- Liverpool
4-5-2019: CeltaVigo - Barcelona
7-5-2019: Liverpool - Barcelona

raskolnikov

Messi is still ahead at the Goldenboot race. Can score some goals against Alaves,Levante, Getafe, Eibar.. Whatever, it's not very important. The most important is to prepare for the match against Liverpool; full-focus, it's the match of the season for Barcelona.
Valverde should go for a full squad rotation against CeltaVigo (B-team like against Huesca). Look here :

1-5-2019: Barcelona- Liverpool
4-5-2019: CeltaVigo - Barcelona
7-5-2019: Liverpool - Barcelona
Yes for sure, also vs levante on saturday.
We need godmode Messi if we are to win that tie.

sickstar

Like messi would perform against levante.

He should play against eibar. But as a substitute 2nd half.

If we win or draw, at least, im not into playing him against levante. But sub him in if needed.

Golden boot is good but all feels nothing if we cant pass liverpool. So, focus all to that game. Sure we also must win the league, but imo at current condition we are still afford to win it with smart rotation.

Golden boot for messi is secondary. Even if mbappe take it from him, he will still win both world best football title (fifa, ballon) as long as barca get the treble.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans